No Country for Old Men (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: No Country for Old Men (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Includes slipcase. Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
You haven't missed anything special @sgmarine ;)
The German steelbook was terrible (you can find pictures on dvdforum). The Canadian effort was better, but still far from perfect. As I'm not aware of any other steelbook of NCfOM, Zavvi's made top of my list (i.e. Zavvi, Canadian, German), even though we haven't seen it "live" yet.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: snooloui
It is great to see another Steelbook release for this brilliant film as the previous editions (Canada and Germany) weren't perfect but I am not a huge fan of this one either. I think it will be a slight improvement overall but that isn't enough for me to consider a purchase at the moment. I think I will hang on to the Canadian edition that I already have for now and hope for a better edition from one of the other retailers in the near future.

I'd say that this steelbook is a smart move as the steelbooks released previously for this film leave a lot to be desired in particular the 2010 Canadian release, taken from one of the lesser original posters (by BLT COMMUNICATIONS, LLC) is not in the same league looks-wise (IMO).
13641_large.jpg
no_country_for_old_men_ver4.jpg

I absolutely loved this film, right up until the very end, which really tarnished the film for me. Such a great film marred by, in my opinion, an anti climax of an end to a story.
Kind of reminds me of IT Follows. Great film, but ruined by an uninspired direction.
Still tempted to get this, as I really enjoyed the vast majority of the film.

• Thanks
Reactions: andy01652
I absolutely loved this film, right up until the very end, which really tarnished the film for me. Such a great film marred by, in my opinion, an anti climax of an end to a story.
Kind of reminds me of IT Follows. Great film, but ruined by an uninspired direction.
Still tempted to get this, as I really enjoyed the vast majority of the film.

i thought that first time (about No Country, not It Follows) but watched it again & when i realised who the main character is i changed my stance. knowing the coen brothers very deliberate misdirection

i thought that first time (about No Country, not It Follows) but watched it again & when i realised who the main character is i changed my stance. knowing the coen brothers very deliberate misdirection
yeah, for me, once i recognised that the main character is Tommy Lee Jones - interesting if you or @Steelselecta think differently on this! -
you realise that it's he who both narrates the intro and speaks the film's final words, and that for him - and people like him - the world has changed too much, and is no longer one for old men. that's also why one of the main characters dies off screen. it doesn't matter - you can't stop what's coming.

all that said, seriously dull artwork. hope that we get a future Plain Archive release.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, for me, once i recognised that the main character is Tommy Lee Jones - interesting if you or @Steelselecta think differently on this! -
you realise that it's he who both narrates the intro and speaks the film's final words, and that for him - and people like him - the world has changed too much, and is no longer one for old men. that's also why one of the main characters dies off screen. it doesn't matter - you can't stop what's coming.

all that said, seriously dull artwork. hope that we get a future Plain Archive release.
I added spoiler tags to your post, we don't want to give any spoilers away to those people that haven't seen the movie yet.