No Country for Old Men (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: No Country for Old Men (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Includes slipcase. Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I like it.
I'm glad I've not caved and did not buy the Canadian steelbook when it was offered to me only recently. (Don't get me wrong, the Canadian steelbook is nice and usually I do not mind bilinguality, but with the blue bar on top and all the text on the front cover, it's just too much.)

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I haven't even seen the movie let alone own any steel for this. Will be ordering and opening this for everyone to see as soon as I get one. Hell might even do an unboxing video!

I'm not a big fan of Zavvi as a retailer. So no need for them to up their game we have enough retailers out there upping their game at the moment.

Not a big fan of that art... I might have been tempted if both the steel and slip weren't exactly the same though. Will stick with my Canadian steelbook for now.

Reactions: Snollygoster
...and good replay value too which is quite rare for drama based films.
100% agree with both of you :thumbs: This is one badass f*cking movie :cool::D Love it!

Fully agree, I must of watched this film at least 10 times,
It was the first film I noticed Bardem even though when I look back at his filmography I had seen him in things before that. Absolutely loved brolin in this too and naturally Tommy. Woodys cool as always too

Great cast, great story, great bad guy - actually I would say an iconic bad guy and that moment in the little gas station too "you married into this?" The guy don't even have a clue what just happened. The dog moment in the water still gets me and the gun fight in the street. Also.
But I am a sucker for a good coen film like Fargo, burn after reading, true grit, big lebowski, Millers crossing, inside llewyn Davis etc (so many more)
Still need to see hail caesar

As for the steel I'm not massive on the art and like I mentioned before I find it so annoying the slip is the same. I can only imagine zavvi will continue this for a while BUT I only own this on DVD so I would like to own this. Maybe I'll just get this out of the new announcements as its a film i love, don't own it in HD and to try out these new slips zavvi have only just realised collectors enjoy lol

The only one I'll be buying at full price with the others hopefully a bit cheaper.
However not enamoured with these slips as too many of them will take away valuable space from my shelves reserved for steelbooks (unless I unseal them and place the slips somewhere else . . . which kind of defeats the object (LOL).
Great film and the best of the offerings with a slipbox and as mentioned previously repays repeated viewing :thumbs:

Quite like the minimalist popart style artwork and the sun-baked earth colouring.
There are however a couple of other choices that might have made for more effective steelbook front covers (IMO):-
no_country_for_old_men_ver7.jpg

P.S. I'd recommend watching CRAWL back-to-back with this - a gritty modern Australian film noir with more than a few touches inspired by NCfOM with a similarly enigmatic though very different looking hitman.

Last edited: