Movies everyone seems to love, and you hate!

Jan 30, 2009
England
Ok simple list your movie that you love but everyone hates and the films you hate but everyone else loves

Love-Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the crystal skull

hate-lord of the rings

The only thing I can say good about those films is Gary Oldman as Gordan, he was perfect but everything else... EVERYTHING, I hate.

Batman was my favorite comic book character since I was 2 or 3 years old and these films, to me anyways... are nothing like the comics, Christian Bales lisp bothers me... he can't act at all, he has this emotionless face that just bothers me, haha
I didn't care for Heath Ledger either... he was the exact opposite of what the real Joker is supposed to be like... why was he always walking around like he was hunch back?... why was he always licking his lips?... he didn't act crazy or funny at all. :rolleyes: and Michael Caine... he acts the same in every movie.

the overall camera work and brown hue(mostly in the first film) bother me as well... and the Tumbler, what was up with that?... overall this version of Batman felt more like an Anime cartoon and I hate that.

Last edited:
The only thing I can say good about those films is Gary Oldman as Gordan, he was perfect but everything else... EVERYTHING, I hate.

Batman was my favorite comic book character since I was 2 or 3 years old and these films, to me anyways... are nothing like the comics, Christian Bales lisp bothers me... he can't act at all, he has this emotionless face that just bothers me, haha
I didn't care for Heath Ledger either... he was the exact opposite of what the real Joker is supposed to be like... why was he always walking around like he was hunch back?... why was he always licking his lips?... he didn't act crazy or funny at all. :rolleyes: and Michael Caine... he acts the same in every movie.

the overall camera work and brown hue(mostly in the first film) bother me as well... and the Tumbler, what was up with that?... overall this version of Batman felt more like an Anime cartoon and I hate that.

Well if it makes you feel better I hereby authorize you to obtain all known media copies of the crapfest known as Batman and Robin and Batman Forever...talk about feeling like a cartoon...and while I loved it as a child please feel free to also pick up all known copies of the loveable campy Adam West version...I'll keep the two newer ones and the Tim Burton ones.

I actually prefer the two Tim Burton Batman over BB and TDK :) I hope a digibook of Batman Returns is released and I'll be all over it!

I want that so... so bad, haha

and the Adam West Batman is awesome, hahaha... I'd watch that over the new Batman any day, haha. :p

best post i have seen here so far

I didn't love Dark Knight as much as everyone else, but Heath was outstanding in it. Maggie Gyllenhall sucked ass and was part of the reason I didn't like it as much!

Yeah, never thought I would think Katie Holmes was a better actress in anything but jeeeeez .... woulda much rather had her again.

best post i have seen here so far

I do know that what Jon D said about the characters are true ... but I also know that I dont think Heath was picking up a comic book and trying to be that Joker much like Jack did back in the day ....

Instead, he reinvented the character ... I think it was one of those things that it could either fail miserably or be totally awesome ... in this case, I felt he was totally awesome because he was just so eery and I appreciated the dark humor as well.

I do know that what Jon D said about the characters are true ... but I also know that I dont think Heath was picking up a comic book and trying to be that Joker much like Jack did back in the day ....

Instead, he reinvented the character ... I think it was one of those things that it could either fail miserably or be totally awesome ... in this case, I felt he was totally awesome because he was just so eery and I appreciated the dark humor as well.

I do agree I often times will get in the mood to watch TDK but then about halfway into the movie I start losing interest.

That said, I still think that Heath's interpretation of The Joker was a fresh approach and it is either a like or dislike thing. I liked it since I didn't want to see a Jack Nicholson attempt at The Joker. I also disliked it because there were moments where I could see Heath lose character by chomping on his cheek. This is noted when the joker first approaches the gangs and says he's not crazy, "I'm NoT." and you see him chomp his cheek or tongue. This is the same type of gesture he does in A Knight's Tale, and I'm sure other movies... It killed The Joker for me because it was out of character.

A minute detail I know, but things like that kill me when it comes to actors I like

In my opinion... no one can top Mark Hamills Joker *shrugs*... he really puts a smile on my face every time, haha... which by the way I would KILL to have Mask of the Phantasm on Blu!

EDIT: and the same for Kevin Conroy, he still sounds better then ever.

Last edited:
Chime in ninjas!

Attachments

• popcorn1.jpg
    popcorn1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 187
The Matrix

okay, i kid, i kid :p

Hm, Trainspotting may be?
It was okay for one time watch, but I didnt love it as much as i see some others do around here

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
10 movies everyone raves about and I just don't get the love.

1/ Pretty Woman
2/ Sister Act
3/ Some Like it Hot
4/ Top Gun
5/ The English Patient.
6/ Forest Gump
7/ The Truman Show
8/ Mrs Doubtfire
9/ Tootsie.
10. The Shawshank Redemption

Hate all of them with a vengeance. You could not pay me to sit through 30 seconds of any of them.