Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie in Development

• Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
  • The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Reactions
57,349 3 0
Last edited:

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,640 0 0
Is the third movie in the solo trilogy or is this seperate?

I know it was up in the air if it would be a yoda or boba or obi etc etc story

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Reactions
57,349 3 0
Is the third movie in the solo trilogy or is this seperate?

I know it was up in the air if it would be a yoda or boba or obi etc etc story
Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be part of their Anthology series (along with Rogue One and the Han Solo movie).

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,640 0 0
Interesting! :hungry:

Just as long as Ewan McGregor is back, that's all I care about! :notworthy: If not then what the hell is the point! :confused:
I half agree

He's terrible in phantom menace but he got better. I love him most in the 3rd but his script is awful. Things like at the start when the elevator is going up and down and anikan jumps in. Obis reaction is powering up his saber and saying "oh it's you"!! your a f*cking Jedi mate you should know. Also when they get trapped at the start in the force field thing "how did this happen, we are much smarter than this"!!! It's so stupid lol. although I don't blame him for the script he's delivery is still wooden. He's best toward the end especially in the final fight. That last speech he gives is his best bit of acting in the whole trilogy "you was supposed to destroy the sith not join it" etc

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ever since the Anthology movies have been announced, I've been dreaming of a Kenobi backstory. What has he been doing for more than 20 years on Tattoine? Did he had to fight against the Empire to hide his presence from his old Padawan???
01.jpg

And YEAH!!! WE NEED McGregor!!!!!

Last edited:

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Reactions
1,436 0 0
Would love to see a story pre-A New Hope of what Kenobi does after he delivers Luke to Tattooine. I'd like it to be a little more than, he just sat around waiting for Luke to grow up. Especially after Yoda says in Revenge of the Sith: "An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force. Your old master. How to commune with him I will teach you."

Clearly, that is referring Qui-Gon possibly becoming a Force Ghost. So why not bring back Liam Neeson, not nessessarily in a massive role, but at least some way to further guide Kenobi. The ending of Revenge of the Sith leaves the Jedi Order in disarray and a new Sith controlled galaxy, so I can't believe that Kenobi would just become a hermit straight away. There must be some unfinished business.

Put me down as another who would like to see a Ewan McGregor return. Yeah, I agree with some that he was a little 'green' to the role shall we say, but in Ep 2 & 3 I think he started to get it a whole lot more.

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
31,167 0 0
My favorite bit of Star Wars stupidity:
Obi Wan Kenobi goes into deep hiding by using the name " Ben Kenobi ".:rofl: These Jedi's are not rocket surgeons are they?:hilarious:
I hope in The Last Jedi, we find that Luke Skywalker went into deep cover too - living in solitude in the hills, and the locals know him as "that weird hermit, Todd Skywalker".:LOL:

Last edited:

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,640 0 0
My favorite bit of Star Wars stupidity:
Obi Wan Kenobi goes into deep hiding by using the name " Ben Kenobi ".:rofl: These Jedi's are not rocket surgeons are they?:hilarious:
I hope in The Last Jedi, we find that Luke Skywalker went into deep cover too - living in solitude in the hills, and the locals know him as "that weird hermit, Todd Skywalker".:LOL:
:LOL: Todd skywalker lol

When the fudge did you become a contributor? Congrats mate

Was that for gifs and memes? :rolleyes: :p