Noah raindrop finish/wet look Steelbook

Would you purchase a Noah raindrop finish/wet look Steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I'd have to see the finished product first

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bd251

Premium Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
Ohio, USA
I am planning to make a few of these (10 MAX) from the US Steelbook and wanted to judge the demand for it so I know either how many to make or how to make them available (first come first served or randomly if the demand is high). It will have a sticker and/or certificate which will be numbered. Please note that this is not a GB thread.

Here are some pictures of the Shawshank Redemption Steelbook I made with the raindrop effect. For Noah I would do the raindrop on front and back since the art is rainy on both sides.

20140429_0024141_zps041e520c.gif

Last edited:
Shawshank looks great. My question is how does the gloss hold up over time? For example, if I use a steelbook sleeve, is it going to make the tops of the gloss drops flat and or cloudy after pulling it out a few times? How have you been storing that one and what does it look like now?

Reactions: bd251
This looks very nice. I hope Scanavo maked in the future some steelbooks with this finish. Sadly they do only 2 Blu-ray steelbooks with the crackle finish.

I think this is a really neat idea. Since you are only supplying 10, does that mean you plan on buying 10 copies, adding the effect, and selling them off? I was planning on picking up the steel at bestbuy anyway. Have you thought about having people send you their copies and you charging for the custom finish if there is a large demand? Or is that too much work lol. No idea what it takes do something like this :)

Shawshank looks great. My question is how does the gloss hold up over time? For example, if I use a steelbook sleeve, is it going to make the tops of the gloss drops flat and or cloudy after pulling it out a few times? How have you been storing that one and what does it look like now?
I have mine displayed without any sleeve or anything. The raindrop dries hard. Mine looks the same after a few months as it did when it finished drying.
I think this is a really neat idea. Since you are only supplying 10, does that mean you plan on buying 10 copies, adding the effect, and selling them off? I was planning on picking up the steel at bestbuy anyway. Have you thought about having people send you their copies and you charging for the custom finish if there is a large demand? Or is that too much work lol. No idea what it takes do something like this :)
Yes, that's the plan. I'll only be doing the 10 and numbering them with a sticker or something. If you have any other steels you want custom finished, I'll be happy to do it for you:)

Just picked up my at bestbuy, so just to double check. Can you still do custom finish on other people copies after you do your 10? Seems really awesomee :)

Just picked up my at bestbuy, so just to double check. Can you still do custom finish on other people copies after you do your 10? Seems really awesomee :)
I'm doing the 10. They will be numbered 1-10. Group buy will be up as soon as I have them all in hand. I got 3 in store today and 9 more are being shipped to me. I'll post here when it is live, so make sure you are subscribed to this thread. Price will be around $30.

Reactions: Jb162009
hi,

can you message me the costs for posting to the uk?

many thanks :)

UK postage should be around $15 via USPS first class (no tracking). The group buy will be posted in the group buy forum, so you'll want to have access to it (get your post count up).

UK postage should be around $15 via USPS first class (no tracking). The group buy will be posted in the group buy forum, so you'll want to have access to it (get your post count up).

sorry to say im rather new here having spent most of my time on blu-ray.com forums so still getting used to the layout :( but slowly learning :)

Some bad news guys... Shipment of my online order was delayed until the middle/end of August:( The GB will have to wait until I get back from my vacation. The week of August 24. I'll make a sample for you guys before I leave next weekend. My original plan was to have all of them made before I left so they could completely dry while I was gone. Obviously that's not going to happen anymore:(

The reason I'm not going to do the GB right now is because I can't guarantee 10 mint Steelbooks (Best Buy doesn't know how to pack Steelbooks for shipping) or replacement for any damaged ones if it becomes sold out. I did order extras, but like I said, Best Buy can't pack a Steelbook. Sorry for this delay. I'll keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.