Worldwide Nova Media - 50% OFF Dec 1 - Dec 31

I'm cancelling Christmas and giving all my money to Nova!
So far I've purchased:
- Nightcrawler
- Demolition
- While We're Young
- A Simple Man
- Mulholland Drive
- Requiem for a Dream

I also currently have John Wick 1 And 2, Pandorum, Mechanic Resurrection, A Serious Man, Hairspray, Project A, Police Story Trilogy, Armour of God Collection and Wheels on Meals all sat in my cart with my finger hovering over the checkout button.

Just have to hope that the lovely people at customs are going to be to busy to stop my parcels.....

By the way, I have to recommend My Life as a Courgette - it's a gorgeous edition of a really fantastic film

Annoyingly I had just bought Eternal Sunshine a couple of weeks ago :(

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Are Nova no longer customs friendly? My order just got hit with a £11 (and 1 pence :greedy:) customs charge. I suppose I can't complain too much, since the items were already reduced, but it looks like I'll be ordering through Kimchi from now on (unless they're Nova exclusives, of course). T'was nice while it lasted anywho!

Are Nova no longer customs friendly? My order just got hit with a £11 (and 1 pence :greedy:) customs charge. I suppose I can't complain too much, since the items were already reduced, but it looks like I'll be ordering through Kimchi from now on (unless they're Nova exclusives, of course). T'was nice while it lasted anywho!
Do kimchi have a hub in the UK? I always seem to remember there being a Royal Mail postage label on packages. Last 2 times I've ordered from Nova I've been hit. Kimchi, HDZ and Mantlab always seem ok for me (touch wood!)

Probably just got unlucky and they got pulled randomly.

Customs are probably working extra shifts around the clock with all the extra heavy holiday postage......

Do kimchi have a hub in the UK? I always seem to remember there being a Royal Mail postage label on packages. Last 2 times I've ordered from Nova I've been hit. Kimchi, HDZ and Mantlab always seem ok for me (touch wood!)
No idea about a UK hub. I've received packages from Manta this week and didn't get hit, thanks to them marking down the cost "incorrectly". :whistle:

I'm yet to see how Kimchi marked my package though, since it's still stuck with Royal Mail at the moment, and probably will be until after Xmas now. :(

Probably just got unlucky and they got pulled randomly.

Customs are probably working extra shifts around the clock with all the extra heavy holiday postage......
Maybe. I actually just received another package from them last week which cost even more than the one that got hit, and yet that avoided customs. I'm not going to risk it again with Nova though... better safe than sorry! :)

Maybe. I actually just received another package from them last week which cost even more than the one that got hit, and yet that avoided customs. I'm not going to risk it again with Nova though... better safe than sorry! :)
I believe their "default value" is US$ 20. Would that already trigger a customs hit?

Anyway, I always email Novamedia's customer support after placing an order, and they reply quickly and use the requested value accurately :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles
I believe their "default value" is US$ 20. Would that already trigger a customs hit?

Anyway, I always email Novamedia's customer support after placing an order, and they reply quickly and use the requested value accurately :thumbs:
$20 is usually what they put on my packages too (same goes for other overseas retailers) and I've never had any issues, so it'll be interesting to see what the declared price is this time around. Guess I'll use your advice in future and contact them after I make a purchase. ;)

both packages I got the last days were marked $20

^ Likewise. Received 3 packages from them this week and all were marked $20 usd. Never had Customs (Canadian) hit me yet.
I've received packages from , Nova, Manta, Blufans, FAC and HDZ all without Customs hits.
The only time I've been hit in fact, was ordering the Indicator Box Sets of Sinbad and the Harryhausen Vols 1 & 2 via Amazon.uk. !

Think someone is walking mine up from London :hilarious:

nova.PNG

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Picked this up today and paid the fee. No idea why it got hit with customs though... the limit for UK is apparently still £15, and Nova marked the value at $20 as they usually do. Plus there's no sign of the box being opened/checked - not that it would've made a difference, since there's nothing inside that indicates the true value. :confused:

I'm half tempted to ring the number I was given and complain, but considering the declared price is *ahem* false, it's probably not worth it. I'm likely to believe what @BluSteel2012 suggested anyway... staff working extra shifts over the Christmas period and doing more intense checks or something. Just my luck that the Grinch would pull mine aside and whack a fee on it for no particular reason. :rolleyes: