Numbers Built

Nov 18, 2013
Anyone here got definitive numbers of how many Bond Steelbooks there are? Just curious how 'limited' they actually are. I'm wondering just how limited the Star Trek 10 titles in steel are also. I've a sneaking suspicion that Zavvi etc. say '1500/2000' but the real figure nearer 5000.... does any body know for sure?

Anyone here got definitive numbers of how many Bond Steelbooks there are? Just curious how 'limited' they actually are. I'm wondering just how limited the Star Trek 10 titles in steel are also. I've a sneaking suspicion that Zavvi etc. say '1500/2000' but the real figure nearer 5000.... does any body know for sure?

The only people that really know for sure would be Zavvi, Scanavo (the steelbook folks), or the studio.

Since we don't often get numbers from that group, here's actually what was printed, I think you can make an educated guess here or there.

1) Is the price for the steelbook cheaper than you would normally expect on a "new release catalog" steelbook? If so, they probably printed a lot of copies.

2) Is the price for the steelbook higher than you would normally expect on a "new release catalog" steelbook? If so, they probably printed less copies and charging more for each one as a result.

You can also play a guess here or there with the studio. Paramount (Star Trek) usually prints a large run, and if it's in other markets - like the same steelbook appears in Germany or something, then you know they printed a lot of them.

The only people that really know for sure would be Zavvi, Scanavo (the steelbook folks), or the studio.

Since we don't often get numbers from that group, here's actually what was printed, I think you can make an educated guess here or there.

1) Is the price for the steelbook cheaper than you would normally expect on a "new release catalog" steelbook? If so, they probably printed a lot of copies.

2) Is the price for the steelbook higher than you would normally expect on a "new release catalog" steelbook? If so, they probably printed less copies and charging more for each one as a result.

You can also play a guess here or there with the studio. Paramount (Star Trek) usually prints a large run, and if it's in other markets - like the same steelbook appears in Germany or something, then you know they printed a lot of them.
So 'limited print run' doesn't really mean anything? I've noticed that Zavvi still have Bond Steelbooks for sale. Unless they hold back a certain amount and let them trickle back onto the market periodically?? Would love to know how limited they are though. Re: Star Trek steelbooks - I'm looking to collect the 10 but I wonder which ones are rarer compared to the others so I can start there and not miss out on any (or spend months trawling ebay to complete the set)

So 'limited print run' doesn't really mean anything? I've noticed that Zavvi still have Bond Steelbooks for sale. Unless they hold back a certain amount and let them trickle back onto the market periodically?? Would love to know how limited they are though. Re: Star Trek steelbooks - I'm looking to collect the 10 but I wonder which ones are rarer compared to the others so I can start there and not miss out on any (or spend months trawling ebay to complete the set)

Limited run could mean anything. Let's say I'm a retailer - I print 500. That's limited. Let's say I print 5,000. That's limited. In the USA it's not uncommon to have a special edition with 100,000 copies. So depending on your location, limited might mean different things, based on the retailer or title.

Yeah, on some of these titles - they might have them at their warehouse for shipping. If it's a bigger run, the studio might have them warehoused for global (retailer) distribution and release them to the retailer at X amount at X time. It's really different depending on the studio and retailer, so hard to say for sure what a certain one like Zavvi might be doing.

I think with the Star Trek steelbooks you can be pretty safe in taking your time in getting them as your budget allows. I wouldn't let it go 2 years, or anything, but getting one a month might work.

• Thanks
Reactions: Delamer