Mommy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No. 24) [Korea]

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: December 7, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - 1/4 Slip - Premium Box - (Pre-order on November 2 at 4 PM Korea time)
Price: $37.29 (Full Slip A or B) - $35.89 (1/4 Slip) - $61.89 (Premium Box)
Notes: Full slip A (1000 copies), Full slip B (1000 copies), 1/4 Slip (250 copies), Premium box (850 Copies)

20686684_1721131931523748_7880916876765691904_n.jpg

from Plain's fb:
We’ll be releasing Xavier Dolan’s Mommy in 2015. More details coming later this year.

Mommy won the Jury Prize at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look like a nice steel tbh

Reminds me of a Polaroid

Of course one member thinks premium retailers don't bother with the details PMSL

Wow that looks stunning.

Haven't watched the film though.
Liked his first movie(which Plain released), but was super disappointed with his last one.

I was already planning to buy Mommy, but damn! That's a nice steelbook. I'm also realy really hoping some of the others are Sicario, Handmaiden, and Moonlight.

Not familiar with the film but love the original look of this steelbook.
Window style framing with two of the original posters is decidedly cool and wouldn't mind seeing the style repeated elsewhere:-
wanpf3x8.jpg
ohihxors.jpg

Bit surprised not to see the most recognised poster here somewhere:-
fpijaav7.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice looking steel, but I wasn't a fan of the film unfortunately... in fact, I'd almost go as far as to say I hated it. :muted:

Very excited to see what the other steelbooks will be though! :D

Wow! What a reveal. I had a feeling PA was moving away from steelbooks after a rather tumultuous year of releases, but it looks like I was way off base.

That steel on top is definitely Sicario (good eye, @Flloydo); the flames on the bottom edge match up perfectly with the mock up. I wonder if the four steels flanking the center are actually in the can, or if they're just extra copies of Foxcatcher being used as stand ins.

Pretty excited to see what else PA has planned. I'd be happy with just about any of the titles others have already mentioned. I'd definitely be in for Moonlight, The Act of Killing, and A Most Wanted Man. :whistle:

Wow! What a reveal. I had a feeling PA was moving away from steelbooks after a rather tumultuous year of releases, but it looks like I was way off base.

That steel on top is definitely Sicario (good eye, @Flloydo); the flames on the bottom edge match up perfectly with the mock up. I wonder if the four steels flanking the center are actually in the can, or if they're just extra copies of Foxcatcher being used as stand ins.

Pretty excited to see what else PA has planned. I'd be happy with just about any of the titles others have already mentioned. I'd definitely be in for Moonlight, The Act of Killing, and A Most Wanted Man. :whistle:

Possibly stand ins tbh but then they could easily be prototypes for the others planned (although I can't see any art going over the edge and you'd possibly see ruffalos belt on the lower right of them)

Could be a while until we find out too considering it sounds like all these will be until the first half of next year (if I read that right)

I just see some orange and thought straight away to the sicario mock up

Yeah some of the ones mentioned if be interested in and this looks like my kind of film but the trailer did nothing for me (the steel looks better than the film lol)

Seriously got my fingers crossed for inherent vice. I wanted PA to do it anyway and it goes with their Anderson & Joaquín love

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill