Noah (2014) (2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
OLD: Noah 3D+2D Steelbook (2Disc)(DTS-HD)(Blu-ray)
NEW: Noah 2D Steelbook (DTS-HD)(Blu-ray)

Release date: 01 August, 2014 Friday 08 August, 2014

Purchase link:
JSDVD
Price: NT$1,210
YesAsia
Price:
US$54.99 [~£32.68]
Artwork:

8835noahsb.jpg

Attachments

• Noah-TW.jpg
    Noah-TW.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 250
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
I don't know why they still had it to their website this has been OOS/OOP for a long time, the publishing company has printed very small print as it did not do that well in Taiwan. I personally enjoyed the movie, but I think it could have been a bit better, it's not the type of movie like Divergent that I could watch twice.

And Jeffster15, I agree can't wait to see that slip :D

bad news... :(
the release date has been delayed due to they make a mistake on the slip.

It's only "one disc" in it, but they print "two disc" on the slip, all the Noah steelbook has been recalled by Deltamac.
they have to repackage all of them... i guess they will release it again one week or two weeks later...

and i have no idea why would they make this kind of "mistake"... OTZ

Last edited:
@RabbitChen So is it still 3D or just 2D or maybe 3D & 2D on one disc... suddenly that Korean edition is looking good!

3D and 2D with this length of a movie will not fit on one disk and companies actually never put 3D and 2D together, never once has it been done. Even for the hobbit extended they have to put the 3D movie on 2 discs.

If it's 1 disk it will be only blu-ray theatrical version. I messaged my contact from taiwan which he will contact the production company, waiting for his reply as I also don't know what to do if it's really a mistake they made and it's only 2D (grrrrrr)

NOTE: even if it would be only 1 disk same as Korean, Taiwan will have a nicer slip cover

Reactions: Bluprint
if it has been done I would like to see it and it must have been a very long time ago, in any case if it has been done once before, it's never been done in a long time, it's definitely not done any more. From what I read on wiki 3D contains too much info to use the same disk to add another 2D length feature film. In any case, its pointless to go into this if deltamac has made a mistake and it's only 1 disk it will be the theatrical version. already blu-ray movies uses dual layer disks or more., 3D uses triple layer disks from what I have seen and the max is 4 layer disks.

@Actarus In North America, and France, 20th Century Fox has done many 3D & 2D on the same disc such as Avatar, and I, Robot. Sony has too with atleast one of the last two Resident Evil 3D Blu-ray, I believe it was Retribution. So it's very possible but the process doesn't leave much disc space for bonuses and extras. Your guess is just as good as mine of what this titles dimensionality will be. BUT if this end's up being 2D though, that would make Germany the only 3D Steel and the one to own! :naughty:

Last edited:
@Actarus In North America, and France, 20th Century Fox has done many 3D & 2D on the same disc such as Avatar, and I, Robot. Sony has too with atleast one of the last two Resident Evil 3D Blu-ray, I believe it was Retribution. So it's very possible but the process doesn't leave much disc space for bonuses and extras. Your guess is just as good as mine of what this titles dimensionality will be.

I'm shocked to hear this, not that I don't believe you but already 3D takes so so so much place on the disk, I'm wondering if those versions will have a lesser quality 3D movie. Avatar is known to be one of the best 3D movie, I wonder how many Gigs the 3D movie takes on that dual movie release ahhhh oh WAITTTTTTT come to think of it north america also my copy does too !!! but it;s on the flip side the theatrical ! not on the same side, so I assume it can utilize one side the 3d movie the triple layer on 1 side and the other side for the theatrical release 1 layer... but I guess it could make sense with 4 layer disks.... I wonder though with thse types of releases if 1 side can utilize 3 layer and the flip side only 1 layer of the disk... but it's very not common, only Avatar I personally have seen and I buy everything 3D when available.

@Actarus I've went over the same thoughts, it has to compromise the quality. I would like to know how Avatar 3D & 2D on 1-Disc holds up against the original blu-ray release of Avatar 3D that came with the early Panasonic 3D players. But here's more evidence and 'yes' both 3D & 2D are on the same side of the disc:

ejj0xs.jpg

The back cover on the Avatar states: Disc 1 has both 3D & 2D on one disc ; and the I, Robot 3D & 2D on 1-disc is, well, self explanatory. NOAH is a 20th Century Fox film just like Avatar & I, Robot, so I think that adds reason for optimism on this being both 3D & 2D on 1-disc. Let's keep our finger's crossed, hope for the best...but still pre-order the German edition just in case! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: mlmaier84
@Actarus I've went over the same thoughts, it has to compromise the quality. I would like to know how Avatar 3D & 2D on 1-Disc holds up against the original blu-ray release of Avatar 3D that came with the early Panasonic 3D players. But here's more evidence and 'yes' both 3D & 2D are on the same side of the disc:

The back cover on the Avatar states: Disc 1 has both 3D & 2D on one disc ; and the I, Robot 3D & 2D on 1-disc is, well, self explanatory. NOAH is a 20th Century Fox film just like Avatar & I, Robot, so I think that adds reason for optimism on this being both 3D & 2D on 1-disc. Let's keep our finger's crossed, hope for the best...but still pre-order the German edition just in case! :thumbs:

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT I just checked my Avatar AMARAY and yes indeed the 3D and Blu-ray is on the same side, it really has to be a 4 layer blu-ray disk as if not it would not be possible... but even so, I wonder to see AVATAR that was printed on a single blu-ray taking all the space it needs if it would be better... Although it was pretty awesome even on the same disk... Thanks for pointing it out and proving it to me. I know I have , well we all have, our belief system but it is always nice to learn even though sometimes we think we are right.

although those are very isolated movies and not the norm...

ejj0xs.jpg

I think you'll find that "Noah" is a Paramount title not Fox. Previous Paramount 3D releases such as "World War Z" and "Star Trek Into Darkness" have had separate discs for 2D and 3D. I'm not aware of any Paramount 2D/3D combo discs.

• Informative
I think you'll find that "Noah" is a Paramount title not Fox. Previous Paramount 3D releases such as "World War Z" and "Star Trek Into Darkness" have had separate discs for 2D and 3D. I'm not aware of any Paramount 2D/3D combo discs.

you do bring a good point in terms of company, the same disk 3D 2D is very rare occasion and was not expecting a 2 version release if Taiwan decide to release only one disk, I would assume it will be only 2D...in any case I did ask my contact and can't wait for the reply as I might have to cancel some copies

• Informative
wow wow what happened here? 3D + 2D in one disc? Never heard any paramount titles did that... not a good sign at all... or it'd only 2D-disc (like KR/TH) after all?

it seems that is what is happening, deltamac changed their release from 3D+2D to a single 2D release....still awaiting confirmation

• Informative