DVD Northern Exposure - The Complete Series Box set (3000 Limited Edition) [Germany]

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
Price: €134.99
Released: December 11, 2015
Purchase at Amazon.de HERE
image.jpeg

(Not my pictures)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Joel Fleishman is fresh out of medical college, and fresh out of luck. Failing to read the fine print in his scholarship conditions, he finds he has no choice but to move to the remote and somewhat eccentric town of Cicely, in the wilds of Alaska. Once there, he is welcomed by the peculiar locals who are not keen to see him go, most especially Maurice Minnifield, the ex-NASA astronaut. Despite Joel's adamant denials, one gets the impression that he enjoys life in Cicely more than he admits.

All six season with 110 episodes finally appear for the first time all on DVD - recorded entirely in a limited collector's wooden box with many extras.

Content:
- 28 DVDs in a high-quality wooden box
- unpublished deleted scenes and other outtakes (with German subtitles)
- fan book
- 2 Poster
- postcard Set
- Sticker Set
- Coasters
- physician ID with personal Editions number
- language: German & English
- over 5 hours Bonus material (English with German subtitles)
- Limited to 3000 boxes
  • Format: Box set
  • Language: German (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
  • Aspect Ratio: 4: 3 - 1:33: 1
  • Number of Discs: 28
  • Rated: PG-6 years
  • Studio: Turbine Home Entertainment (Rough Trade Distribution)
  • Release date: 11th December 2015
  • Production year: 1995
  • Running time: 4950 minutes

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
This got by me. I only just found out about it. Why is it important?
This is the ONLY collection of NORTHERN EXPOSURE that has the ORIGINAL music intact!!
As fans know - more than almost any other TV Show - The eclectic music that was woven throughout the series and episodes of NE were as much a part of the show as any other element.
When the U.S. DVDs were released with replacement music, fans across the world were outraged and saddened.
The music was an essential character in the show. The reason for replacing the original music was that the sheer AMOUNT of music used in the show made it a Herculean task to A) track down all the artists whose songs were used throughout the show's 6 year run and B) Re-secure the rights. (At probably a very HIGH cost)...This was not something rights holder NBC wanted to do.
But these issues are apparently not a problem for the release in Germany! :thumbs:
These are the shows as they aired with the complete soundtracks for each episode!
This is amazing! So if you are a Cicelian, go get one of the 3000 that remain!
The DVDs are complete with English soundtrack and German. (No subs for either).

Last edited:
Thanks so much for taking the time to post all valuable information regarding this television show. I ordered the boxset recently and it arrived on Monday. I had to purchase a multi-region DVD player in order to view them, but it was well worth the investment. The original music is included and I couldn't be happier. I consider this to be the "Holy Grail" for all hardcore Northern Exposure fans. Thanks again for the great tip!

This got by me. I only just found out about it. Why is it important?
This is the ONLY collection of NORTHERN EXPOSURE that has the ORIGINAL music intact!!
As fans know - more than almost any other TV Show - The eclectic music that was woven throughout the series and episodes of NE were as much a part of the show as any other element.
When the U.S. DVDs were released with replacement music, fans across the world were outraged and saddened.
The music was an essential character in the show. The reason for replacing the original music was that the sheer AMOUNT of music used in the show made it a Herculean task to A) track down all the artists whose songs were used throughout the show's 6 year run and B) Re-secure the rights. (At probably a very HIGH cost)...This was not something rights holder NBC wanted to do.
But these issues are apparently not a problem for the release in Germany! :thumbs:
These are the shows as they aired with the complete soundtracks for each episode!
This is amazing! So if you are a Cicelian, go get one of the 3000 that remain!
The DVDs are complete with English soundtrack and German. (No subs for either).
OMG...must own. One of the best TV series ever.
Thanks for posting.