UK
Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price:
£12.99

Re-Release
Release Date:
July 31st ,2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 1st 2017)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 Units

moon.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 58,085
Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged this deal. I like this art. Seen this art before. Almost got the DE 2-pack wasn't it? Glad I waited. :4)

I'm not sure that keeping the price down will hurt relations with anyone. In fact, anyone who missed out on ordering on Day 1 will be incredibly grateful.

Anyone who is angry that the price has stayed low has a serious issue and may need professional help.

And if you only ordered it because the price was low for 1 day and are now upset, well you can cancel and it won't have cost you a penny.

Whilst there are certainly more important problems, it is still misleading.
3.31 Marketing communications must not falsely claim that the marketer is about to cease trading or move premises. They must not falsely state that a product, or the terms on which it is offered, will be available only for a very limited time to deprive consumers of the time or opportunity to make an informed choice.

http://www.cap.org.uk/Advertising-C...on-3-Misleading-advertising.aspx#.U9kJi-NdVfU

Then again, I wouldn't expect anything less of them. :naughty:

On topic, I'm looking forward to this release, having never seen the film, but I've heard great things about it. I hope it gets the finish it deserves. :)

Reactions: levi and dfoles
I'm not sure that keeping the price down will hurt relations with anyone. In fact, anyone who missed out on ordering on Day 1 will be incredibly grateful.

Anyone who is angry that the price has stayed low has a serious issue and may need professional help.

And if you only ordered it because the price was low for 1 day and are now upset, well you can cancel and it won't have cost you a penny.

I agree except some people might not have ordered at this price because they were planning on holding off for it not to sell out and pick it up at a cheaper price. To tell the customers that something is discounted for a limited time implies the price will jump back up after that time is over. At a discounted price, more people think it's a good deal and they'll preorder, that causes some waiters to think it might sell out and preorder it at a higher price than they wanted because it might artificially sell out when it wouldn't have on it's own.

Whilst there are certainly more important problems, it is still misleading.

http://www.cap.org.uk/Advertising-C...on-3-Misleading-advertising.aspx#.U9kJi-NdVfU

Then again, I wouldn't expect anything less of them. :naughty:

On topic, I'm looking forward to this release, having never seen the film, but I've heard great things about it. I hope it gets the finish it deserves. :)

They aren't "depriving the customer the time or opportunity to make an informed choice" though because it is still a few months until it is released, giving customers plenty of time to decide if they want to purchase it. Of course, if it was in stock and orders were dispatched immediately, then it would be another matter.

What a bizarre viewpoint to hold.. One which is woefully ignorant of your consumer rights, consumer laws and trading standards.

Its a promotion, a form of marketing designed at targeting consumers to entice them to purchase their product. They pitched this one day deal directly to potential customers through an email, and openly on their site. So any customer taking zavvi's word for it might have jumped at the opportunity to buy this product at the 'one day price' with the belief they were getting it for a deal which wouldnt exist after that 24 hour period.

For zavvi to continue the promotion after that day has passed, is actually against trading standards. Its false advertising.

There is no buts about it- its a disgrace. And defending them and these unprofessional business practices is not helping anyone, not us or the sham that zavvi are rapidly becoming.

I agree except some people might not have ordered at this price because they were planning on holding off for it not to sell out and pick it up at a cheaper price. To tell the customers that something is discounted for a limited time implies the price will jump back up after that time is over. At a discounted price, more people think it's a good deal and they'll preorder, that causes some waiters to think it might sell out and preorder it at a higher price than they wanted because it might artificially sell out when it wouldn't have on it's own.

My views on this are highlighted by what Snooloui just said:

They aren't "depriving the customer the time or opportunity to make an informed choice" though because it is still a few months until it is released, giving customers plenty of time to decide if they want to purchase it. Of course, if it was in stock and orders were dispatched immediately, then it would be another matter.

People have until October 8th or 9th to decide if we really want this at £12.99 or not, before the money will be withdrawn from your account.

If they took the money at the time of ordering, it would be an entirely different matter.

I am by no means Zavvi's biggest fan, but I think getting on at them for keeping the price reduced for longer than originally stated is just madness.

Reactions: jonnie123
What a bizarre viewpoint to hold.. One which is woefully ignorant of your consumer rights, consumer laws and trading standards.

Its a promotion, a form of marketing designed at targeting consumers to entice them to purchase their product. They pitched this one day deal directly to potential customers through an email. So any customer taking zavvi's word for it might have jumped at the opportunity to buy this product at the 'one day price' with the belief they were getting it for a deal which wouldnt exist after that 24 hour period.

For zavvi to continue the promotion after that day has passed, is actually against trading standards. Its false advertising.

There is no buts about it- its a disgrace. And defending them and these unprofessional business practices is not helping anyone, not us or the sham that zavvi are rapidly becoming.

But nobody here, or anywhere else, has actually bought this product yet, at a reduced or any other price... you have only committed to buy at that price (or lower if it drops before release date). No money has exchanged hands and you are free to break that commitment at anytime between now and release date with no penalty whatsoever.

I know what you mean, but they are still prompting you to order sooner than you might do otherwise. Once you have placed the order you are more likely to go ahead and purchase the item. You might, for example, have forgotten you ordered it until the money leaves your account. The 'One Day Only' claim was a blatant lie, though they could claim they've 'extended' the offer. Above all, it gives a poor impression of the company.

Reactions: dfoles

Its a promotion, a form of marketing designed at targeting consumers to entice them to purchase their product. They pitched this one day deal directly to potential customers through an email. So any customer taking zavvi's word for it might have jumped at the opportunity to buy this product at the 'one day price' with the belief they were getting it for a deal which wouldnt exist after that 24 hour period.

Is it ignorance or just a bit of common sense?

I put my order in yesterday, I like this movie, the artwork could have been different, Moon has good movie posters to choose from. Do we know for sure if this is the final artwork?

I wouldn't go as far to say Im angry or annoyed that this '24 hour only' offer is still going but as others have said its bad practice to state something and then not follow through with it, but then its not the first time Zavvi have given us the old 'hurry its almost sold out/limited time offer' baloney this is why for anything that isnt exclusive to Zavvi regardless of price, my money goes elsewhere. Zavvi have cried wolf far too many times for my liking.

Reactions: levi and tokaman

Oh dear...talk about missing the point hook line and sinker...it was the blatant mis-selling i.e. utilising lies as part of their sales strategy that I took issue with. It's a an amateur tin pot market trick hardly befitting of a supposedly multi-national retail company.

Its a promotion, a form of marketing designed at targeting consumers to entice them to purchase their product. They pitched this one day deal directly to potential customers through an email, and openly on their site. So any customer taking zavvi's word for it might have jumped at the opportunity to buy this product at the 'one day price' with the belief they were getting it for a deal which wouldnt exist after that 24 hour period.

Great post eloquently put.

Imo, it's the non-thinking, zavvi fan boy viewpoint where the idea of having principles doesn't even enter the equation I'm afraid. Doesn't surprise me though, the world is full of weak consumers.

Last edited:
Reactions: levi