Monsters, Inc. (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #3) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive No.3 "Shipping start from 11th Oct."

Release date: 15th Oct.
Total Print run : 3K
- Kimchi exclusive numbered : 2K (1/4 slip: 800, Lenticular: 1200)
- Non-kimchi exclusive : 1K (Normal slipcover: 1000)
Gift for Limited edition:
- Photo card, Storybook, Sticker book & numbered art card
Artwork: Gloss Finish/No embossed & debossed

Purchase link:
- 1/4 slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)
- lenticular slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)

Price:
- MSRP: 60$
- Promotional price: 44.99$ (only valid from 30th August to 3rd September midnight, only 5 days until OOS)
- Order limit : 3x 1/4 slip per order, 5x lenticular per order
- Total item quantity more than 5 copies, it must be shipped by EMS only (each steel is 400G and Kimchi can not ship more than 2 kg package per order by k-packet)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

- Lenticular edition & Package
View attachment 44901

- 1/4 slip edition & package
View attachment 44903

More images:
13760361499722496.jpg

13760361499731628.jpg

13760362373253001.jpg

-Lenticular Image
View attachment 44900

-1/4 slip image
View attachment 44902

Actual pictures of both editions: (Thanks to ricster)
Lenticular:
IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

1/4 slip:
IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

Video presentation of the Lenticular slip:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 819
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 571
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 550
Last edited by a moderator:
That happened with me recently. Won two Blu-rays in an auction very cheap, seller contacted me almost straight after it ended telling me not to pay because his grandkids scratched the discs (why not tell me before?) he then emailed me saying he has a replacement he could send me but it would cost more as it is sealed. I accepted the offer as it was my maximum bid in the first place. It was probably just an excuse to get a bit more money, but then again I can't exactly blame the seller since eBay and Royal Mail take a large cut leaving sellers with nothing.

In your case, mbennett76, maybe the seller thought he would get more for the item? If you still want it, I'd try and get more answers from the seller.

Yeah i'm sure that's what it is, i looked at his history and it says he sold two of the same for £45, and i won at £34.

I sent another message to him about it cos he also mentioned after that there was damage but showed no photos.

Because you won it at a good price, he changed his mind and found a reason so he can refund you

Yeah i'm sure that's what it is, i looked at his history and it says he sold two of the same for £45, and i won at £34.

I sent another message to him about it cos he also mentioned after that there was damage but showed no photos.

Yeah, I guess the seller thought that would be the excuse to end all incoming queries. I have no idea why sellers start auctions and never set a reserve price, they should honour that price, if he wanted £45, then start a buy it now listing with a "best offer" option instead of getting hopes up :facepalm:. Unfortunately there's not much you can do since the seller refunded you for it. They could've at least told the truth. Be on the lookout as I've seen these listed many times before, if it went for £31 once, it probably will do again. Hope you find one. :thumbs:

Okay, so we've messaged back and fourth about the situation and i believe him. I don't like seeing the worst in people, I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt than moan about it anymore than i already have.

Thanks everyone though!

I didn't read everything so apologies if I am not fully aware of the situation, but got the giff of it.

If seller didn't sell to you after you won auction, whatever reason he gave you, like someone mention always possible seller wanted a higher price. Watch this seller and if he relists the item/or one the same(as he would have another copy to give you) make a complaint to ebay as they do not accept this behaviour. It is Shady.

On the other hand I would say look on ebay and but one with Buy It Now, I've seen the 1/4 slip not that expensive few weeks ago... but true I haven't seen the full lenti if this is the one you are looking for. But keep looking and maybe also in the sales thread herev maybe someone has a copy. But I am not familiar with the sales thread another Ninja would have to step in if a copy would be avilable(but that isn't certain).

From what I've seen, but I'll let you do your own research but found a couple not too expensive

1/4 slip http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monsters-In...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item43c77de419

Full Slip http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monsters-In...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3ce4cf5a01

The full slip has a lot of pictures that you can blow up big, looks like a pristine copy but make your own decision and look at each seller's feedback and Description etc...

Hope this helps somehow.

(my copies I bought from ebay since I also had missed the pre-order from Kimchi as I was not collecting steelbooks at the time)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Guys,

I just nicked one copy of the lenti edition, numbered #455 for GBP 50 "Buy it Now"

That's almost fair for a price .. yes ?

Strangely, the seller also has one copy of the 1/4 slip edition #192, which is listed at more expensive price than the lenti at GBP 56.

Hope this goes smooth,, though :headphone:

Reactions: severo
Guys,

I just nicked one copy of the lenti edition, numbered #455 for GBP 50 "Buy it Now"

That's almost fair for a price .. yes ?

Strangely, the seller also has one copy of the 1/4 slip edition #192, which is listed at more expensive price than the lenti at GBP 56.

Hope this goes smooth,, though :headphone:

I think some people think more limited means more valuable but thats just not the case with 1/4 slips. Thats kind of the reason they make more Lentis to begin with.

I think some people think more limited means more valuable but thats just not the case with 1/4 slips. Thats kind of the reason they make more Lentis to begin with.

That is not true, most of the grail releases are 1/4 slip; value is established by supply and demand

Most Valuable Steelbooks just to name a few that are on the more sought after list (1/4 Slip);

Captain America Taiwan
Captain America Japan (not even 1/4 slip just a j-card and the front cardboard)
Prometheus Taiwan 1/4
John Carter Taiwan 1/4 slip

That is not true, most of the grail releases are 1/4 slip; value is established by supply and demand

Most Valuable Steelbooks just to name a few that are on the more sought after list (1/4 Slip);

Captain America Taiwan
Captain America Japan (not even 1/4 slip just a j-card and the front cardboard)
Prometheus Taiwan 1/4
John Carter Taiwan 1/4 slip

Apologies, I should have been clearer. I was specifically referring to the Kimchi line which is why I mentioned lentis

Apologies, I should have been clearer. I was specifically referring to the Kimchi line which is why I mentioned lentis

In that case I do agree with you for the Kimchi Exclusives the Lentis are more valuable even though more are pressed (usally 700) but there's some exception for the 1/4 slip Kimchi Exclusives that in my opinion are better than the Lentis, but with your added precisions that you were referring only to Kimchi I do see your point.

Loving tracking down these older Kimchi titles - this one (like Tangled as well) has some stunning colouring - especially compared to a lot of newer titles, even without any emboss/deboss effect makes it a lot more attractive than recent releases of this title :drool:

(Totally missed a trick by not slapping the sticker over Mike's face though...:rofl:)

Loving tracking down these older Kimchi titles - this one (like Tangled as well) has some stunning colouring - especially compared to a lot of newer titles, even without any emboss/deboss effect makes it a lot more attractive than recent releases of this title :drool:

(Totally missed a trick by not slapping the sticker over Mike's face though...:rofl:)

I've recently gone on a hunt for some old kimchidvd's myself (Her and thor specifically). Nice pick up man:thumbs:

Reactions: EvilThing