Movies everyone seems to love, and you hate!

Jan 30, 2009
England
Ok simple list your movie that you love but everyone hates and the films you hate but everyone else loves

Love-Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the crystal skull

hate-lord of the rings

Pretty much anything with Ben Stiller! I enjoyed Meet the Parents 1 and 2 but outside that I detest anything he's in and I will NEVER forgive Stiller for Starsky and Hutch, he raped my childhood with that abomination!

ANYTHING featuring Adam Sandler! Hes not funy and anyone that finds him so I judge as less intelligent than me.
The Godfather films, boring as f**k
Pretty much anything directed by martin scorsese! hate his style and outside Tarantino/Woo I pretty much hate most gangster films. I'm with @tridon on that.
Anything starring Jim Carrey except the Number 23 and Kick Ass 2. Ace Venturea? funny as cancer!
Anything featuring Noomi Rapace, I can never forgive her for destroying Lisabeth Salander and getting it so wrong.

Any future Larson film that doesn't have Mara as Lisabeth! only SHE can play her!

retty much anything with Ben Stiller! I enjoyed Meet the Parents 1 and 2 but outside that I detest anything he's in and I will NEVER forgive Stiller for Starsky and Hutch, he raped my childhood with that abomination!

Agree 100%. I've never forgiven him for messing up Starsky and Hutch either.....

Reactions: psychoscot
10 movies everyone raves about and I just don't get the love.

1/ Pretty Woman
2/ Sister Act
3/ Some Like it Hot
4/ Top Gun
5/ The English Patient.
6/ Forest Gump
7/ The Truman Show
8/ Mrs Doubtfire
9/ Tootsie.
10. The Shawshank Redemption

Hate all of them with a vengeance. You could not pay me to sit through 30 seconds of any of them.
Seriously, Shawshank?

Pretty much anything with Ben Stiller! I enjoyed Meet the Parents 1 and 2 but outside that I detest anything he's in and I will NEVER forgive Stiller for Starsky and Hutch, he raped my childhood with that abomination!

ANYTHING featuring Adam Sandler! Hes not funy and anyone that finds him so I judge as less intelligent than me.
The Godfather films, boring as f**k
Pretty much anything directed by martin scorsese! hate his style and outside Tarantino/Woo I pretty much hate most gangster films. I'm with @tridon on that.
Anything starring Jim Carrey except the Number 23 and Kick Ass 2. Ace Venturea? funny as cancer!
Anything featuring Noomi Rapace, I can never forgive her for destroying Lisabeth Salander and getting it so wrong.

Any future Larson film that doesn't have Mara as Lisabeth! only SHE can play her!
Interesting, why do you feel Noomi "destroyed" Lisabeth?

I'm sure I can think of some others later .......

but for now , recent movies .......

The Neon Demon and The Lobster. Same with Only God Forgives.

Will forever always check out what Nicolas Winding Refn is doing thanks to DRIVE, but man o' man I havent been feeling his other offerings.

The Lobster , not crazy about it at all. Love Colin Farrell tho, and somewhat neat concept but just wasnt feeling it.

Also I do adore Grand Budapest Hotel but all other Wes Anderson films I fail to find the charm. Some of the much older ones tho I need to give them another go since its been so long since seeing them and I was MUCH younger. ie. Bottle Rocket

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I'm sure I can think of some others later .......

but for now , recent movies .......

The Neon Demon and The Lobster. Same with Only God Forgives.

Will forever always check out what Nicolas Winding Refn is doing thanks to DRIVE, but man o' man I havent been feeling his other offerings.

The Lobster , not crazy about it at all. Love Colin Farrell tho, and somewhat neat concept but just wasnt feeling it.

Also I do adore Grand Budapest Hotel but all other Wes Anderson films I fail to find the charm. Some of the much older ones tho I need to give them another go since its been so long since seeing them and I was MUCH younger. ie. Bottle Rocket

I 100% hear you regarding The Lobster and the last few NWR films. I've come to the decision that he's a great director, but an awful writer. He didn't write Drive, but he wrote both OGF and The Neon Demon.

With Wes Anderson, we seem to be the opposite. I didn't care for Grand Budapest Hotel (though it was soooo much better than The Darjeeling Limited), but I do enjoy most of his other offerings (particularly The Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Fantastic Mr. Fox). His next film, Isle of Dogs, sounds great so far!

Pretty sure there's a similar thread to this somewhere on here, but anyway... the main one for me is probably The Godfather. :yawn:

Blade runner ..... tried again last week but just can't stand it .... and the sound track drove me nuts omg

American Psycho, watch it every few years to try and work out what I'm missing but I've come to the conclusion I'm not missing anything it's just $hit :hilarious:

Pretty sure there's a similar thread to this somewhere on here, but anyway... the main one for me is probably The Godfather. :yawn:

It's pretty close to the 'Movies You Haven't Seen That Make Others Say WHAT!?!' thread... only difference being that this thread is for movies actually seen.

Interesting, why do you feel Noomi "destroyed" Lisabeth?

I found her approach to the character very one dimensional and brattish, She wasn't remotely likeable, and it seemed to me anyway that Noomi didn't understand how to play her. I guess as a huge fan of the books, I had built up an image in my imagination of the character and she was completely off mark from what I wanted. Lisabeth is one of my all time favourite characters and she wasn't the version I wanted. Mara on the other hand was almost 95% the image in my head.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Always hated this film. Easily the worst of the 4 films. Just nasty without being fun. For me it fails to do the balancing act the 1st one does between violence and adventure. Yet it appears to as loved as the 1st and 3rd one. Just don't get it's love.......

Reactions: C.C. 95