Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mortal Engines

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Christian Rivers

Cast: Robert Sheehan, Hera Hilmar, Ronan Raftery, Stephen Lang, Leila George, Jihae, Hugo Weaving, Colin Salmon, Sophie Cox, Caren Pistorius, Aaron Jackson, Mark Hadlow, Menik Gooneratne, Joel Tobeck, Stephen Ure, Kee Chan, Patrick Malahide, Regé-Jean Page, Frankie Adams, Mark Mitchinson

Release: 2018-12-12

Plot: Set in a world many thousands of years in the future. Earth’s cities now roam the globe on huge wheels, devouring each other in a struggle for ever diminishing resources. On one of these massive Traction Cities, Tom Natsworthy has an unexpected encounter with a mysterious young woman from the Outlands who will change the course of his life forever.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
I almost didn't bother checking this out, as I thought it was a sequel to Mortal Instruments or something. Looks pretty cool anyway, and it's Peter Jackson, so of course I'll be giving it a watch! :D

PJ just was a co-writer and producer.

yeah i noticed that too the way they had slapped his name in the credits you thought he was the director, they never put up the other 2 screenplay writers up. you would think is a clever marketing ploy :hilarious:
you think he charged extra for it :cigar:

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Wtf

Interested to see a bigger trailer

Who’s the girl? I recognise those eyes!
Possibly the hot girl from the new pirates?!?

New Poster and Trailer

mortal-eng1.jpg

Anyone else feel like this is going to bomb at the Box Office?

So many other BIG movies are going to eat this alive.

Well, its out at the same time as the likes of Aquaman and Bumblebee, so there just won't be any competition.
Agree, this would only draw interest from a niche audience with interest in sci-fi/fantasy/steampunk ..... ie. me :D

Anyone else feel like this is going to bomb at the Box Office?

So many other BIG movies are going to eat this alive.

I think they're all going to suffer from all those films being released within a week of each other. I agree that this will suffer the most though because it isn't an established franchise. I think Warner Bros have moved Aquaman up by 2 days(in the UK) to try and give it a better chance.

Well, its out at the same time as the likes of Aquaman and Bumblebee, so there just won't be any competition.
Agree, this would only draw interest from a niche audience with interest in sci-fi/fantasy/steampunk ..... ie. me :D
I think they're all going to suffer from all those films being released within a week of each other. I agree that this will suffer the most though because it isn't an established franchise. I think Warner Bros have moved Aquaman up by 2 days(in the UK) to try and give it a better chance.

They should have moved back a week to Dec 7th. Give it a little breathing room and it would have been the only "big" release that weekend.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not rooting for this to do bad. I love original films and hope they do well. I just think this is going to be DOA sadly.

They should have moved back a week to Dec 7th. Give it a little breathing room and it would have been the only "big" release that weekend.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not rooting for this to do bad. I love original films and hope they do well. I just think this is going to be DOA sadly.
Aquaman, Bumblebee, Spider-Man and Mary Poppins will take way much more $$$ than this IMO... too bad...

My guess (on a $100M budget:
Opening: $15M
Domestic: $40-50M
Worldwide: $100-125M

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database