New PS3 Title - Collector's Edition & Steelbook Suggestion Thread

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey folks out there! Some industry people have asked us to get YOUR suggestions about what would make a good steelbook release for a NEW / upcoming PS3 title.

We'll tabulate all the suggestions and then submit them to the appropriate places.

If we get enough responses, there might be an actual chance that we could see a limited edition in steelbook.

Just one ground rule - please stay to titles that aren't going to be released in a month - maybe only some games that will be out in the next few months. ;)

I look forward to hearing some suggestions! :scat:

Red Faction Armageddon (though release is sorta close)
Ghost Recon Future Soldier (whenever this comes about)
BATTLEFIELD 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice: Madness Returns
Batman: Arkham City
inFAMOUS 2
L.A Noire (Though the release date is soon it seems like the perfect title)
The Last Guardian
Mass Effect 3
Resistance 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 20th Anniversary Game (20th Anniversary Steel anyone? :) )
Uncharted 3

Pretty much every game coming out in the pipeline. Lol....seriously though these would be great:
Uncharted 3
Mass Effect 3
Gears of War 3
Bioshock: Infinite
Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Only for PS3 games?

I'll even give a rating out of 3 for how badly I would like a steelbook for a specific game:
3 - Excellent fit (i.e highest potential in terms of aesthetically pleasing cover art).
2 - Good fit.
1 - Would be nice.

PS3 games (June - Dec):

June
inFamous 2 - 2/3
Red Faction: Armageddon - 1/3
Alice: Madness Returns - 3/3

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - 3/3

July
Catherine - 2/3

August
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise - 2/3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 3/3

September
Resistance 3 - 1/3
Rage - 1/3
Gears of War 3 - 2/3
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 3/3
Battlefield 3 - 1/3

November
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 3/3
Metal Gear Solid Rising - 2/3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2/3
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - 2/3

December/Undefined
Bioshock Infinite - 2/3
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 3/3
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 3/3

Max Payne 3 - 2/3

The Last Guardian - 3/3
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD - 3/3

Non-PS3:
June
Legend of Zelda: OoT 3DS - Kind of out there, but it would be interesting to see a DS steelbook...
Star Wars: The Old Republic - 2/3

By the way, this board seems to be sparsely visited...might be good to move it to the main steelbooks board, at least temporarily, if you want response (or at least make a topic about it on the main board).

Last edited:
Battlefield 3 (definately)
Resistance 3
Modern Warfare 3 (probably will be one already planned but just in case they they are stupid and not considering it i had to mention it) i would be peeved if they didn't.

also, i would of love to have seen the first "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (game of the year edition) be re-released as a collectors steelbook to go with the others and also "Duke Nukem Forever" (too late on that one i guess), oh well. the steelbook would of been the cherry on top of the cake if it was in the Balls of Steel" Edition.

UPDATE - 23.05.11: few days ago i was informed that Futureshop will be offering an exclusive steelbook of Duke Nukem Forever along with the game like MK9 so thats 1 off my list, keep em coming thats what i say :).

Last edited:
Battlefield 3 (definately)
Resistance 3
Modern Warfare 3 (probably will be one already planned but just in case they they are stupid and not considering it i had to mention it) i would be peeved if they didn't.

also, i would of love to have seen the first "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (game of the year edition) be re-released as a collectors steelbook to go with the others and also "Duke Nukem Forever" (too late on that one i guess), oh well. the steelbook would of been the cherry on top of the cake if it was in the Balls of Steel" Edition.

There is a PC steelbook for Modern Warfare. Might be tough to find though.