'New Collector' Questions Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all and welcome new Steelbook or other Limited Ed collectors!

I am adding this thread so that new collectors can ask questions about collecting. My hope is that collectors that have been around for a while will be willing to jump in and help answer some of the basic questions about collecting etc.We have all kinds of collectors at hidefninja.com so please don't be afraid to ask questions.

Enjoy!
DB

Helpful general Steelbook threads

Scam/Fake SB Discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't agree more bud - I always thought that the SB looks best clean, w/o stickies, plastic wrapping, J-cards and the like.
However, the more I read, the more I learn:confused:, I think :naughty:

For the steels I own, I do what you do and am generally happy about it. From a buying perspective, however, it appears (and I may be completely off the mark here) that I do need to be more careful seeing how there could be potential scammers out there?

Cheers! :scat:

I think with Steelbooks and stickers its more about the reseal than counterfeit steels. I have never come across one before either. These stickers can be hard to remove cleanly without tearing the shrinkwrap so you have to be dubious when a sticker is stuck back on whether it is original factory sealed.

I think with Steelbooks and stickers its more about the reseal than counterfeit steels. I have never come across one before either. These stickers can be hard to remove cleanly without tearing the shrinkwrap so you have to be dubious when a sticker is stuck back on whether it is original factory sealed.

That makes sense. Have HDN members or others been witness to this practice in the past?

Researcher-yes, there have been instances where Steelbooks were sold as Exclusives from other stores, by affixing the sticker from that store. However, it's always a good idea to check here first, and or/ask many questions before you guy. Here's another thread where folks have reported instances of all kinds of shady selling practices, FYI.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/8501/

Reactions: Researcher
ask for access to the steelbook collection manager in this thread.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/17514/

has real scans of all steels ... once in, go to search mode and hit browse ... will take a while to load sicne you will have none in yoru collection but u can then see all the steels ever from all over the world.