Monsters, Inc. (Lenticular Edition) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Monsters, Inc. (Pre-orders will be live around 6 PM UK time on Sunday December 4)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5985.JPG

IMG_5986.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice back art, and I prefer it to the clip art pic of Mike.

I'll wait for pics and if i like it I'll consider it and get rid of the first one.
Really don't want to fall into their trap though

So far this is the only one I'm interested in and possibly nemo for a 3D version but I'll wait for pics on both. Even if it sells out like nemo in pre order phase both will still come back in stock around the time pics start to surface.
And no biggie if I miss out or don't like them

At least these are 3D. I know I am going to get a bunch of boos, but bring em on!!! I love 3D.

The first one has 3D

This is just different back art, inside art and a lenti.

I imagine the finsh will be the same as the original (matte) and possible the same bossing

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and blu-steel
The first one has 3D

This is just different back art, inside art and a lenti.

I imagine the finsh will be the same as the original (matte) and possible the same bossing
Crossed my mind that the original was 3D too

People can probably pick the original steelbook up cheaper on ebay than ordering this:confused: but no awesome lenti with the original release... there won't be an awesome lenti with this release either though:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Crossed my mind that the original was 3D too

People can probably pick the original steelbook up cheaper on ebay than ordering this:confused: but no awesome lenti with the original release... there won't be an awesome lenti with this release either though:rofl:

I more interested in that back art over the crappy silver clip art pic of Mike on the old release

I guess up will be soon too

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Don't know how accurate Zavvi's listing for a 23rd December release for this steelbook is not being a Monday and the release date I have is the 5th December .

Anyway, looking forward to the release, as I am to all of the others, and if Christmas is not the best time to release this then seriously I don't know when is :)

Old:-
Monsters-Inc-2D-3D-Blu-ray-Steelbook-_1.jpg

New:-
upload_2016-11-14_18-47-53.png

Far superior back and inside artwork on the new one compared to the original and that is reason enough for me to double dip as well as the better colour match across the front / back cover / spine :thumbs:

The same front artwork is a bit of a disappointment particularly as all the other upcoming lenticular steelbooks have different front artwork to the originals . . . and I'd have gone for something similar but different enough to be still fresh . . . such as this one with better 3D depth potential from the few official poster designs available (the other official poster designs being a bit meh, unfortunately):-
monsters_inc_ver4.jpg

I more interested in that back art over the crappy silver clip art pic of Mike on the old release

I guess up will be soon too

Makes you wonder why they didn't just do it right the first time around:confused: hold on, I know why... they wanted to make more money from us down the line:rofl: I'll stick with the original till this drops in price to £7.99:naughty::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Flloydo
Don't know how accurate Zavvi's listing for a 23rd December release for this steelbook is not being a Monday and the release date I have is the 5th December .

Anyway, looking forward to the release, as I am to all of the others, and if Christmas is not the best time to release this then seriously I don't know when is :)

Old:-
Monsters-Inc-2D-3D-Blu-ray-Steelbook-_1.jpg

New:-
View attachment 276543
Far superior back and inside artwork on the new one compared to the original and that is reason enough for me to double dip as well as the better colour match across the front / back cover / spine :thumbs:

The same front artwork is a bit of a disappointment particularly as all the other upcoming lenticular steelbooks have different front artwork to the originals . . . and I'd have gone for something similar but different enough to be still fresh . . . such as this one with better 3D depth potential from the few official poster designs available (the other official poster designs being a bit meh, unfortunately):-
monsters_inc_ver4.jpg

Christmas is the worst time for collectors. Not sure how you don't see that unless your rolling in it

Any other time is better

But obviously it's the best time for companies and retailers

Certainly not "rolling in it" nowadays and thinking not just the time for giving but also the time for receiving.

Fair dos didn't think about the receiving part. No one in my family would buy me a steel Anyway lol