Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultron96

Premium Supporter
Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
I've just seen this Tweet from Zavvi...

image.jpeg

So it appears the Zavvi will be selling Mondo steelbooks!

I'm happy to see Zavvi releasing Mondo X steelbooks.
Never had a problem with any of my 40+ Orders I've had with them.
Looking forward seeing what titles Zavvi will release. Hopefully Godzilla or Mad Max.

I'm really not confident Zavvi will maintain the quality of what's been released so far. I have visions of dodgy slip covers hiding the artwork :(

Reactions: Asopp
in my world, i prefer north american release, because it has always the french audio in it, and also the french canadian audio. It is on personnal note tho

i doubt zavvi will get them all or re-releases, just another retailer on part of the rotation for future titles

I am disappointed in this news thought as zavvi have no regard for the collector

mondo if you are reading this. there is still time to cancel with zavvi. you dont want to do this!!! call them up now and tell them you have changed your mind!

zavvi are the absolute worst of the worst. i just know they will somehow cheapen the steelbook quality and charge £30 each...........worst news of the year
can we get a petition going?

Reactions: Asopp and djjez83
I'm just not a fan of this move at all. I've never personally had an issue with zavvi, but a lot of their artwork kind of sucks. On one hand, I might finally get a Fight Club mondo, but on the other hand, I've seen some really meh mondo art. This worries me, honestly.

Canada was just the first location of the first retailer who was in the line.

It has been said many times that zerox39 at Futureshop was essential in making the Mondo Steelbooks happen. They were more than just "first retailer in the line".

Canada was just the first location of the first retailer who was in the line.
Hum... I think you're forgetting that @zerox39 and others at Future Shop made a LOT to get this Mondo X SteelBook project off the ground.

In this project, it was NOT only business, but more the love for Art and SteelBook case the were brought together and joined force. If it would only be about "business", a MUCH bigger player would have jumped in... but no... someone needed the ba**s to do this FIRST!

I strongly suggest that you take a sec and read this superb interview by @tridon :
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/09/28/scanavos-nick-coughlan-talks-the-mondo-x-steelbook-line/

P.S.
And let's not forget that HDN were also first in line with all this ;)

I have a question. Does zavvi actually make the ones they sale or are they like Best Buy and just a retailer? Because I would think that if they are a mondo x release it would be mondo who designs and it would be just like the rest of there ones out now. Just like target and bestbuy Canada.? Again i don't know much about zavvi and how they work and if they are a distributer and retailer or just one or they other.

I have a question. Does zavvi actually make the ones they sale or are they like Best Buy and just a retailer? Because I would think that if they are a mondo x release it would be mondo who designs and it would be just like the rest of there ones out now. Just like target and bestbuy Canada.? Again i don't know much about zavvi and how they work and if they are a distributer and retailer or just one or they other.
Correct, they do not make them-they market and sell them.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: paulboland
where's the dislike button?

I say that jokingly, but after receiving a string of dented steels from them and the subsequent auto-reply customer service totally turned me off from them. Obviously I'm going to have to give Zavvi another chance.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Status
Not open for further replies.