Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hope you enjoy checking out my setup :)

previous setup in spoiler, current setup in post #24

a couple notes:
- all speakers are banana plugged into receiver
- all HDMI cables are Monster Ultra 1000s (as short of length as possible)
- all speaker wire is Monster

Primary Setup:
50" Panasonic G25 Plasma 1080P HDTV
Sony BDP-S770 3D Blu-ray disc player
320GB PlayStation 3 Slim w/ assorted accessories
Pace RNG200N 500GB HD PVR
Monster HDP 2500 Power Center
Harman Kardon AVR 354 7.1 Receiver
2x Polk Audio RTi12 (Front Towers)
1x Polk Audio CSiA6 (Center Channel)
2x Polk Audio RTiA5 (Surround Left and Surround Right)
2x Polk Audio RTiA3 (Surround Back Left and Surround Back Right)
1x Polk Audio 12" PSW 125 (Subwoofer)
Black Leather Couch

IMG-20120131-00130.jpg

IMG-20120131-00132.jpg

IMG-20120131-00133.jpg

IMG-20120131-00134.jpg

IMG-20120131-00137.jpg

IMG-20120131-00139.jpg

IMG-20120131-00140.jpg

IMG-20120131-00141.jpg

IMG-20120131-00142.jpg

IMG-20120131-00143.jpg

IMG-20120131-00145.jpg

IMG-20120131-00146.jpg

IMG-20120131-00147.jpg

IMG-20120131-00148.jpg

IMG-20120131-00149.jpg

Secondary Setup:
42" Panasonic G25 Plasma 1080P HDTV
Sony PlayStation Soundbar
2.1 Altec Lansing Computer Speakers
17" Hewlett-Packard Pavilion DV7 Laptop w/ Internal Blu-ray Drive
Razer Mamba Mouse
Razer Lycosa Keyboard
Monster HTS 1600 Power Center
Black Leather Recliner + Ottoman

IMG-20120131-00127.jpg

IMG-20120131-00129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HK AVR 354 and Polk RTi12

Hey fan of gaming,

Noticed you work at Fshop. Me too. 608 Woot woot! Listen, just want to know if your AVR 354 sufficiently powers the Polk Rti12s. I'm not in home theatre. In my googling I've found a lot of people saying the receiver is not enough and you need a seperate amp. Is this true? How do they sound for you? Just picked up the rti12s dirty deals so just wanted to know.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Really a great Mancave :scat:
But whats that new Panasonic TV??? Plasma?

Hey MK, thanks for the comment! The TV is a 65" Panasonic ZT60 Plasma, it's a beautiful TV :drool:

Something about the wall color, clock and #9 jersey speaks to me :hilarious:

Great Cave FoG! WHODEY! GO BENGALS! :D

Thanks man, I need to replace that #9 jersey though, screw Carson Palmer lol. Will probably get a Green or Dalton

Reactions: Bluprint and MK50
Hey MK, thanks for the comment! The TV is a 65" Panasonic ZT60 Plasma, it's a beautiful TV :drool:

Thanks man, I need to replace that #9 jersey though, screw Carson Palmer lol. Will probably get a Green or Dalton

Thats a bad ass tv dude. Panasonic's are finally rivalling if not now beating the legendary Kuro's. I really tried my best with a plasma but the glare on the screen kept driving me nuts :( No matter which way I tried the glare would just stare back at me, lol. Sad for me really as plasma's truly are the highest quality "movie viewing" quality you can get out there... blacks are so deep and colour richness is off the charts.

I settled for a projector instead (which is fun too as the image its huge!).

Thats a bad ass tv dude. Panasonic's are finally rivalling if not now beating the legendary Kuro's. I really tried my best with a plasma but the glare on the screen kept driving me nuts :( No matter which way I tried the glare would just stare back at me, lol. Sad for me really as plasma's truly are the highest quality "movie viewing" quality you can get out there... blacks are so deep and colour richness is off the charts.

I settled for a projector instead (which is fun too as the image its huge!).

Thanks a lot Jay, being in a basement and with the only window blacked out I don't have any issues with the glare thankfully, just turn the lamps off when I watch or play something.

As for a projector, no doubt it is great too. My friend has a 90" or 100" screen or somewhere around there and it's just massive lol takes up his whole wall.

Appreciate the comments everyone!

Reactions: Jason Bourne

EEK! That is my DREAM TV (well, at the moment!)... But think 65" may be too big for my living room... And the 60" is a LOT cheaper (scratch that! "a lot less money" as cheap and Panasonic ZT60 can not be in the same sentence :D)
Need to see it LIVE first. Not many stores around carry the ZT60 line... Mostly only VTW60...

You don't ned two, send one my way :hilarious:
I will send you a nice SB in return...

Which size is/are your ZT60?

You can only get 60" in the UK .

Got one in the Bedroom & the other in the TV room. Both pro calibrated. ;)

Then 153" Screen in the custom cinema room with a 4k projector...:hilarious:

Reactions: MK50
Thanks a lot Jay, being in a basement and with the only window blacked out I don't have any issues with the glare thankfully, just turn the lamps off when I watch or play something.

As for a projector, no doubt it is great too. My friend has a 90" or 100" screen or somewhere around there and it's just massive lol takes up his whole wall.

Appreciate the comments everyone!

Yeah I have a 92" screen running right now with my projector. Its lots of fun for sure. Still I think in the future unless I get a dedicated theatre space and put up a 150" screen... I would like to switch over to a 80" or so LED (since they glare less then plasma's).

I bet the FS discount was nice on the TV :naughty:

trying to decide to go with that tv FOG .. or checking out that 80" vizio at sams club .... im typically more big on plasmas but at least with the vizio i can see in person.

trying to decide to go with that tv FOG .. or checking out that 80" vizio at sams club .... im typically more big on plasmas but at least with the vizio i can see in person.

I have seen that plasma in person and if your all about having the best possible PQ a screen can deliver then this is the TV to get. It is simply AMAZING. IMO this TV rivals and beats the legendary Kuro plasma's. Just make sure either your A) not bothered by glare on the screen) or B) can put the tv where you can avoid glare.

Personally I might go for the Vizio 80" in the future as I have glare problems with plasma's where I need to put the TV and LED/LCD's reduce it significantly.

Im sure FoG will chime in too with a first hand opinion.

EEK! That is my DREAM TV (well, at the moment!)... But think 65" may be too big for my living room... And the 60" is a LOT cheaper (scratch that! "a lot less money" as cheap and Panasonic ZT60 can not be in the same sentence :D)

:hilarious: yeah, I don't think cheap and ZT60 can be used together

Congrats on the ZT60 buddy! :thumbs:

Got 2 of them this year and its a reference panel for sure....:oohyeah:

Picture it produces is :drool:

no kidding, it's a gorgeous picture. I know you got yours calibrated too which I'm getting done next week :thumbs:

I bet the FS discount was nice on the TV :naughty:

I won't say how nice, but it definitely was ;)

I don't think you would be disappointed, I blind-bought mine and don't regret it at all. I can't go non-plasma anymore, not saying that there isn't great non-Plasma's but for my situation, they are the best choice.

Reactions: earthscope and MK50