My Bedroom

APS

May 30, 2012
Hello all :)

What a wonderful idea for a board. My man cave is just my bedroom on steroids. I am NOT happy with it, but the size of the room limits me to this. I don't think I'll be happy until my room is nothing but black gloss and neon lights (ala Tron Legacy)

DSCF2084.jpg

So this is what you see just outside my bedroom door. A custom built (by myself >.<) bookcase. It's 8 foot (2.4m) long and about 6' (1.8m) high. Each shelf is about as high as a standard DVD case. Top row here is my Blu-Ray collection. Next row is my current gen video games collection with Arkham City (awesome City more like) as the first thing I see when I look at the shelf. Below is my WWE (massive fan as you'll see) DVD/Blu-Ray collection. Next shelf is all my older DVDs and the last 2 shelves are retro games.

DSCF2085.jpg

Better shot of the last 2 shelves. The bottom 2 are empty, waiting for more discs!

DSCF2081.jpg

This is a shot of what you see when you enter my bedroom door.

Note that none of the fairy lights are still there, also the Christmas tree isn't, either. Those are just brought out at Christmas :)

DSCF2079.jpg

This is a shot of my room from my PC/Office area, looking back out towards the door. My bed has 2 teddies on it, yet. One was from my sister and the other is my old one from childhood. I'm not afraid to admit how awesome that makes me.

DSCF2080.jpg

This is the shot that'll appeal to most the people here. My media centre. 50" HD ready 3D Panasonic Viera TV, some average surround sound set that my cousin threw in for free. PS3, Xbox360, Wii, NES, SNES, N64, Sega Mega Drive, all working and stuff. Oh and Frasier on the TV because Fraiser is my Christmas tradition :)

Hope you enjoyed! Any questions, feel free to post :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats very cool. What are your oldest figures? I used to collect these like 14 years ago.

I was very heavy into wrestling during the Mick Foley/Stone Cold/The Rock days. also WCW/nWo and ECW

Reactions: RiX
Thats very cool. What are your oldest figures? I used to collect these like 14 years ago.

I was very heavy into wrestling during the Mick Foley/Stone Cold/The Rock days. also WCW/nWo and ECW

Oldest as in the one I've had the longest? or the one which was made far back in time?

The oldest one I've had longest is a William Regal action figure which I got given to me as a Christmas present in (I think) December 2001. Since then it's remained and will continue to remain in it's original packaging as it was his first WWF action figure. Although it will never posess value due to it being mass produced and over-saturated, it will always have a special place in my heart as Mr. Regal is my all time favourite wrestler.

If you're asking which is the oldest based on when it was made:

- In it's original packaging: A WCW set from the 90's featuring Lord Steven Regal and Earl Robert Eaton.

- Out of it's original packaging: Probably one of the many Hulk Hogan Hasbro figures (the solid plastic ones in fixed poses with actions)

Really nice setup mate. Looks very cozy! :D

It is :D although the tiled floor is cold as hell!... wait...

So they sell all the same WWF/WWE figs in UK as USA ... or are you importing?

So they sell all the same WWF/WWE figs in UK as USA ... or are you importing?

America has always generally got them quicker than the UK but yeah, pretty much the same as the USA.

The vast majority of those that you see were imported, though, as they were always cheaper from America... then the recession hit...

Nice shelves mate! The golden age for me was WWF 85 - 93 when you had all the classic wrestlers like Brutus Barber, Koko B Ware, Legion of Doom, Andre the Giant and my favourite the Hart Foundation there were loads of classic wrestlers, does anyone else remember the good old days?

Fooking 'ell mate, thats a proper setup you got going on there lol Its hurting my eyes! so bright :D

WWF era has passed long ago, for me i stopped watching in '96 onwards.

RIP BRITISH BULLDOG :(

Fooking 'ell mate, thats a proper setup you got going on there lol Its hurting my eyes! so bright :D

WWF era has passed long ago, for me i stopped watching in '96 onwards.

RIP BRITISH BULLDOG :(

Wow you both missed such epic times in 1997/1998/1999 with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mr. McMahon. Arguably the best times to be a wrestling fan.

The lights weren't that bright by the way :D just left the shutter on my camera open and it gave that bright effect. Was really cosy, though.

Hah! Another Wrestling fan!

My fav. was Ultimate Warrior especially when he beat Hulk Hogan at the skydome.

I lost interest in wrestling though around 99-2000. Those newer figures that mattel? is doing are very cool though, I baught a few of them myself. No where near 300 though!

Hah! Another Wrestling fan!

My fav. was Ultimate Warrior especially when he beat Hulk Hogan at the skydome.

I lost interest in wrestling though around 99-2000. Those newer figures that mattel? is doing are very cool though, I baught a few of them myself. No where near 300 though!

Yeah you haven't really missed much since you stopped watching. The only significant thing that comes to mind is that Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels hugged in the ring on Raw back in 2009 (or 2010... not sure which). Very surreal if you knew about the Montreal Screwjob.

Yeah the majority of them (the main 300) are Jakks Pacific Classic Superstars, but the ones on the main wall are Mattel and they are much, much better. Far more realistic and much more effort put into them. Sadly, they're quite hard to collect due to Mattel's God-awful distribution, plus the fact I was jobless and stuff for 8 months means I have a massive void in my collection so I probably will just give up on collecting all the Mattel WWE figures.

I bet is hard leaving that room even to go to the kitchen! :drool:

It sure is ;) The room has changed significantly, now. I will get round to posting updated pictures but I now have a display for my newly aquired Batman: Arkham _____ figures by DC Collectables. They sit on the "Feature Wall" of the room where the Mattel WWE Legends sit in the photos I provided.