Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: December 2015

00.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I hope they just delay them for next year.

It's BluFans: trust me, no need to ask them for delays, they never forget to add some :). If one out of the five steelbooks recently announced is released this year, it will be a victory for BluFans.

Besides, I bet Moulin Rouge will get cancelled and replaced by, say, Iron Man 2. Because they're predictible, and part of the reason why is because some of their fanbase is pretty predictible too — I'm not saying Moulin Rouge is my most-wanted steelbook ever, I'm just saying there's theorically room for any type of films at BluFans, not only superheroes, CGI-heavy blockbusters and Disney/Pixar animated films.

So even if I'm only interested in The Lego Movie and Gone Girl out of the recently announced crop, I'm glad they're surprising us a little bit for once.

I'm sure there are some people that are pumped for this.....but, really? There are much better choices out there. Seems to me, that this movie is out of the wheelhouse of most steelbook fans. Maybe I'm wrong.

For me, it's the film itself which determines whether or not I want to add it to my collection. Having the film in the Steelbook format is just an added bonus.

Members here come from all walks of life and have widely disparate tastes. Although lovers of the Marvel franchises, for example, tend to be among the most avid and vociferous posters on this forum, not everyone feels the same way.

I'm not overfond of "Moulin Rouge", it's too glitzy for my tastes, but I welcome the fact that it's getting a Blufans makeover. It means that there is hope that some of my own favourite movies may one day get the special treatment.

As @Bunk has so aptly put it.

I'm not saying Moulin Rouge is my most-wanted steelbook ever, I'm just saying there's theoretically room for any type of films at BluFans, not only superheroes, CGI-heavy blockbusters and Disney/Pixar animated films .......... I'm glad they're surprising us a little bit for once.

I couldn't put it any better myself.

For me, it's the film itself which determines whether or not I want to add it to my collection. Having the film in the Steelbook format is just an added bonus.

Members here come from all walks of life and have widely disparate tastes. Although lovers of the Marvel franchises, for example, tend to be among the most avid and vociferous posters on this forum, not everyone feels the same way.

I'm not overfond of "Moulin Rouge", it's too glitzy for my tastes, but I welcome the fact that it's getting a Blufans makeover. It means that there is hope that some of my own favourite movies may one day get the special treatment.

I have to agree with the above. Whenever I see a bizzare (in my eyes) release- let's say, the steelbook of RISING SUN- my first reaction is "What? Why?". But then I think- there are some people out there who are going to be jumping for joy, going "YES! I can't believe it!"
And you know what? I'm gonna be happy for them. Why? Because it means that maybe one of the films that I love that I don't think have a chance at a special release maybe will.
I need to put the good karma out there. I am happy for those fans! Now can the karma come around and get me a sweet release of THE ABYSS??:LOL:
(And for the record, I don't dislike THE RED MILL...just not my cup o' noodles):p:D

Reactions: harry and augustus

as I said...Maybe I'm wrong. Different strokes, for different folks! I'm guessing I have a few movies I would love to see in steelbook, that others would scoff at. Just keep making more steels to keep us all happy!

i think it's great that they want to give us a broad range of titles...just worry if this & Romeo don't sell well then all we will get in the future will be animation & superheros. I think they should have gone for some titles with more appeal. Hope im wrong...but just don't see these selling well. I will give both a pass.

i think it's great that they want to give us a broad range of titles...just worry if this & Romeo don't sell well then all we will get in the future will be animation & superheros. I think they should have gone for some titles with more appeal. Hope im wrong...but just don't see these selling well. I will give both a pass.
Your statement is paradoxical and it's probably the reason that the Blufans lineup is what it is, so far. Blufans HAS been releasing titles with "more appeal"--in fact, they've been releasing the titles with the MOST appeal. Pixar and Marvel: you don't get much more appeal than that. I'm trying so hard to not think pessimistically, but I'm fully expecting Blufans to cancel all 3 drama movies. Blufans has a wheelhouse and that's great. Stick with it and leave the titles with "less appeal" to Plain Archive and Filmarena--that's their wheelhouse.