Release date: March 17, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Mueller
Price: €17.99 - €16.99

914ZAt7D-jL._SL1500_.jpg
91h9deNWWLL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: MerlinT and K.i.T
Gorgeous steel! Sadly, in a personal first, Amazon Germany sent this out in an unpadded cardboard sleeve. EEK!

Tons of small dents all over the steelbook. There ended up being a huge scratch on the back anyway, so I suppose a replacement was in order regardless.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg
Still, problems aside, another gorgeous release from Capelight. Keep 'em coming! :thumbs:

Last edited:
It is a mix of Indiana Jones and the Mummy. It doesn't really offer anything new, but the action and special effects are quite entertaining. And VERY EFFECTIVE 3D!
Hmm think I might have to try before I buy then, as I'm not the biggest fan of Indy or Mummy. The steelbook is sooooo nice though! :drool:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the film. :thumbs:

Reactions: yy0925
I received my copy today and it was packaged loosely with a Mediabook, an Amaray and THE GREEN MILE SteelBook.

MOJIN was crushed although THE GREEN MILE was sorta OK.

Hmm think I might have to try before I buy then, as I'm not the biggest fan of Indy or Mummy. The steelbook is sooooo nice though! :drool:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the film. :thumbs:

Yes, better rent it first. It's that kind of movies you won't watch twice, even if you were the biggest fan of Indy or Mummy :D
But yeah, that steelbook is awesome!

Reactions: Noodles
Yes, better rent it first. It's that kind of movies you won't watch twice, even if you were the biggest fan of Indy or Mummy :D
But yeah, that steelbook is awesome!
In that case, I think I'll hold off on watching this until I get my 3D beamer back up and running. If I'm only going to watch it once, it might as well be in its full glory. :thumbs:

In that case, I think I'll hold off on watching this until I get my 3D beamer back up and running. If I'm only going to watch it once, it might as well be in its full glory. :thumbs:

Yes, definitely watch it in 3D :)
It was shot in native 3D, and you will see the difference. Overall great depth and many popup effects. Absolutely on a par with Avatar :thumbs:

I received my copy today and it was packaged loosely with a Mediabook, an Amaray and THE GREEN MILE SteelBook.

Amazon.de seems to have dropped sending steelbooks in their famous super-safe packaging as of late. In the German board there're also members who complain about receiving steelbooks in just a cardboard envelope with no protection whatsoever. I guess when returns because of damaged items reach a certain number, they'll look into it and eventually use better shipping boxes again.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: misformatt
Amazon.de seems to have dropped sending steelbooks in their famous super-safe packaging as of late. In the German board there're also members who complain about receiving steelbooks in just a cardboard envelope with no protection whatsoever. I guess when returns because of damaged items reach a certain number, they'll look into it and eventually use better shipping boxes again.

This was the point of my post.

Along with those newer titles, I also (finally) ordered DER MEDICUS, a very old title, as well as ANGRY BIRDS and they both came in individual boxes

Perhaps Amazon.de is changing their packaging policy and removing the individual boxes (which do add cost and size) from the SteelBooks.

Did they just deboss on deboss?? :O
Yup! The eyes are further debossed within the already debossed border.

This was the point of my post.

Along with those newer titles, I also (finally) ordered DER MEDICUS, a very old title, as well as ANGRY BIRDS and they both came in individual boxes

Perhaps Amazon.de is changing their packaging policy and removing the individual boxes (which do add cost and size) from the SteelBooks.
The other titles I'd ordered with this showed up a week or so ago each packed in those individual steelbook boxes and then placed in another box with some paper cushioning. I've probably had a dozen orders from Amazon Germany all packed that way, so this flimsy cardboard sleeve was a surprise.

I already have a replacement copy on the way--Amazon's replacement policy is fantastic--but I'll keep my fingers crossed it also wasn't just slipped into a cardboard sleeve. It'd be a shame if Amazon.de starts packing their steels like Amazon.it or Amazon.fr; their excellent packaging was what set them apart from the rest of the Amazon pack. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
its hit and miss on packaging I think some of the releases come still prepackaged nicely but after time they remove them if they dont sell fast nad then are packaged loose in bogger boxes with multiple items.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
its hit and miss on packaging I think some of the releases come still prepackaged nicely but after time they remove them if they dont sell fast nad then are packaged loose in bogger boxes with multiple items.

So I think it depends on the title.

I received a large box of titles -- all SteelBooks. DRAGON BLADE, GREEN MILE, and MOJIN were loose in the box, but ANGRY BIRDS and DER MEDICUS were in their own SB packages inside the box.

If you look at the SB packages, they are all individually labelled with the contents. I'm sure they sit on the shelf that way until they are ordered and packaged.

This may be something that Amazon.de is cutting back on as all the Amazons improve efficiency.

I was excited to get this gorgeous steel until I watched the movie... Visually entertaining, but I just can't make myself watch it again. Like what @yy0925 said, you might want to screen it first before putting an order. Money saved for me. Great looking steel though; should be a candidate for steelbook of the year. :Snap:

Reactions: yy0925