UK
Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price:
£12.99

Re-Release
Release Date:
July 31st ,2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 1st 2017)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 Units

moon.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 58,085
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see what the artwork on the back and interior ends up being

I canceled this. It's still £12.99… and I was under the impression that was some kind of one day offer. I don't think I'll regret cancelling it.
I've got a couple steelbooks on preorder and trying to keep it to no more than 5 a time, and I currently have it at 6, and I pre-ordered the X-Men and Godzilla steel books, so that's 8… which is pretty high I think? How many do you guys usually have on pre-order a time?

I canceled this. It's still £12.99… and I was under the impression that was some kind of one day offer. I don't think I'll regret cancelling it.
I've got a couple steelbooks on preorder and trying to keep it to no more than 5 a time, and I currently have it at 6, and I pre-ordered the X-Men and Godzilla steel books, so that's 8… which is pretty high I think? How many do you guys usually have on pre-order a time?
With GotG and Punisher today, I'm up to 18 pre orders (the 4 HMV ones already paid for, though). It's slightly more than usual but there's been a lot of great films this year and a few good catalogue releases.

I have 9 on pre-order at present, I am not sure about the artwork on some of them yet, so may cancel a few, it all depends on what you like and your budget I guess. I'm still waiting to see what the rest of the Moon artwork and finish is going to be

Why cancel if it goes up in price at some stage then you will have missed out on the cheaper price
The fact that its still £12.99 at the moment is a bonus for customers

Its always best to keep an Pre-order at the cheapest price you placed if near release date you want to change your mind then cancel
If you cancel and price goes up you loose out or if it sells out you loose out
It always best to wait before you cancel

In regards how many steelbooks
I have on Pre-order 34 different steelbooks at this moment in time
If I decide to cancel any I will only do that if I really have to and usually only a week or 2 before release date and by keeping watch for any release date changes by regularly checking a few times every week

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Cannot wait for this. One of my favorite movies. As for the preorder, why not just get ahold of a copy now at this price and cancel later if your budget doesn't allow or if you don't like the back/interior artwork?

Great post eloquently put.

Imo, it's the non-thinking, zavvi fan boy viewpoint where the idea of having principles doesn't even enter the equation I'm afraid. Doesn't surprise me though, the world is full of weak consumers.

I am obviously one of the people this is aimed at and whilst I am in no way looking for an argument, I just simply don't really care if a company don't put their prices up. It seems like complaining for complaining sake. And, well, meh.

As far as Zavvi fan boy... you only have to ask most people round here, I dislike Zavvi immensely. I cancelled every single pre-order when they pushed to A1 mailers and was hardly their biggest advocate before that.

well lets get it back on track now. ;)

I wanted to like this movie ... but didnt. For those that DID .... WHY!? I dont hate the movie, so enlighten me...

I wanted to like this movie ... but didnt. For those that DID .... WHY!? I dont hate the movie, so enlighten me...

I liked it for lots of reasons. Firstly, I love 2001, and Moon is almost a homage to it. It is superbly well designed film, with a tremendous score
and a compelling atmosphere of isolation. I am a fan of existential literature, and Moon is essentially dealing with the themes that surround that subject. Add to that Kevin Spacey's cameo as Gerty, and you have yourself a bona fide cult classic, with Duncan Jones proving once again that he is a really smart director with a great future. I'm a big fan and can't wait to watch it again.

Lol, Sam Rockwell mainly. Plus his dance off lol. Nah I just enjoyed the story, loved the acting plus spaceys voice is quality. Also a small cameo from Matt berry (a UK comedian) and benedict Wong. Also the sets on the moon reminded me of the mighty boosh in a strange way (a random UK comedy which coincidently Matt berry stared in). Really hoping this turns out nice and they do some lovely spot gloss with a NON streaky black matte

I like the story, and Rockwell's acting really carries the film. The lunar base set design adds the the sense of realism and isolation too.

One thing I'm surprised no one's mentioned are the practical effects. I thought Jones made a wise choice given the budget, and the payoff was tremendous. The model work for the vehicles and the lunar surface was fantastic, and the digital fx were largely limited to displays & such. The film's look would have suffered, I think, if they'd gone a different route.

Reactions: vurt
I like the story, and Rockwell's acting really carries the film. The lunar base set design adds the the sense of realism and isolation too.

One thing I'm surprised no one's mentioned are the practical effects. I thought Jones made a wise choice given the budget, and the payoff was tremendous. The model work for the vehicles and the lunar surface was fantastic, and the digital fx were largely limited to displays & such. The film's look would have suffered, I think, if they'd gone a different route.

I sort of did, saying it was a superbly well designed film. I obviously agree though.

It's Zavvi, should we honestly expect anything else?
True, I didn't expect it to actually be only one day - but at the same time I didn't expect it to be much longer than a week.
I'm half tempted to cancel my pre-order just because they lied about it... but I'll wait until I've actually seen the film first before I decide if I keep it or not I think.

True, I didn't expect it to actually be only one day - but at the same time I didn't expect it to be much longer than a week.
I'm half tempted to cancel my pre-order just because they lied about it... but I'll wait until I've actually seen the film first before I decide if I keep it or not I think.
I thought 48 hours for international customers but as you said a week later?!?!?

It's a good thing we all jumped on that Day 1 price, as this has now soared back up to the high price of £12.99.

I may cancel my preorder and wait for an actual price drop, seeing as this hasn't sold out yet (even with the extended day 1 pricing)