Noodles' Setup

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Apologies for the grainy photos, but these were taken on my phone which doesn't perform very well under artificial lighting. I'll try and get some better quality/more detailed shots up soon!

This is basically just my bedroom by the way, so everything is obviously a bit crammed in... unfortunately I lack the space for my bigger blu-ray and gaming editions, and all of my DVD's are still boxed away too. :(

Here's how it looked not too long after I'd finished decorating and putting together the furniture (minus my bed which I stood on to take most of the photos :p)...

My TV setup (I'm hoping to eventually upgrade to a better/bigger TV now I have the room for one)...

And the majority of my blu-ray collection...

Now I just need to get some shelves and posters hung up on the walls.

Thanks for looking! :)

14709432_185546308561949_736867983988621312_n.jpg

Last edited:
I actually bought the cube Wall-E for my niece to play with when she came over, but I liked it so much that I kept it on my shelf rather than in her toy box. :p

My old room was tiny too and a really odd shape, so I could only just fit my bed and a wardrobe in there... any other bit of space I had was occupied by stacks of boxes with all my films and games in, which also eventually spilled out on to the landing.

Are you planning to organize all your stuff at some point mate, or are you still thinking of just leaving it all in case you do move out? I was kind of in a similar situation... I liked to think I'd move out sooner or later, but 10 years passed and that still looked pretty unlikely, so I decided to spend the money I'd saved redecorating the spare room instead, which is now my new bedroom.

No rush with the pics dude... leave it until you're happy with everything if you want. I'd die if anyone saw the state of my old room... it genuinely looked like one of the houses you see on those hoarder TV shows. :bag:

Hah, I've done that before with the odd present lol.

I was planning to organise it all and then my mum and her fella decided to sell the house but we took it off the market when my sis came back from austraila for bit. That was a year ago and she keeps saying she's selling it and putting it back up so I'm in a tough position. Plus with work which I keep going in and out off its hard for me to currently move out.

All I get is moaned at for the boxes and get called a horder. It winds her up so much and every time my response is "but you don't understand, if I move out I need these boxes to move my stuff out with" (trying to explain I'm not putting steels in any old box lol) and she don't get it lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Hah, I've done that before with the odd present lol.

I was planning to organise it all and then my mum and her fella decided to sell the house but we took it off the market when my sis came back from austraila for bit. That was a year ago and she keeps saying she's selling it and putting it back up so I'm in a tough position. Plus with work which I keep going in and out off its hard for me to currently move out.

All I get is moaned at for the boxes and get called a horder. It winds her up so much and every time my response is "but you don't understand, if I move out I need these boxes to move my stuff out with" (trying to explain I'm not putting steels in any old box lol) and she don't get it lol
Hmm that sucks... certainly doesn't make it an easy decision!

Ha I totally get that, because my mum is the same... for years she'd been moaning about the boxes and telling me to get rid of them, and then when I finally did a few weeks ago she was complaining that I'd filled the bin with cardboard... I can't bloody win! She also gets in a huff every time I receive a package in the post, but lately I've just been telling her they're Christmas presents for people. :p

Good point though mate. Plus, if you got rid of the boxes, then the stuff that's in them would only be sat around loose and looking even more untidy. Maybe you should decorate all the boxes with floral patterns or something so they look more attractive to her. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Be careful with that... people will start to think you collect cases instead. :p

I used to store all of my films in cardboard boxes, and my dad always used to jokingly ask me if I collected boxes because my room was full of them. :LOL:
Haha yeah I don't have too many of those cases, just a few. They have room for the artwork as well as the discs so they look decent. I would prefer to keep them all displayed but I'm always runnin out of room. Everywhere you look there's DVD's!:rofl:

• Thanks
Excellent set up and very professional looking. You have been busy

Love all the statues and your drive section

Whats the wall.E thing next to your Disney steels?
Is the sin city box set at the top the editon with the books that the first film is based on?

My room is a massive mess but maybe one day I'll show pics

I also have loads of posters/ prints in tubes stored away I need to get frames for (I used to buy them back in the day for when I had my own place but that hasn't happened yet lol. Some cool special libertines poster and a rare arctic monkeys and Dan le sac vs. Scroobious pip prints)
Sorry bud... just realised I never answered your question about the Sin City box set.

It's this edition... http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/sin-city-ultimate-killer-edition/10985783.html

• Thanks
Hmm that sucks... certainly doesn't make it an easy decision!

Ha I totally get that, because my mum is the same... for years she'd been moaning about the boxes and telling me to get rid of them, and then when I finally did a few weeks ago she was complaining that I'd filled the bin with cardboard... I can't bloody win! She also gets in a huff every time I receive a package in the post, but lately I've just been telling her they're Christmas presents for people. :p

Good point though mate. Plus, if you got rid of the boxes, then the stuff that's in them would only be sat around loose and looking even more untidy. Maybe you should decorate all the boxes with floral patterns or something so they look more attractive to her. :LOL:

Yeah i forgot about the grief I get for getting post every week sometimes a few days in a row lol
Always on my case. I have to hide stuff or get to the post before anyones in lol

My excuse is, oh i ordered it ages ago and forgot to cancel so it's going back lol

• Thanks
  • Thanks
Ah ok. Cheers

Years and years ago I ordered a box set for the first film with the 3 books but it never got delivered to my house. Never got around to re ordering. Thought it might of been that
Ah, is that the DVD set? I have that boxed away somewhere. I hope you were refunded!

• Thanks
Ah, is that the DVD set? I have that boxed away somewhere. I hope you were refunded!

Yea I believe it was. Don't think blu Rays were big then, or even around. This was like 10 years ago.

Oh yeah was refunded

• Thanks
Yea I believe it was. Don't think blu Rays were big then, or even around. This was like 10 years ago.

Oh yeah was refunded
Ha yeah, they weren't. Sucks to think I have so many cool DVD editions that I never got to display, because blu-ray soon came around and I don't have the room for DVDs anymore. Do you still buy DVDs at all mate?

• Thanks
Nicely done!:thumbs: Great looking setup.
Btw- you don't need to say "looking for bigger/better" TV. We will ALWAYS be on the cusp of the next "Bigger Better"! There is no end to that!:rofl:
P.S. - if you need more space later, three words: Hanging Loft Bed!:rofl:
View attachment 273392
Thanks dude. :D

True! I'm always a few steps behind when it comes to TVs though, as I don't upgrade every time they add new technology to them like most seem to... even now I'll still probably wait for a few years until the prices on 4K TVs come down.

That bed looks pretty sweet, although I had a loft bed in my old room and I swore to never get another one. The older I got, the harder it was for me to get in and out of it... every morning I lay in bed for up to an hour trying to psyche myself up to climb out of the damn thing. :LOL:

Ha yeah, they weren't. Sucks to think I have so many cool DVD editions that I never got to display, because blu-ray soon came around and I don't have the room for DVDs anymore. Do you still buy DVDs at all mate?

I've still got all my DVDs but majority are in boxes except a few I have out in like the tatantino DVD's and some box sets like league of gentlemen etc

(Also a big section of my DVD's are comedy series like the office, partridge, peep show, boosh and stand up DVDs too etc and series like family guy, spaced, lost so I won't ever get rid of them)

I've bought the odd couple here and there over the past few years

Like the x men animated collection seasons 1-5, spiderman, batman animated series, looney tunes box set, adventure time, twin peaks box set, last series of peep show and the Japanese kill bill box set with the extended version and full colour fight scene for example.

Also I always have a stack of films to watch at some point and becaue all the DVDs are in boxes I get a stack of films I might want to watch and go through them. I don't have all my films converted to blu Ray. Plus if there's one i fancy I know what box it's in anyway

Apart from that any DVD that comes with a steelbook, which Is rarer nowadays.

• Thanks
Thanks dude. :D

True! I'm always a few steps behind when it comes to TVs though, as I don't upgrade every time they add new technology to them like most seem to... even now I'll still probably wait for a few years until the prices on 4K TVs come down.

That bed looks pretty sweet, although I had a loft bed in my old room and I swore to never get another one. The older I got, the harder it was for me to get in and out of it... every morning I lay in bed for up to an hour trying to psyche myself up to climb out of the damn thing. :LOL:
As a new tech "first adopter" for over 25 years I can tell you that I consider 1080p the zenith. 4K is an incremental nudge that will mostly be a placebo illusion for most folks (because it has zero effect unless it is over 70" screen).
There is no reason at all to jump into that now. Most DIs are still 2k anyway. The push for 4k is largely a financial one pushed by the industry. The jump between 1080 to 4k is not even remotely as dramatic as the the jump from 480 to 1080. (And there so little content out there anyway). Save your money, and enjoy glorious 1080p.:thumbs:
- damn!, I didn't even think about getting out of bed in the loft bed. You could break a leg just by being too sleepy!

• Thanks
I've still got all my DVDs but majority are in boxes except a few I have out in like the tatantino DVD's and some box sets like league of gentlemen etc

(Also a big section of my DVD's are comedy series like the office, partridge, peep show, boosh and stand up DVDs too etc and series like family guy, spaced, lost so I won't ever get rid of them)

I've bought the odd couple here and there over the past few years

Like the x men animated collection seasons 1-5, spiderman, batman animated series, looney tunes box set, adventure time, twin peaks box set, last series of peep show and the Japanese kill bill box set with the extended version and full colour fight scene for example.

Also I always have a stack of films to watch at some point and becaue all the DVDs are in boxes I get a stack of films I might want to watch and go through them. I don't have all my films converted to blu Ray. Plus if there's one i fancy I know what box it's in anyway

Apart from that any DVD that comes with a steelbook, which Is rarer nowadays.
Sorry for the late reply... I forgot to check my own thread for new posts. :LOL:

Now that you mention it... I'm half tempted to get all my Tarantino DVD editions out and make room for them, because some are so cool that it's a crime not to have them on display! I also have those Japanese Kill Bill sets you mentioned... they've always been two of my favourite editions, even now.

Same goes for Lost... I forgot how many editions of the show I owned until I was unpacking stuff the other week. I have a few more somewhere (including the blu-ray box set), but here's a photo of what I've found so far...

Do you have many DVD steelbooks? I have boxes of them I need to go through and sell... not sure if they're worth much nowadays though.

• Thanks
As a new tech "first adopter" for over 25 years I can tell you that I consider 1080p the zenith. 4K is an incremental nudge that will mostly be a placebo illusion for most folks (because it has zero effect unless it is over 70" screen).
There is no reason at all to jump into that now. Most DIs are still 2k anyway. The push for 4k is largely a financial one pushed by the industry. The jump between 1080 to 4k is not even remotely as dramatic as the the jump from 480 to 1080. (And there so little content out there anyway). Save your money, and enjoy glorious 1080p.:thumbs:
- damn!, I didn't even think about getting out of bed in the loft bed. You could break a leg just by being too sleepy!
Apologies for the late reply, but I completely forgot about this thread. :facepalm:

Honestly, I wasn't fussed about 4K until certain mates of mine started banging on about it... I'm not sure if it makes a bigger difference for games than it does blus, but they apparently noticed a huge difference after upgrading their TVs. I'm yet to see it for myself though, so I can't comment. Think I'll take your advice anyway and just stick with 1080 for now... it's not like I sit there thinking "damn, I wish the quality was better" every time I watch a film, so I've really no need to fork out hundreds of pounds on something that's only a slight improvement of what I already have. What I really need is a region free blu-ray player!

Reactions: Flloydo and C.C. 95
Thanks buddy. Mine's nothing compared to yours though! Just been looking through your thread like :OMG:.

Big or small, it's all in the display, and you have a top notch setup! :)

As for 4k, I've seen the difference compared to 1080p on less than 80" screens and while there is a slight improvement over 1080p, it's not as noticable as larger screens. The colors seem to pop a bit more and that is all I really noticed. If I had to buy another TV right now, and the difference between a 1080p and 4k set was a couple hundred bucks, I'd go with 4k. However, if I wanted to save a couple hundred bucks, I wouldn't lose any sleep over not getting a 4k set.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Apologies for the late reply, but I completely forgot about this thread. :facepalm:

Honestly, I wasn't fussed about 4K until certain mates of mine started banging on about it... I'm not sure if it makes a bigger difference for games than it does blus, but they apparently noticed a huge difference after upgrading their TVs. I'm yet to see it for myself though, so I can't comment. Think I'll take your advice anyway and just stick with 1080 for now... it's not like I sit there thinking "damn, I wish the quality was better" every time I watch a film, so I've really no need to fork out hundreds of pounds on something that's only a slight improvement of what I already have. What I really need is a region free blu-ray player!
With gaming, what people are really ooing and ahhing about is the higher frame rate (60 vs. 30). That IS a noticable difference, although a matter of taste once again. I just started playing The Last Of Us on PS4... and the HFR is not something I love. (I switched it back to 30 FPS). So There is aesthetic taste there. 60 FPS felt like a cheap soap opera, and 30 felt like a movie. For me, the only thing that is exciting about the newer tvs are the High Dynamic Color range and deeper blacks. (And if you DID get a 4K, OLED is the only way to go).
On the other hand, a REGION FREE player is a must!! (But be prepared to be poor, as all of a sudden - the world is yours, and there is no movie you cannot own!).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo