Monsters (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: January 8th, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live around 6pm UK time on Sunday 3rd December)
Price: £15.99

11573117-1104523478083850.jpg

11573117-6394523478194964.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
love this film, for all of the things it is, rather than for all of the things people assumed it would be. i already have the DVD :LOL: lenticular slip edition (as below), which is to me a much better cover than this :thumbs: - it works well as a lenti, and better represents the film. don't understand why they have gone for a line/contour version of the iconic mask shot inside either. plus, spoiler alert for this cover!! and is that a drawn/sketch rendering of a film still? all seems a bit odd. :confused: may get it for the right price.

s-l225.jpg

I don’t mind the front but it has a more stranger things vibe.

This won’t sell out and Is not worth £15.99 so I’ll pick it up under £10

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
I have the german orange quersteelbook which I quite like (cant believe it´s still available after more than 6 years lol), but maybe I will add this one to collection as well, but defo with a price drop. Movie is good and atmospheric.

I hear really good things about this movie, but I’m still skeptical to watch it because of how much I dislike the director’s other two films.

It’s very different to his other films and low budget. Set design and locations is epic for how small it was

It’s slow but decent.

V. nice artwork and the first time in the UK . . . although of course we've already had the unloved silhouette artwork MONSTERS 2 . . .

Two in Germany . . . I must admit I certainly prefer that horizontal orange one to Ken & Barbie:-
upload_2017-11-10_0-47-10.png
upload_2017-11-10_0-54-34.png
upload_2017-11-10_0-53-44.png

I have the german orange quersteelbook which I quite like (cant believe it´s still available after more than 6 years lol), but maybe I will add this one to collection as well, but defo with a price drop. Movie is good and atmospheric.
:offtopic: thanks for that, @Hereticz :thumbs:, had no idea you could still get it, been wanting that for ages - just bought that orange quersteelbook. one or two still available at time of post, if anyone's interested.

back on topic, as for this one, i'm still not sold (especially not after seeing the orange one again). i like the back, but can't work out if i like the front or not, and not at all the inside. hmm... :watch: for price drop.