Movie That Got Better The Second Time Around

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Movie(s) that you probably don't like but got better the second time around.

redo-5.png

Last edited:
Just didn't know that it was based on a comic book and after I read a few John Carter comics online and then rewatch the film with that in mind. I understood it more.

actually it's not. it's based on a book.

from IMDB 'The book was written in Utah and much of the film was shot in Utah, almost 100 years apart.'

from Wiki John Carter is a 2012 American science fiction-fantasy film directed by Andrew Stanton from a screenplay written by Stanton, Mark Andrews, and Michael Chabon. The film was produced by Jim Morris, Colin Wilson, and Lindsey Collins, and is based on A Princess of Mars, the first book in the Barsoom series of novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

...so I would not say it's based on a comic book.

The Wicker Man (1973)
I guess cause it's so odd and hard to classify. It's mystery horror musical sci-fi fantasy film.
Now can't get Willow's Song and May Pole out of my head.

Last edited:
The Wicker Man (1973)
I guess cause it's so odd and hard to classify. It's mystery horror musical sci-fi fantasy film.

Its been a while since I've seen it but it's not a musical or sci-fi or fantasy unless Gene Kelly or Mark Hamill makes a appearance in it I'm not aware off. A seriously flawed film but not bad.

Ratatouille and Up. I pretty much hated them when I watched them in the cinema,but after giving both of them another chance I realised what a gorgeous story both of them are. Probably wasn't in the right mood watching them for the first time

Blade Runner.

I'd watched the directors cut years previous & HATED it.

But it was a movie I'd always heard was amazing, so a couple of years later I actually bought the 30th Anniversary release & watched The Final Cut. Its now in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Blade Runner.

I'd watched the directors cut years previous & HATED it.

But it was a movie I'd always heard was amazing, so a couple of years later I actually bought the 30th Anniversary release & watched The Final Cut. Its now in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

Bladerunner was film where your perception of it can drastically change your opinion depending on what cut you saw.
Some of the cuts are just horrendous.... that was my initial experience, too.

For me, I'd actually have to say- The Hateful Eight.
It was a film that felt needless excessive, self-indulgent, and without a point. I didn't like it too much on the first go around- but after the second time watching it- it sinks in that the point of the movie was to not have a point- and the self-indulgences of Quentin Tarantino is the strongest aspect of the film.

The Sixth Sense.
Because once you know the ending, you can rewatch and see that the hints were always there in plain view.
AND, you realize that despite the twist, it was not a stunt. The movie is beautifully crafted from beginning to end.

Planet of the Apes 1968. A lot of things don't make sense when you first watch it but once you see the ending, clarity becomes apparent and I enjoy the film even more each time I watch it. Never seems to date and the dark humour is a joy.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
I just rewatched Prometheus two days ago and it's WAY better than I remember it being originally. Now I'm sad I sold my bluray copy with slip ages ago. I'll have to buy it again now that I REALLY love it.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
There will be blood. First watch thought it was boring and couldn't even finish it, revisited the film couple years later and man I love it now. Like what was I thinking it's a masterpiece