Mud - In Theaters April 26th, 2013

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
Cast:
Matthew McConaughey, Tye Sheridan (a splitting image of a young Tom Hardy), Sam Shepherd, Reese Witherspoon, Michael Shannon, Joe Don Baker

Another independent film gem from director Jeff Nichols (Shotgun Stories and Take Shelter), Mud tells the story of two teenage boys discovering a prize in the woods only to be challenged by Mud played brilliantly by Matthew McConaughey. More than that it is a story about friendship, love, courage and loyalty much in the tradition of the stories of Mark Twain with a modern overlay. The film is beautifully shot with great scenes of the Mississippi River and the daily goings-on around it. I had the honor of being invited to watch this as the opening film of the 2013 Nashville Film Festival tonight. This was filmed in 35mm anamorphic old-school so it should be watched on a big wide screen to get the full enjoyment factor and emotional impact.

IMAG0187.jpg

Trailer:
[media=youtube]2m9IFlz2iYo[/media]&sns=em

Attachments

• mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Che
Woohoo! 98% on Rotten Tomatoes!

I strongly encourage folks who enjoy Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Stand By Me, Sandlot, A Perfect World, or even Warrior to watch this on the big screen. It is a great story with beautiful cinematography, brilliant acting and directing. I am pushing this because I like to see more movies from the director, Jeff Nichols. Thank you for your support :)

Just have to bump this one for those who has yet to watch this wonderful piece of modern film-making and story-telling. It is still tracking at 98% on rottentomatoes.com which I believe is due to its DVD/Blu-ray release in the US last week.

Just have to bump this one for those who has yet to watch this wonderful piece of modern film-making and story-telling. It is still tracking at 98% on rottentomatoes.com which I believe is due to its DVD/Blu-ray release in the US last week.

+1 This was a awesome movie. Must Watch! It was a refreshing piece with some brilliant acting from everyone in the film, not to mention some very good directing as well. One of the best movies of the year IMO.

Reactions: ash333
Yes it would be a big shame if Hollywood would not go out of its way to recognize these talents. Tye Sheridan (the kid), Jeff Nichols and McConaughey should get nods for their respective categories. Jeff Nichols is one of the very few and rare talented American writer/director who truly knows how to tell a story with words and pictures. And he is working his fourth film :)