Need some help with wire managment

snsguy

Ninja with a Hook
Premium Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
Hendersonville, TN
Hey guys! I need some help with wire managment for my HT I'm working on. Sorry for the dust on everything. There has been dust flying everywhere since I uncovered everything and I'm not cleaning it till I'm done. It just gets dust again.

Anyway here is the issue. I have a lot of wires I need hidden going from my receiver which is in a cubby whole type thing hooked up to infared so they will be hidden. I have about 7 to 8 large cable and hdmi cable that need to be hidden.

I have already used about an 1" tracking to cover 1 speaker cable going to each of the back surround speakers. I can fit two speaker separate speaker cables in 1" of track.

I have the 5 speaker cables that I need hidden, a subwoofer cable, and a large gauge hdmi cable headed to the tv. Then on the other side of the tv only 2 speaker cables need to be hidden to get to the right speaker tower.

I thought of using track but I'd have to put 3 or 4 1" tracks stacked on one another to get it there. I've thought of the tv wire track that is big that can hold them going from the receiver to the tv. Then 1 1" track to run from the other side of the tv to the right speaker tower. The problem is that the tv track is freaking huge and not long enough to get from the receiver to the tv. Also I need it to allow the two speaker cables to come out of it when it reaches the left speaker tower then continue on to the tv. That is my major problem. Allowing those two speaker cables to be able to get out of what ever I use to cover them and then have the track continue on. Here on some pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can see in the first pic where the first two cables would need to be allowed to come out from whatever covering it is to get to the speaker. Then the rest of the wires would continue to be covered.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated. :D

Attachments

• 20130608_204036_resized.jpg
    20130608_204036_resized.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 20130608_204154_resized.jpg
    20130608_204154_resized.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
in regards to wire management if you want it looking pretty you really have to rewire everything and keep things as tight as possible but leave a little bit of play for wiggle room.

You could make it 10x better looking with just cheap zip strips ... (if you know what those are) and then if you really wanted get gung-ho on it they do sell some wire strip covers that I guess a combination of the two zip strips and covers might make it look even more appealing.

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply in my own thread! :D I've been ill and haven't been on barely at all. Thanks for all the great ideas. The reason I can't leave them out is because they are bright blue. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to use some of those ideas. I finally figured out what to do. I bought two Plasma/LCD raceways to hide the cables from the cubby where the components are to the tv. I'm going to use another raceway to run the the two speaker cables to the left speaker and another from the back of the tv to the right speaker. they'll be completely covered and out of the way. I'll paint them so they shouldn't be noticable. I'm planning on hanging some fabric underneath the receiver to hide all the rest of the wire. the reason I left so much slack is because we plan on getting better speakers eventually and they may need more cable. I'll post some pics when I get them up. Thanks again guys! :D

Reactions: Ricker