Movies everyone seems to love, and you hate!

Jan 30, 2009
England
Ok simple list your movie that you love but everyone hates and the films you hate but everyone else loves

Love-Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the crystal skull

hate-lord of the rings

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Always hated this film. Easily the worst of the 4 films. Just nasty without being fun. For me it fails to do the balancing act the 1st one does between violence and adventure. Yet it appears to as loved as the 1st and 3rd one. Just don't get it's love.......
Totally agree.
When I was a kid, I was very aware that Indy was not behaving like Indy. Like "why is Indy a dick?"
And the double whammy of bad decisions: Shackle a stupid Blonde and a dumb kid to him.
And, as you mentioned - it isn't FUN. It is really dark, and just plain mean.
(Spielberg admits he was channeling his anger about his divorce).

Jurassic Park.
Middle of the road Spielberg.
It is just efx set pieces with barely a story to link them together.
The score seems like it belongs in a Disney movie not a dinosaur movie, and the ending is anti-climactic.
I saw it opening day, and was completely underwhelmed. It is NOT the Spielberg of Raiders, Jaws, & Close Encounters. It is lesser Spielberg, like Hook and The BFG.

Jurassic Park.
Middle of the road Spielberg.
It is just efx set pieces with barely a story to link them together.
The score seems like it belongs in a Disney movie not a dinosaur movie, and the ending is anti-climactic.
I saw it opening day, and was completely underwhelmed. It is NOT the Spielberg of Raiders, Jaws, & Close Encounters. It is lesser Spielberg, like Hook and The BFG.
I couldnt finish The BFG. I tried but i gave up after like an hour or so (if you were referring to the 2016 film)

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Avatar. Sorry but I REALLY hate this film, and to me after everything fantastic Cameron has done this is just junk! Visually its brilliant I can't argue that and Cameron deserves respect for really advancing 3D technology, but apart from that it BORED ME TO TEARS. Its a just a bad remake of Ferngully with 3D

Avatar. Sorry but I REALLY hate this film, and to me after everything fantastic Cameron has done this is just junk! Visually its brilliant I can't argue that and Cameron deserves respect for really advancing 3D technology, but apart from that it BORED ME TO TEARS. Its a just a bad remake of Ferngully with 3D
Agreed! Such a shame to see him wasting his time/talent on even more of them too. :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Pretty much anything with Ben Stiller! I enjoyed Meet the Parents 1 and 2 but outside that I detest anything he's in and I will NEVER forgive Stiller for Starsky and Hutch, he raped my childhood with that abomination!

ANYTHING featuring Adam Sandler! Hes not funy and anyone that finds him so I judge as less intelligent than me.
The Godfather films, boring as f**k
Pretty much anything directed by martin scorsese! hate his style and outside Tarantino/Woo I pretty much hate most gangster films. I'm with @tridon on that.
Anything starring Jim Carrey except the Number 23 and Kick Ass 2. Ace Venturea? funny as cancer!
Anything featuring Noomi Rapace, I can never forgive her for destroying Lisabeth Salander and getting it so wrong.

Any future Larson film that doesn't have Mara as Lisabeth! only SHE can play her!
Wow!

I can still enjoy some of Sandler's earlier work like The Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, Mr. Deeds and more serious work like Click and Reign over me. To think people are less intelligent is kinda harsh ;-)

I remember my last professional IQ assessement gave me a score of 134 ;-). Such movies i can enjoy from time to time due to the fact that i don't have to think, but just relax and laugh. To each their own right? :thumbs:

Movies and series everyone loves, but i hate.... simple
- Almost every Marvel movie except, Iron Man 1, Guardians of the Galaxy and CA: Civil War.
- House of Cards, i can't stand Kevin Spacey in this series. That cocky, self righteous smudge on his face annoys me as f*^&%$#%.

Wow!

I can still enjoy some of Sandler's earlier work like The Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, Mr. Deeds and more serious work like Click and Reign over me. To think people are less intelligent is kinda harsh ;-)

I remember my last professional IQ assessement gave me a score of 134 ;-). Such movies i can enjoy from time to time due to the fact that i don't have to think, but just relax and laugh. To each their own right? :thumbs:

Movies and series everyone loves, but i hate.... simple
- Almost every Marvel movie except, Iron Man 1, Guardians of the Galaxy and CA: Civil War.
- House of Cards, i can't stand Kevin Spacey in this series. That cocky, self righteous smudge on his face annoys me as f*^&%$#%.

I hate a detest Sandler with a passion as he is such a smug, self-righteous sh*t. That said, I have a soft spot for the Wedding Singer (Drew Barrymore), and Big Daddy (the little kid steals it).

In unison with you I cannot stand the US version of House of Cards! There is only one Francis, and that's Urquhart (pronounced "Irk-at" for the uninformed), from the far superior (and to the point) Uk series, played by the late, and copiously talented Ian Richardson.

Current film that is a pet hate is Passengers - so vacuous you could sleep through half of it and still not miss anything - here comes the hate for me. . . lol

Not getting into P*ssing contest over IQ, I'll merely say +9 :)

p.s. I think Psycho was having a bad day :)

John Wick: Chapter 2

Okay... with John Wick: Chapter 2- it just- it didn't work.
The first John Wick was so successful because it broke down character motivation to the simplest and basest form: emotional-driven vengeance.
John Wick wasn't necessarily a character, he was a force of nature, and it was that shallowness that allowed the film to progress with such a break-neck pace because the actions and motivations of every character was clearly defined. The clairvoyance of the narrative allowed for a smooth- naturally paced story to be told in a tight, cohesive manner.

In my opinion, John Wick Chapter 2 broke the one thing that made the first film so successful- and that was the pacing. Chapter 2 takes 48 minutes for the plot to really- get started, and with how reluctant Wick is to involve himself in the plot, it makes the scenes that follow not only incredibly contrived, but it also makes me feel as an audience that I don't really want to be there- since Wick as a character doesn't really have any personal investment in the matter. John Wick 2 still has some great sequences, but with how messy the plot is, and how poorly paced the film is, I really can't say that I "enjoyed" the movie. Which was a shame- John Wick Chapter 2 was one of my most anticipated films of 2017.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Alright- this movie broke me. I was really excited for the film- mainly because Star Wars- and with how much faith I'm placing in Kathleen Kennedy to assemble the new teams creating the Star Wars movies, I had high hopes going in to Rogue One. So saying how disheartened I was after seeing Rogue One- it isn't just something that depressed me as a Star Wars Fan- but it's something that bothered me as a movie-goer.

Rogue One, encapsulates the problems I have with modern blockbusters- it reiterates the issues that I had with the Star Wars Prequel films, AND it is staunchly defended (for what I assume) are mere nostalgic purposes.
I can't stand this movie. I feel that Rogue One is mediocrity personified. The acting is horrendous. The characters are bland. The story is driven by circumstance and not by character. The film's fan-service distracts from the dramatic story-telling. The logical gaps in the film are so large that you don't need a targeting computer to locate them. Every positive aspect of the film is derived not from this film- but from other movies.

"Oh look, Darth Vader! I remember him from the good movies!"
"Oh look! The Tantive IV! I remember that from the good movie!"
"Oh look! X-Wings! I remember those from good movies!"

Everything about Rogue One is layered in so much nostalgia in order to mask the shallow nothingness that inhabits the 2 hour and 13 minutes of this film.
This film is a stark reminder of everything that was wrong with Gareth Edwards directing of the godawful 2014 Godzilla film. Neither of his films have a "human element"- nothing about any of the characters in his film present the audience with any sort of emotion, and because of that strong disconnect- it's hard to be invested or even entertained by his characters. It's particularly insulting when handling a Star Wars film because Star Wars (ideally) is built around characters- and the charisma and stories that these characters create, and that element is wholly absent in everything about Rogue One.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lollard2002
Get out
Marketing is so powerfull. ....
Are critcs serious about this movie ?
And the revenant
After all he does di caprio got an oscar for this. Ununderstandable
Nevers seen a director filming at himself like this.what happens to this movie could be called "the rescue "