Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultron96

Premium Supporter
Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
I've just seen this Tweet from Zavvi...

image.jpeg

So it appears the Zavvi will be selling Mondo steelbooks!

Believe it or not- it would be CHEAPER for me to get the Canadian Mondo steelbooks to the U.S. from Zavvi in the UK! Crazy, but true.

Curious to see if it will be previous US/CA steelbooks, the next ones same as US/CA or a total different wave.

Anyway, it's a super good news!! It will be probably more than $25 cheaper than what i'm paying for (US & CA shipping charges to Europe are killers) :thumbs:

Yippee no more pointless region blocking (Even though I hate Zavvi)

Will they continue the line or just re-release the old ones? o_O

And now everytime i order one of them from zavvi i have to pray on my knees that it arrives safe in one of those crappy mailers they use, witch is like 10% of the time :mad: :punch: :banghead: I would much rather spent few extra buck on a GB done by a ninja and be at peace that it will arrive safely :thumbs: :)

Last edited:
Im pleased as it means UK will be selling Mondo X. Heres hoping it wont be until next year though as we already have #011 - #015 coming out within next 3 months. Im also hoping that zavvi dont go overboard like they did with normal steelbooks and we still keep the rarity/exclusive like we're seen with Futureshop ( like 1 a month) or like Target did with releasing 3 at once but then next couple not until a few months later.

Reactions: jammmy
Will they continue the line or just re-release the old ones? o_O

I can guarantee you that everyone on this forum that is a fan of the Mondo X line has been shouting for a long time about making sure that there are no re-releases. I think there are a number of people in the industry that understand that, and our friend @zerox39 definitely took that message to heart when he started this whole thing.

Zavvi, if you're listening, please do this right, and we'll buy each and everyone of your releases for this line if they are not reprints.

Otherwise, this might be the beginning of the end. :(

I can guarantee you that everyone on this forum that is a fan of the Mondo X line has been shouting for a long time about making sure that there are no re-releases. I think there are a number of people in the industry that understand that, and our friend @zerox39 definitely took that message to heart when he started this whole thing.

Zavvi, if you're listening, please do this right, and we'll buy each and everyone of your releases for this line if they are not reprints.

Otherwise, this might be the beginning of the end. :(

Today is a sad day for Collectors...
I'm confused... Why?? I'm guessing you both mean because they'll be less rare?

I'm confused... Why?? I'm guessing you both mean because they'll be less rare?

More that they'll go the way of Germany releases. Slam the same artwork into multiple regions and basically make it a global release.

There was a time when the Media Markt releases were super collectible. Then they did a reprint. And made them available in other spots as well.

Part of the fun is the hunt, IMO.

Tell me again why I would buy yet another copy of movie ABC when it's a global run? I'll wait for it to go on clearance from Zavvi

And then they never sell out.

If they never sell out or everyone waits for a price drop, they won't print more because they are sitting on dead stock from earlier parts of the run.

And then it's dead.

My heart sank as soon as I saw this thread... possible re-releases, high prices, crap packaging for those overseas. Hopefully Mondo have had words with Zavvi and schooled them on how to do this properly! I'm genuinely worried though, as Mondo X is my all-time favourite Steelbook line, and I'd hate to see it die so soon if it does indeed go the way Andy mentioned. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.