Monsters 2: Dark Continent Limited Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

May 1, 2015
Release date: 27th of August, 2015 (Ireland) - 30th of August, 2015 (UK)
Purchase links:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monsters-...5-/141725167276?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

HMV Ireland
Xtra-vision Ireland
Xtra-vision UK
HMV UK
Price: €27.99 (Ireland) - £16.99 (HMV UK) - £17.99 (Xtra-vision UK)

monsters2.jpg

ENTERTAINMENT ONE RELEASES MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT SPECIAL STEELBOOK BLU-RAY

Entertainment One announces that it will release a special steelbook alongside the standard DVD and Blu-Ray for its home entertainment launch of Monsters: Dark Continent.

Featuring specially commissioned exclusive artwork by up-and-coming artist Matt Ferguson, who has previously produced stunning exclusive artwork for Marvel and Disney’s Guardians Of The Galaxy and Avengers: Assemble.

Directed by Tom Green, Executive Produced by Gareth Edwards (Monsters, Godzilla) and starring Johnny Harris (Atonement, Snow White and the Huntsman, War Horse), Joe Dempsie (Skins, Game of Thrones, The Damned United) and Sam Keeley (This Must Be The Place, What Richard Did, The Borgias), Monsters: Dark Continent is the nerve-shredding sequel to cult sci-fi thriller Monsters.

Ten years on from the events of Monsters, the 'Infected Zones' have now spread worldwide. In the Middle East a new insurgency has begun. At the same there has also been a proliferation of Monsters in that region. The Army decide to drab in more numbers to help deal with this insurgency.

After a NASA deep space probe crash landed in Mexico, menacing extra-terrestrial life forms emerged. Now, so-called 'Infected Zones' have spread around the globe. With humanity in retreat in many parts of the world, the US is moving to protect its overseas interests. Giant, terrifying sand bugs infest the Arabian Desert, so troops have been sent in to firebomb the creatures, carting their bodies away on giant trucks to be incinerated. In this hostile environment, two soldiers are sent on a high-risk rescue mission.

Gareth Edwards' original Monsters was nominated for a BAFTA and led to him directing the recent Godzilla reboot. He returns as executive producer of this gripping continuation of the story. Monsters: Dark Continent is the directorial debut of another up and coming talented filmmaker, Tom Green, who shot much of the film on location in the extraordinary landscapes of Jordan.

RELEASE DATE TBC

Last edited:
I love most of Matt Ferguson's art, including this one... but I don't feel it works too well as a steelbook. Hopefully it'll look better in hand! He's also the same guy who did the Avengers art for the Phase One blu-ray set FYI.

matt.jpg

The trailer for this film didn't sell it to me, and neither did my buddy @csirules's short review, so I'll probably have to pass on this unfortunately. Many thanks for sharing the info though, Adrian. :)

I thought the first movie was about as exciting as watching paint dry. It was not horrible by any means but I think it was ridiculously overrated.
Agreed , very strange choice in steelbook , concidering there was a poll from eone and this wasn't on the original poll , I got the impression they said they need feedback so they could ok steels to be made so eone don't lose money on sales , I'm gonna guess this may not sell that well , so I think it's been contradicted a little , by no way I'm I putting this movie down , just seems a strange one

Reactions: hayemaker
I might give the movie a chance, but that artwork design looks very lazy. What's up with the black negative space? Steelbooks are limited edition packaging and it should be treated as such. I hope studios put some real effort into planning before execution of the product. I am a steelbook (purist) enthusiast however if this is becoming the norm, i might seriously become a hybrid and introduce amarays into my collection..

Reactions: luke98
The original design looks better @Noodles :)
I agree. The original colours work better, but obviously they changed them for the steelbook so that they can leave most of it silver/bare. However, I must admit... the steelbook is growing on me. I'm hoping for gloss and a debossed title. ;)

I agree. The original colours work better, but obviously they changed them for the steelbook so that they can leave most of it silver/bare. However, I must admit... the steelbook is growing on me. I'm hoping for gloss and a debossed title. ;)
I doubt it will be gloss hopefully, but i wonder who will sell this steelbook though Zavvi ?

I doubt it will be gloss hopefully, but i wonder who will sell this steelbook though Zavvi ?
It'll most likely be sold through eOne's own online store on Rakuten.co.uk (formerly Play.com) or possibly even Entertainment Store's.