Nintendo Switch SteelBooks

OOOOOOOOOOOOO Guuuuurl....knew there was something I was going to bring up on here. Saw it advertised for the Xenoblade chronicles 2 collectors edition and I'm not sure how to feel to be honest although it makes sense with it only holding a small SD card.

My question however is this...Zelda Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the upcoming Super Mario Odyssey WHERE THE F*** was their Steelbooks, even Odyssey which is coming up doesn't have one, what gives. Nintendo has a horrible track records with collectors edition and the contents, they could add so much and they'd sell a ton, look at how wanted the Metroid Samus Returns Legacy Edition is.

Just a shame when games like Zelda and the upcoming Mario could have had beautiful steelbooks. I just don't think Nintendo gets how to do collectors editions sometimes.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
My question however is this...Zelda Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the upcoming Super Mario Odyssey WHERE THE F*** was their Steelbooks, even Odyssey which is coming up doesn't have one, what gives. Nintendo has a horrible track records with collectors edition and the contents, they could add so much and they'd sell a ton, look at how wanted the Metroid Samus Returns Legacy Edition is.

I would totally be down if they did retailer exclusive empty steelbooks, like they did with Tekken 7 at Best Buy. It wasn't a preorder bonus, a bundle or anything. $20, empty case.

I would love a Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2 steelbook, and eventually when I get BotW that too.

• Thanks
Reactions: texansfan26
Makes me wanna buy a switch, then again I have a ps4 steelbook and no ps4
Haha! Reminds me of the time I was buying PS4 Limited Edition sets months before I even bothered to purchase the console. :LOL:

I'm curious though... what PS4 steelbook do you have? :)

Haha! Reminds me of the time I was buying PS4 Limited Edition sets months before I even bothered to purchase the console. :LOL:

I'm curious though... what PS4 steelbook do you have? :)

Dishonored 2 I started collecting ps2 games a few weeks ago and I have been have been hitting pawn shops and thrift stores ran across it in a thrift store and I can't pass up a steelbook. I have two ps3 steels too and I have never owned a ps3 either (assassins creed III and another I can't think of off the top of my head). I just bought 2 ps2 steelbooks off ebay Final Fantasy XII and Resident Evil 4

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Dishonored 2 I started collecting ps2 games a few weeks ago and I have been have been hitting pawn shops and thrift stores ran across it in a thrift store and I can't pass up a steelbook. I have two ps3 steels too and I have never owned a ps3 either (assassins creed III and another I can't think of off the top of my head). I just bought 2 ps2 steelbooks off ebay Final Fantasy XII and Resident Evil 4
Oh, nice! Do you have any intention to ever play them, or is it purely just about collecting the steels?

Oh, nice! Do you have any intention to ever play them, or is it purely just about collecting the steels?

Well yea I will play the Final Fantasy XII and Resident Evil 4 as I bought a ps2 last month and have been playing it tons. I am playing Final Fantasy X and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time right now (tried secret of mana and coildn't get into it might need to go back). I am working my way through the Final Fantasy series I beat 4, 6 and 7 the last few months jumped to 10 as I have never played it. I'd actually have to buy a ps3 and or ps4 to play those and not sure if that will ever happen. I am more of a retro gamer the last new system I bought was the wii in like 2007 or 2008 (although I did buy the snes mini and modded it with 300 games and I got my kids a 3ds). I'd be more likely to buy a switch and get games for that as I like the mobility of it.

• Thanks
Well yea I will play the Final Fantasy XII and Resident Evil 4 as I bought a ps2 last month and have been playing it tons. I am playing Final Fantasy X and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time right now (tried secret of mana and coildn't get into it might need to go back). I am working my way through the Final Fantasy series I beat 4, 6 and 7 the last few months jumped to 10 as I have never played it. I'd actually have to buy a ps3 and or ps4 to play those and not sure if that will ever happen. I am more of a retro gamer the last new system I bought was the wii in like 2007 or 2008 (although I did buy the snes mini and modded it with 300 games and I got my kids a 3ds). I'd be more likely to buy a switch and get games for that as I like the mobility of it.
Well, that's pretty cool... nothing wrong with keeping it retro! Which would you say is your favourite Final Fantasy game so far? I've never played a single one of them. :bag:

By the way... can I ask how you modded your SNES Mini?

• Helpful Post
Pictures :
DSC_0152.JPG DSC_0153.JPG DSC_0154.JPG DSC_0155.JPG