Jan 14, 2012
Estonia
Release date: 18th November 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon UK - £29.99
Zavvi.com - £19.99

nosferatu.jpg

51X6HgZFOuL.jpg

Eureka! Entertainment and The Masters of Cinema Series are delighted to announce the Halloween 2013 theatrical and home video releases of an eagerly awaited new restoration of F. W. Murnau's legendary silent cinema horror classic Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror (1922), expertly restored in Germany by the world-renowned Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung (FWMS).

This revival of a horror classic, one of the most famous of all silent films, follows Eureka! Entertainment's hugely successful restoration showcases of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927) in 2010 and Carl Theodor Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) in 2012.

Nosferatu's UK theatrical run will be co-ordinated by Eureka! Entertainment and will open in selected cinemas nationwide on Friday October 25, 2013, just in time for Halloween. Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow with a raft of special features to be announced nearer the release date, as part of Eureka! Entertainment's award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series.

Steelbook confirmed via Twitter:
We're thrilled to announce that F. W. Murnau's masterpiece NOSFERATU will see a Halloween 2013 theatrical release, followed by MoC Blu-ray, in a new restoration. The Blu-ray and DVD will follow in November with new special features, and will be available in a SteelBook edition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 291
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 291
Last edited by a moderator:
lol at people get bitchy at the artwork. its classy. pure class.

cant believe people get picky about the artwork which is great, for a classic film, but get all excited about pain and gain, which is total garbage on every level.

the eureka steelbooks are not for those who would get excited about pain and gain and all the rest of those trashy films with banal artwork.

No-one is getting bitchy at the artwork. The front is awesome and the inside is fine, it's the back that is totally awful. I know that Masters of Cinema releases never have back artwork, but at least the colours are somewhat similar on their previous releases.

Disagree completely - it's a great colour and pops just as much if not more than their previous releases. The back and spine are blue on the amaray, the DVD AND the old DVD. Suits the film in my eyes as some parts are blue.

Reactions: terry44 and levi
Sorry to bump an old thread, but incase anyone was looking in the UK. Fopp Stores have these going for £12 a pop.

Cheapest since the £9 Sainsburys crazy Sale which I'm gutted I missed.

This has a handfull of extras and a booklet yeh, and the steel and print are honestly amazing, one of the best restorations of a film i have ever seen! Its the version with the tinted/blue and orange filters for day and night, the full black and white release is an unnoficial release and technically shouldnt exhist. I"m not sure about the Kino vesion, i'm not sure about the different cuts, i guess its a German and international cut? Anyway, i highly reccoment this version, unless Kino used the same print as MoC which i doubt due to regions, then you won't find a better looking print than this... ;)

Are all the extras included on the DVD?
IOW, if I get the blu-ray only amray edition from Eureka, will I be missing any content?

Currently £12.00 with free worldwide shipping directly from Eureka:

http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/offers/new.html

Thanks for the information. I wasn't previously aware that Eureka sold direct to customers.

I've had "Nosferatu" languishing in my shopping baskets at both amazon.co.uk and play.com for months now waiting for the price to drop. So jumped on both this and "Dr Mabuse: Der Spieler" for only £12 each.

Also took the opportunity to obtain the steelbooks of "Das Testament der Dr Mabuse", "Cleopatra" and "The Passion of Joan of Ark" for only £12.99 each.

Looking through their catalogue of available titles makes one's mouth water at the thought that some may eventually see a steelbook release.

Reactions: hayemaker
You know, their site is tricky. I still don't think you can go to the shop from the Eureka site. Someone in a forum once told me to google "eureka offers"...that's how I found it, then bookmarked it.