Horror-Scream Factory CE Nightbreed (The Director's Cut) (Deluxe Edition Blu-ray with Slipbox) [USA]

Hooch

Clan of OES
Premium Supporter
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (Blu-ray)(Shout Factory)[USA]

YES! :scat:

From Shout newsletter:

In collaboration with Morgan Creek Productions and Clive Barker’s Seraphim, Inc., the long-awaited NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT is scheduled for a release of October 28th and will be available in two retail versions: A 5,000 Unit Limited-Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray™ set and a Special Edition DVD & Blu-ray™ Combo.

nbdc.jpg

More info here Deluxe

nbse.jpg

More info here Special Edition

Specs revealed -
DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p, 1:78 Video
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
You can order from the links and Shout titles are found on amazon.com, ebay.com and loads of other places.

:( Region Locked. I am NEVER EVER Going to see this again. 20 years and counting . Any news on a European edition? . ANYONE I'll love you forever.

Surely some other studio will buy the rights I have no idea how it works but Happy for U.S / Canadian Ninjas . At the same time so so Gelous right now .

Reactions: psychoscot
:( Region Locked. I am NEVER EVER Going to see this again. 20 years and counting . Any news on a European edition? . ANYONE I'll love you forever.

Surely some other studio will buy the rights I have no idea how it works but Happy for U.S / Canadian Ninjas . At the same time so so Gelous right now .

There were sold out screenings here in Leeds, Liverpool and London and there is call for it, so I would be very surprised if the UK doesn't get a release. :D

Just get a region free Blu-ray player...

Reactions: Ezcompane
Hi guys!

I was wondering: Will it be any group buy of Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (Deluxe Edition)?

Here's why I'm asking: I live in Sweden and Scream!Factory does not ship to Sweden. Does anybody (if there won't be a group buy) want to help me out by buying and sending me this edition? I will be able to transfer money via PayPal at the end of July if that would be okay? I would be more than grateful for this help!
Please feel free to PM me or post a message in this thread.

Take care you guys! :)

/ Fritte

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eusU9w2I0...ed+Director's+Cut+Limited+Edition+Blu-ray.jpg

Hi Fritte proplem with this is its done by Shout which is locked tighter than a bank safe :(.

I'm in U.K so hoping like you wont belive for a European disk OR region free.

IF you have got a region free Blu Ray player then I'm sure a Canadian /U.S Ninja will be pleased to help.

Anyway welcome and hope to see you around the boards :D.

I agree with lolwut. I invested in a region free player a couple years ago, and don't regret it at all. It has let me enjoy the recent Arrow releases, for starters...

Here's the final list of extras per Scream Factory's Facebook page. Can't wait! ;):thumbs:

"We are very excited today to announce the final list of extras that will be available on our two releases of NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT (both out on 10/28). We thank every fans of “Midian” for being patient for this long-awaited news and we hope you are pleased.

We begin with an official statement from Clive Barker’s team on this extraordinary project: “The Nightbreed Director’s Cut is an entirely different film than the one which was released in theaters. Its 20 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, but it contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage. Clive oversaw the reconstruction and edit himself, personally ensuring that, at long last, he was able to tell the story he always wanted to tell, but until now, had never been given the chance. Once the scenes were reordered, and the original film footage restored, the entire film received a brand new sound mix and color pass. It is, in every way, a different movie. It contains more story, more monsters, and there’s even a musical number. Ultimately, what we’ve delivered is a love story 25 years in the making.”

The breakdown for each set is as follows:

DVD & BLU-RAY COMBO SPECIAL EDITION SET
• Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
• Making Monsters – interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
• Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting – an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 5.1/English Subtitles

LIMITED EDITION 3-DISC BLU-RAY SET (10,000 Numbered Pieces – also includes Collector’s book)

DISC 1: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT
• Making Monsters – interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
• Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting – an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 5.1/English Subtitles

DISC 2: BONUS DISC
• Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
• Monster Prosthetics Master Class
• Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
• The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
• Matte Painting Tests
• Makeup Tests
• Stop Motion Lost Footage
• Extended Torture Scene
• Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
• Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

DISC 3: THE THEATRICAL CUT
• New transfer from the inter-positive
1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/English Subtitles

**NOTE: Those who order the Limited Edition and Special Edition sets directly from us at www.ScreamfactoryDVD.com will also receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster of the newly designed artworks (available while supplies last) plus a 2-week early ship on 10/14."

As posted by Shout Factory for the limited edition -

Rigid slipcase houses two blu-ray cases. 1 case has the Director's Cut and Bonus Disc. The other case has the theatrical cut. A collector's booklet is also included

Reactions: Hooch
I splurged, and took my fiance to the Century Guild screening. It was an incredible event, and we got the LE afterwards. It's a substantial release, with excellent interviews.