Jan 14, 2012
Estonia
Release date: 18th November 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon UK - £29.99
Zavvi.com - £19.99

nosferatu.jpg

51X6HgZFOuL.jpg

Eureka! Entertainment and The Masters of Cinema Series are delighted to announce the Halloween 2013 theatrical and home video releases of an eagerly awaited new restoration of F. W. Murnau's legendary silent cinema horror classic Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror (1922), expertly restored in Germany by the world-renowned Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung (FWMS).

This revival of a horror classic, one of the most famous of all silent films, follows Eureka! Entertainment's hugely successful restoration showcases of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927) in 2010 and Carl Theodor Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) in 2012.

Nosferatu's UK theatrical run will be co-ordinated by Eureka! Entertainment and will open in selected cinemas nationwide on Friday October 25, 2013, just in time for Halloween. Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow with a raft of special features to be announced nearer the release date, as part of Eureka! Entertainment's award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series.

Steelbook confirmed via Twitter:
We're thrilled to announce that F. W. Murnau's masterpiece NOSFERATU will see a Halloween 2013 theatrical release, followed by MoC Blu-ray, in a new restoration. The Blu-ray and DVD will follow in November with new special features, and will be available in a SteelBook edition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 301
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
This calls for a great cover design. I would like the front cover to have him carrying the coffin embossed!

Wow. Classic film. We're lucky to still have it at all. This is a release worth getting excited about!

Just remember to keep it out of the sun, or Orlok will vanish from the cover! :hilarious:

Loads of great artwork around for this so the steel should look magnificent. I hope they aren't tempted to go with any gimmicky embossing, though. The MoC steels are extremely classy as they are and don't need it.

Reactions: MK50
This is outstanding news - Nosferato is THE vampire film that set the standard, this vampire and the one out of Salems Lot still scare the living daylights out of me. This is a day one purchase without a doubt!! EEK!EEK!EEK!

It's been a while since we last had a Masters Of Cinema SteelBook release - I don't think we've had one this year so far. It will be nice to add to my small Eureka collection :)