Netflix users... look in! You need this!!

cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Just signed up to this - Unblock US

$4.99/£3 a month it opens up all of Netflix's different regions. You can switch easily to the following regions -

UK, USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden and more! All regions have different content. It's superb!

You can sign up for a weeks free trial too :thumbs: :scat:

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 921
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of importing a US blu ray player as it's cheaper than getting a multi region player. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use it for streaming US netflix from the UK out of the box, or will I still need to use a service like unblockus?
They provide service on country IP addresses. You'll have to use a US IP to get that version NF.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
I'm thinking of importing a US blu ray player as it's cheaper than getting a multi region player. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use it for streaming US netflix from the UK out of the box, or will I still need to use a service like unblockus?

You'll need to use a service like the one I mentioned here, better than unblockus or any VPN for that matter :)

I use a SmartDNS service to get access to Netflix and Hulu. It's better than using VPN/proxy service in that it does not choke the internet bandwidth like the VPN does. I won't go into an in-depth explanation of how it exactly works (for those who aren't familiar with this type of service) but what you need to know is that your traffic is not "tunnelled" through VPN servers which usually causes the "choking" of your internet speed.

All one needs to do to benefit from this, is subscribe to the service for $2/month (price varies per company) and get the SmartDNS settings to use with any device (Mac, iPhone, Apple TV, Windows machines etc...).

There are various companies that offer this type of service and I've tried them all until I settled on this one.

I highly recommend them and their customer support is very good at handling issues if any.

Hope this helps non-US users :thumbs:
Heh, I was just about to recommend them too - I found them about a week ago & so far they've been excellent.
I'm mainly using it to watch US netflix and UltraViolet content on VUDU (because they offer it in 1080p unlike any UV providers in the UK and I can use my US ultraviolet codes, plus virtually everything I redeemed in the UK works on there too).

I ended up using dnsmasq on my MacBook Pro to take things one step further and only forward requests for the websites they support through their DNS, and everything else through OpenDNS. :)

• Informative
Reactions: x3ntaur
I signed up for this full time :thumbs: I tried the free trial a few times and for 4.99$ a month its definitely worth it :thumbs: :) Plus, you get tons of others channels to you disposal, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, Blockbuster....... and many, many, MANY more :cool:

I can highly recommend the weeks free trial and see if this is something you want :thumbs:

Last edited: