Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: July 4, 2018
Purchase links: JB Hi-Fi AU - JB Hi-Fi NZ
Price: AUS $39.98 - NZ $42.98

109075-L-LO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw these go up a week or two ago and thought about putting in an order for Totoro. It’s the only missing piece from my Zavvi Miyazaki collection. :whistle:

They do ship internationally, but does anyone know what kind of packaging they use? Curious if it’d make the trip across the Pacific unharmed. :ohno:

Saw these go up a week or two ago and thought about putting in an order for Totoro. It’s the only missing piece from my Zavvi Miyazaki collection. :whistle:

They do ship internationally, but does anyone know what kind of packaging they use? Curious if it’d make the trip across the Pacific unharmed. :ohno:
I went in to purchase this and the other Ghibli steelbooks. I was very disappointed to see bare metal outside the circular art. From pics I had (wrongly) assumed they would have a flat white surround. I’m on the fence now. Lucky they have tons of them.

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
I've ordered single steelbooks from them a few times, they were always shipped in two nested bubble envelopes.

Not optimal packaging, but never had any shipping damages.

JB Hi-Fi's bubble enevlopes are a bit stronger (plastic outer layer) than usual, so that helps.

• Helpful Post
I went in to purchase this and the other Ghibli steelbooks. I was very disappointed to see bare metal outside the circular art. From pics I had (wrongly) assumed they would have a flat white surround. I’m on the fence now. Lucky they have tons of them.
I know that sounds like terrible news, but it's actually a big plus for those trying to fill the gaps in their Zavvi collections, as that's the finish they've had across the board. :woot:

I've ordered single steelbooks from them a few times, they were always shipped in two nested bubble envelopes.

Not optimal packaging, but never had any shipping damages.

JB Hi-Fi's bubble enevlopes are a bit stronger (plastic outer layer) than usual, so that helps.
Thanks for the info! Sounds like it could certainly be worse. A lot of the Korean eBay sellers seem to ship in a similar method, and I've had good luck with them.

Might have to grab a copy of Totoro. The aftermarket prices on the original are staggering. :OMG:

I know that sounds like terrible news, but it's actually a big plus for those trying to fill the gaps in their Zavvi collections, as that's the finish they've had across the board. :woot:

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it could certainly be worse. A lot of the Korean eBay sellers seem to ship in a similar method, and I've had good luck with them.

Might have to grab a copy of Totoro. The aftermarket prices on the original are staggering. :OMG:

I've just ordered Totoro from them. Hopefully it makes it here in one piece. For £27 delivered has to be worth a shot compared to the ebay sellers with their exorbitant prices.

Doubled down and got Princess Mononoke on the way too...

Last edited:
  • Thanks

+ 1, I hear you loud and clear this is fantastic news. I myself am trying to fill in the gaps and hunt down the releases I originally missed on launch that are now OOS. These Ghibli’s are absolutely through the roof on the bay especially Totoro which I don’t think I’ve seen go below £55 before shipping and that’s for an unsealed copy in good condition :greedy:. So to me this is a bargain and well worth the purchase along with Spirted Away aswell :drool:

It’d be awesome if someone could post pictures. Open and without the j-card, and the spines. I’m just trying to determine if this wave of rereleases has the same design as the previous one before I put in my order.

This rerelease wave is a godsend for me as I missed all the ones before Spirited Away and the aftermarket prices for them are disgusting

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Not mine …
1531421972834.png
1531421595433.png
1531421731442.png

… but judging by the spine colour, looks like the Australian steelbook could be the same steelbook as the one we got in the UK … including the 2 disc content.
(of course won't be exactly the same as missing the "STUDIO CANAL" spine logo and "NEIGHBOUR" could be spelt differently).

Just be aware the spines are different than their UK counterparts, if that's important to you.:thumbs:

It’d be awesome if someone could post pictures. Open and without the j-card, and the spines. I’m just trying to determine if this wave of rereleases has the same design as the previous one before I put in my order.

This rerelease wave is a godsend for me as I missed all the ones before Spirited Away and the aftermarket prices for them are disgusting
Exactly the same bar the spine, which I know would put some off, but if you can get past that, it's the same steelbook art.

As far as the front 'n' back artwork is concerned goes perfectly to fill in the UK gaps . . . except TOTORO - out of the four - with very minor hardly worth mentioning non-matching colour print on the "A HAYAO MIYAZAKI FILM" text vs. the title . . . of course different spelling of same too:-
UK -------------------------------------------------------------- AUS
1531710334582.png
1531708987297.png

As far as the spines are concerned the differences will be more obvious when mixed in with the UK editions . . . most notably clean logo free above the title . . . less obvious maybe is the "STUDIO GHIBLI and BLU-RAY logo" near the bottom which is not blue boxed:-

UK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- AUS
34598461_1812065732435988_4816610178113732608_n.jpg
1531711931338.png

Last edited:
Got the dreaded Parcelforce letter today. £7.46 vat and their clearance fee is now £11.25!

Guaranteed I get hit for the other disc I ordered as well. Might work out cheaper than the ebay scalpers overall but that clearance fee is taking the piss.

Got the dreaded Parcelforce letter today. £7.46 vat and their clearance fee is now £11.25!

Guaranteed I get hit for the other disc I ordered as well. Might work out cheaper than the ebay scalpers overall but that clearance fee is taking the piss.
Bummer. Kind of defeats the point of getting a good deal on them then. :(

Arrived safe but just the one disc, JB Hifi put a massive contents/receipt shipping invoice on the front so I fully expect to be hit again, they only just despatched Princess Mononoke 2 days ago.

At least the disc arrived intact - taped in a wad of bubble wrap and sent in a jiffy bag.

My local JB Hifi had heaps of these steels too. I'm betting in a few weeks there'll be a 20% off Blu Ray sale. I'm also betting in a few months these Ghibli Steels will feature in a 2 for $30.00 sale. At least that's what I'm waiting (and hoping) for.

I was hoping for this as well, but the best I've seen so far is the 20% off deal. Any idea how long steelbooks usually take to be part of those kinds of deals? I don't want to risk missing out on these steelbooks.