Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Pre-order here

Release date November 25,2013

Price to be £19.99

totoro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, finally ghibli movies on steelbook!

Hopefully will be a tad lower on amazon, but as the ghibli movies on standard blu ray are upwards of £13 these are a fair price already.

Suhweet :scat:, BIG fan of Studio Ghibli flicks and have all DVD & BD LEs out there so this will be a nice welcome addition to my Ghibli Collection, let's hope for a kick ass art and more Gibli titles from the UK, all numbered now please :D

Sooo much happier with these now that we have a colorful spine and great back art! :oohyeah:

Hope it stays that way and they have nice inner art too!

Reactions: Jango
I like this steelbook ! There is a good effect from Totoro in the circle on the front ! We think he leave the movie to come to us !

They are not perfect, but so much better than a lot of the dross that gets released.

Nice spine art
Blu + DVD
Lovely inner art
No ratings logos
Excellent movies

I hoped they would have been glossy and came with a booklet of some sort, but alas they do not. These are exceptional films, so it's a no brainer from my perspective.

I can't wait for the next lot to be announced.

Reactions: rapta
I agree with the above comments. Lovely inside artwork but the outside is soooo dull. This wave could/should have been breathtaking but it is plain and uninspired.
A let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree. If they had used white, they'd look like that godawful 'premium' collection. If they had been different block colours, they'd look like kids DVD covers.

The silver acts as a unifying template or base colour that encourages you to collect them. The circular image on the front and type on the front and spine is similar on all of them too which also enhances the consistency across the set. The spine and text colours and the back and inside artwork are obviously unique to each film which is a nice touch. Personally I did have Nausicaä on pre-order and was going to get Totoro too, but the only thing I have to complain about at the moment is the price. If they fall below £15-ish each then I'll consider buying them no problem, but £20 (or indeed £18) is a bit steep for a catalogue title, even if Nausicaä hadn't been Dual Format in the past.

Disagree. If they had used white, they'd look like that godawful 'premium' collection. If they had been different block colours, they'd look like kids DVD covers.

The silver acts as a unifying template or base colour that encourages you to collect them. The circular image on the front and type on the front and spine is similar on all of them too which also enhances the consistency across the set. The spine and text colours and the back and inside artwork are obviously unique to each film which is a nice touch. Personally I did have Nausicaä on pre-order and was going to get Totoro too, but the only thing I have to complain about at the moment is the price. If they fall below £15-ish each then I'll consider buying them no problem, but £20 (or indeed £18) is a bit steep for a catalogue title, even if Nausicaä hadn't been Dual Format in the past.

I just think, they look cheap! No embossing, debossing. They just look a little flat. Just my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not fussed about debossing/embossing personally, just interested in artwork and layout which is much better than average here. You're right though, I bet they didn't cost a lot to make so the markup is a bit of a joke...will only buy these once they come down a bit.

Reactions: flateric