Release date: March 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Nikita
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11089711-1194275946674240.jpg

11089711-1274275946693611.jpg

11089711-1454275946687134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The US blu-ray has an English dub - It's synced fairly well (a lot better than many English dubs I've seen), but the voice actors leave something to be desired - It's not terrible, but I'd rather watch it in French with the English subtitles.

Oh alright, cool to know. I usually prefer the original (ALWAYS the original when it comes to movies with real actors), well the only dubbed (in Finnish) live-action films I've seen are for children. And it would naturally be quite ridiculous for me to even consider watching English dubs, I'm not a native speaker, so there's not really anything to gain. If you want to see Nikita in English, you can just watch Point of No Return right? Haha.

I really dislike pre-ordering Zavvi with all their price drops, in stock/ out of stock games.. but I missed out on 2001 yesterday and don't want to chance Nikita going as well. Bit the bullet and placed an order.

@thecardman23 I doubt that this will sell out, even if 2001 is "out of stock" *cough* Nikita isn't even close being as popular as that. This can easily be compared to other art house steelbooks like David Lynch steels and they're still around as you can see.

@thecardman23 I doubt that this will sell out, even if 2001 is "out of stock" *cough* Nikita isn't even close being as popular as that. This can easily be compared to other art house steelbooks like David Lynch steels and they're still around as you can see.

I hope you're right. I would much prefer to wait and order it on a price drop later...

If its still in stock down the line or I get a discount code I will cancel my pre-order. I just feel terrible about missing 2001.

@ postman - i've had very bad experiences with amazon.de and fr before which is why I dont wish to order the steel from there.

@ postman - i've had very bad experiences with amazon.de and fr before which is why I dont wish to order the steel from there.
When was the last time you ordered from them? Amazon.de now tend to use excellent boxes specifically designed for Steelbooks like Amazon.co.uk (provided you're ordering directly from them and not a third-party seller) :thumbs: - all DE orders in the past few months have come this way with no issues.
Last time I ordered from Amazon.fr they used an A1 mailer and I ended up with a scratched Steelbook (n) though Amazon.fr have used the same UK/DE packaging sometimes in the past for me.

Even when things have gone wrong in the past (as they have with Amazon.fr & Amazon.it for me) I've always ended up with a full refund without having to return the Steelbook, you just need to make sure you contact their English speaking support for the respective sites.

Reactions: C.C. 95
That's a lot of B & W being used, I was hoping for some nice colour on the outside at least. The front looks like some sort of painting effect too, a strange and over exaggerated effect on the right of her lips, like Nikita is bleeding or injured. Not sure about this one now so going to leave it. :( Good luck to all that would like to get a copy though, can't be sure if this one will sell out or not

No, it's true title is Nikita. That's what it's called in France and almost everywhere else. Even the title on the dvd print in the US is Nikita.
Yeah, I remember when it was released. For some reason the U.S. Distribution Company was afraid people would confuse it with the River Phoenix film 'Little Nikita' (even thought that was released 1 1/2 years earlier).
1988_LittleNikita.jpg

I'm also not crazy about the altered image. Hopefully not final art.
With this and 'The Big Blue'- is Zavvi doing a Luc Besson wave?!!
I would love to see 'Subway'!!!
MV5BMTk5MzUwNTk1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODgwMDAzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
I thought surely that must be wrong, but no the current UK bluray does indeed only have French PCM 2.0 Stereo audio (opposed to the US release which has French: Dolby TrueHD 5.1). Weird.
Disc swap...
Actually, I can't remember offhand what the audio is on the Dutch Metalpak...

And unfortunately, no English subtitles.

Yup, terrible specs. Nice metalpak though, and as you mentioned a few posts back @MrBMT there is a nice shine off the gun.

I popped my U.S. disc in this as there was no word of a steel on the horizon. Unfortunately the image seems to be quite squashed on this upcoming steel and it's missing quite a bit of those gorgeous legs and heels :D

The metalpak image is a little better but the regular amaray editions nail it.

Dunno whether to grab this or keep my metalpak. Pink font on the spine is nice though.