1. Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you
    Dismiss Notice

Mowgli - In theaters October 19, 2018

Discussion in 'Movies, Trailers, Cinema' started by Noodles, May 21, 2018.

1. Noodles

Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +38,350
    Title: Mowgli

Genre: Adventure, Drama

Director: Andy Serkis

Cast: Rohan Chand, Benedict Cumberbatch, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Andy Serkis, Naomie Harris, Eddie Marsan, Freida Pinto, Matthew Rhys, Tom Hollander, Peter Mullan, Jack Reynor

Plot: A human child raised by wolves, must face off against a menacing tiger named Shere Khan, as well as his own origins.
    [​IMG]

#1 Noodles, May 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Noodles

Ratings:
    +38,350

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  3. Noodles

Ratings:
    +38,350

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  4. Noodles

Ratings:
    +38,350
    33178210_1794839303915746_6202115650836496384_n.jpg

5. Flloydo

Flloydo Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +18,159
    I hope this is decent

I’m not too sure on the CGI plus I much prefer the voice cast for the other version. (Murray as baloo & waken as Louis was just icing)

@Noodles i think there is already a thread for this because it’s had a name change (think it was originally called the jungle book origins) and was held back like a year +

6. Noodles

Ratings:
    +38,350
    Same here... I like the darker tone they're taking with this, but the CGI looks kinda dodgy in some places, and the boy playing Mowgli doesn't seem all that great at acting IMO.

I'm sure I recall there being an existing thread too, but I searched and couldn't find one *shrug*.

7. tommyh84

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Do we really need this so close to Disney's own live action take (which I've also yet to see)?

8. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,740
    I agree. The CGI looks odd to me, But I think I figured out why. It's their faces.
    They tried to take the facial features of the actors playing the roles... but in doing that, it makes them look less like animals and more like some creepy hybrid cgi creature lol.
    I know they still have time to clean it up... but right now, I'm not a fan of how it looks.

Funny, these two were announced right around the same time... But yet this one comes out over 2 years later. Time flies.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  9. Noodles

Ratings:
    +38,350
    Just rewatched the trailer with what you said in mind and you're exactly right... what an odd decision! The wolves look especially weird... even my 9 year old niece commented on how strange they look (wolves are her favourite animal) lol.

10. yeslek

Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048
    Finally - I remember this being the version of the 2 that were supposed to come out last year, that I actually wanted to watch.

Even though the re-make DIsney did, was enjoyable and decent, am not one for direct remakes like that.
    If its a remake from an original foreign language movie, westernafied, or a remake thats essentially a modernised reboot, am all for it, but the Disney live action remakes...urgh