Release date: March 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Nikita
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11089711-1194275946674240.jpg

11089711-1274275946693611.jpg

11089711-1454275946687134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has the best art out of Wolf creek, the big blue and the losers imo.

Would like to get at some point on a price drop if it sticks around

Reactions: goufcustom
I'm really starting to love Studio Canal. Mulholland Drive and The Elephant Man look really beautiful with that gloss, just wow! :oohyeah: And front art of Nikita just yells:"Please gloss me!!". I have high expectations for this. :thumbs:

Its ok but not amazing looking
I will wait till I see it in flesh first as it might look better then
Been a STUDIOCANAL release this most likely will be a gloss finish but I will wait for a price drop

Its ok but not amazing looking
I will wait till I see it in flesh first as it might look better then
Been a STUDIOCANAL release this most likely will be a gloss finish but I will wait for a price drop

And being a Studio Canal release it most likely gets cheaper relatively fast, if you can wait, but I don't know if I can hah. And really that gloss finish is absolutely necessary or this whole design just falls apart.

Yep, definitely passing on this, I prefer the artwork on my MetalPak (click to enlarge):
Nikita.jpg
You can't really tell in the pic, but the Nikita text and gun also are kind of reflective/shine in the light on the MetalPak - the downside is it has a printed back.

I know the Steelbook has the same picture (cropped), but I don't like the way it's stylized.

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
Does anyone know if this will simply have the original French audio with English subtitles or will it include the English dubbed audio?

Does anyone know if this will simply have the original French audio with English subtitles or will it include the English dubbed audio?
Its original French audio with English subtitles

Extras
Making Of" featurette (20:37)
Most of the featurette is in English; the French portions in it are subtitled in English (the subtitles are burned in)

The Sound of Nikita" featurette (4:48) In English

Karyo on Besson" soundbite (0:26) In English
The Bedroom" featurette (0:33) . In English
Training Room" featurette (0:33)
Vanity Room" featurette (0:33)
Theatrical Trailer (2:22)

Soundtrack(s):
French PCM 2.0 Stereo

Subtitles
English

Aspect Ratio:
2.35:1
Picture Format:
1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash
Im actually really liking this art and I think it's the best of the wave (yet to see sleepy hollow or cabin fever yet - although with cabin fever there is not much to choose from) I wasn't going to bother to get this but I'll happily pick this up when it reaches £7.99 in June (no one order guys!)

Reactions: ValBro and Flash
English... dubbed audio? For Nikita? That sounds horrifying.
The US blu-ray has an English dub - It's synced fairly well (a lot better than many English dubs I've seen), but the voice actors leave something to be desired - It's not terrible, but I'd rather watch it in French with the English subtitles.

Reactions: Paperinukke
The US blu-ray has an English dub - It's synced fairly well (a lot better than many English dubs I've seen), but the voice actors leave something to be desired - It's not terrible, but I'd rather watch it in French with the English subtitles.

They tend to turn more into a comedy with English dubbed. Only one I've found worth watching with English dubbed is ong bak. It's absolutely hilarious hearing really over the top cockneys in a Thai fighting film and obviously a great film the normal way.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT