Completed New Twin Peaks By David Lynch And Mark Frost In 2017 (Showtime)

Snollygoster

Creative | YouTube
Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2012

Source: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/new-twin-peaks-2016-showtime/
Approximately 25 years later, David Lynch and Mark Frost will be revisiting the wonderful and strange town of Twin Peaks. And we’ll be able to witness the fruits of that trip, as rumored earlier, on premium cable network Showtime. But we’ll have to be more patient than Dale Cooper ordering room service, because the brand new show is set to premiere in 2016 which is 25 years after the final “How’s Annie?” cliffhanger episode aired.

Details are still rolling in like two-by-fours from the Packard Mill, but David Lynch and Mark Frost will start shooting a new, 9-episode season in 2015. They’re trying to bring back as much of the original cast as possible, with Kyle MacLachlan definitely on board reprising his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper. Composer Angelo Badalamenti and Emmy Award-winning editor Duwayne Dunham will likely be involved as well.

Last edited:
I don't have Showtime, but if it ends up being good like the original was, i'd definitely stream it or pick it up on Blu-ray.

Looking forward to the new series, Season 2 had a great end so wonder what they can do to explain the past 25 years?
Also hope there is a new blu-ray set including this new series as I have yet to upgrade from DVD but don't see the point yet now this one is coming.

This show was incredible. So many twists and turns and god knows what else was going on!
I was in love with Madchen Amick at the time! Hope she is returning!

They may still be sitting here, 25 years later

4afZ0tELH4FG0.gif

Reactions: navydavey
And now this... :( From Fangoria
For this writer, the announcement that Showtime would be bringing back TWIN PEAKS last year was nothing short of a dream come true, if only for the idea that Lynch would return to the director’s chair (for nine hours of content), let alone to bring back one of the genre’s most beloved properties. Yet since the announcement, the updates have been few and far between: Kyle MacLachlan’s return was all but assured, and the return of Sheryl Lee and Dana Ashbrook was expected as well. Yet, on Friday, some rather off-putting news dropped from reliable fan site Welcome to Twin Peaks regarding the show’s return… or possible lack thereof.

For those unfamiliar, Lynch’s “Between Two Worlds” art exhibit opened in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, and took to the stage for a Q&A shortly beforehand at QPAC. When asked about whether or not PEAKS was definitely coming back, Lynch responded, “I don’t know. There are complications.” Obviously, the quote started circulating around social media, and while there hasn’t been an official statement elsewhere, fans of the series are beginning to worry, even though some believe it was merely Lynch being his cryptic self. But WTTP believes, from their trusted source, that Lynch was being literal, addressing the ongoing cast contract negotiations which “aren’t going as expected.”

Now, of course, should Lynch not be cryptic and rather bluntly honest (which he is also known to do), this could mean a few things. Obviously, Showtime made a large spectacle of the show’s return, and without the cast onboard, they are somewhat at the mercy of the actors for their budget, especially considering Lynch and Frost are not ones to compromise their vision for the show’s return. Perhaps Lynch was also referring to the show’s return in 2016 literally: with Lynch behind the director’s chair and shooting on 35mm film with no set shoot date, the director could be unsure if the show will be completed in time for a debut next year. Or perhaps the series might just be too damned expensive for Showtime after all, yet the series might not have much trouble finding a new home following the pop culture fanfare that followed the announcement in 2014.

But 2016 was very specific in the TWIN PEAKS timeline, having been 25 years since the show had gone off the air. Even if it hits in December of 2016, Showtime could make good on their word and still accommodate for delays. In any case, FANGORIA will keep a close eye on the matter, and our fingers crossed that Lynch and Showtime will indeed find their way back to TWIN PEAKS.

Lynch just confirmed via his Twitter that he will no longer be directing...

"Dear Twitter Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently."

Public negotiation?
Showtime is the one who is gonna look stupid. They got everybody's hopes up.
And if Lynch is truly gone – I can totally see the actors bailing too.

Yeah those news made me really sad, don't have any words for it... :banghead::banghead::banghead: Twin Peaks is possibly my favourite TV series.

I guess it still could be doable if Mark Frost is in charge, but won't be the same without Lynch, especially if some actors now choose to not come back.

"Showtime later released a statement say it “continues to hold out hope” that Lynch will return." Well Showtime you know that Lynch won't change his vision, so you can hope as much as you want, but if you want him back you have no choice but to give in :D