Movies You Haven't Seen That Make Others Say WHAT!?!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
So what are some movies that you haven't seen yet for any old particular reasons that just astonishes others that you havent seen them yet?

I think we ALL have some movies that are known as popular or cult etc that people just can't believe we haven't seen them yet.

So what are yours? And why?

I still haven't seen

A Clockwork Orange (own it)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (own it)
The Abyss (have almost bought a dvd a couple times just to watch it.) Is it on any streaming service?
They Live (own it)

Besides the original, I have to admit I have only seen the remake. I was supposed to order the 2nd film with Dennis Hopper ages ago, but I've forgotten the whole thing. I really need to see it, so I'll go right ahead to order it now.
I'm tempted to pick up the second one too... even if it's just for Hopper! What did you think to the remake by the way? I'm considering checking that one out now as well.

So what are some movies that you haven't seen yet for any old particular reasons that just astonishes others that you havent seen them yet?

I think we ALL have some movies that are known as popular or cult etc that people just can't believe we haven't seen them yet.

So what are yours? And why?

I still haven't seen

A Clockwork Orange (own it)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (own it)
The Abyss (have almost bought a dvd a couple times just to watch it.) Is it on any streaming service?
They Live (own it)

I've been waiting for years to see both The Abyss and True Lies on blu-ray. It's been ages since I saw these, probably when I collected dvds. I love these films, but I always presumed to pick these on blu-ray later on so I sold my dvd's, so it's been a while. Really recommend The Abyss. Atleast I haven't seen these on any streaming services in here.

They Live is really enjoyable fun little film. My sister has the film also and still hasn't seen it even though I have told her to watch it many times.

I'm tempted to pick up the second one too... even if it's just for Hopper! What did you think to the remake by the way? I'm considering checking that one out now as well.

I saw it in the cinema many years ago and it's actually quite decent as for remake. There's been a lot of remakes which have been total rubbish, but what I remember this was ok. Definitely more gory. Recommend to check it out.

I saw it in the cinema many years ago and it's actually quite decent as for remake. There's been a lot of remakes which have been total rubbish, but what I remember this was ok. Definitely more gory. Recommend to check it out.
Sounds like it's worth checking out then. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

The Exorcist - weird because i've seen everything else by Friedkin and love most of his stuff!
The Great Escape
Pan's Labyrinth
Sunrise - do own it so it'll happen at some point
8 1/2 - own this too
Annie Hall - definitely not the biggest Woody Allen fan

The upshot is I'm quite sure I've seen some gems the average cinemagoer has no clue exists. It evens itself out. :rofl:

Instead of a long winded account, I will simply give you a link to only one of the myriad articles written about how it changed cinema forever. This is film 101, man.
http://www.neatorama.com/2014/01/13/What-Makes-Citizen-Kane-So-Special/
Must admit that's pretty cool, but with me finding the film quite overrated I've never bothered to read much about its backstory etc. Suppose I should now rewatch it with all that in mind though! And to be fair, I have only seen it once... I also used to think 2001 was overrated until I gave it a second chance many years later.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Must admit that's pretty cool, but with me finding the film quite overrated I've never bothered to read much about its backstory etc. Suppose I should now rewatch it with all that in mind though! And to be fair, I have only seen it once... I also used to think 2001 was overrated until I gave it a second chance many years later.
I understand the feeling. I never got 2001 until later on in my 20's.
I always like to revisit films that are highly regarded that never registered with me. (The "what am I missing?" Feeling):LOL:
With classic films, I find that it is super important to forget what you know.
Example:
Groucho Marx tells a hilarious joke in Duck Soup.
Viewer #1: that's not funny, I've heard that joke a million times
Viewer #2: this movie is the first time that joke was ever told.
Nobody now bats an eyelash at a story being told out of sequence. When Welles did Kane, that had never been done before. And Greg Toland's first use of deep focus techniques, moving sets, and ground level camera...
It is still a feast!
I think Magnificent Ambersons is almost on par with Kane. (Check that one out sometime. Amazon Japan just released a Blu ray of that).

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Main one I can think of is Schindler's List.
Just never seen it on any movie service I have to watch, and no one I know owns it for me to borrow.

The Godfather.
Goodfellas.
Scarface. (Own it on Blu-Ray but haven't watched.)
The Exorcist. (Also have it on Blu-Ray.)
Silence of the Lambs. (Have been wanting to see it for ages.)

Gone with the Wind

I've just never had a desire to see it yet everyone I tell that to is like Wait!? Whaaaat!?

Another one is Schindler's List.
3D_Bubblegum.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja