Monsters (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: January 8th, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live around 6pm UK time on Sunday 3rd December)
Price: £15.99

11573117-1104523478083850.jpg

11573117-6394523478194964.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean there are WORSE Godzilla movies with REALLY bad characters.

And Samuel L. Jackson was good in the Star Wars Prequels, and Felicity Jones also, but this it is just me ;D

In the Millenium Era, the only ones I care is that you mention, G2000 and GMK, the others, are just really, really bad (Final Wars) or mediocre (Megaguirus) or just only entertaining (Tokyo SOS)

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
Finally watched this-
Not a fan of Edward's other two films- mainly because I find them bland and insulting. I was going to assume that Monsters would be his best film by default- but it just didn't work for me.
The characters were shallow, and I didn't find them engaging in the least bit.

And without the giant, spectacle VFX action sneezed on to the screen like in Rogue One or Godzilla- Edward's endeavors just seem to fall apart.
Don't get me wrong- I don't enjoy big spectacle features, and I should've hypothetically enjoyed this smaller-scaled film- but I feel like Gareth Edward's true talents are in composing VFX sequences as opposed to attempt any actual form of storytelling.

The characters were meant to be shallow in this film which is why it worked for me. Enjoyed this one but as you say not a fan of his other work.

Finally watched this-
Not a fan of Edward's other two films- mainly because I find them bland and insulting. I was going to assume that Monsters would be his best film by default- but it just didn't work for me.
The characters were shallow, and I didn't find them engaging in the least bit.

And without the giant, spectacle VFX action sneezed on to the screen like in Rogue One or Godzilla- Edward's endeavors just seem to fall apart.
Don't get me wrong- I don't enjoy big spectacle features, and I should've hypothetically enjoyed this smaller-scaled film- but I feel like Gareth Edward's true talents are in composing VFX sequences as opposed to attempt any actual form of storytelling.

Keep in mind, he didn't write the story or screenplay for either Godzilla or Rogue One. I think when it comes to directing he does a great job. But things like character motivation or progression are all in the hands of the writers.