OFFICIAL EURO 2016 THREAD

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
image.jpg

All the Euro 2016 chat in here :)

ah well doesn't matter much now hope Portugal win :)

Yeah, hope that because you're pissed with France and/or the ref, that the team that won only a single game in regular time (two games including extra time), and would not have gotten to the round of 16 if not for the rules everyone decried (having 24 teams instead of 16), that they should win the tournament, great reasoning :)

There was two blatant stonewall penalties in that game that could have been awarded to Germany

Just as accurate as the "saddest penalty" comment, because this is one of those blatant penalties:

He shot, he fell afterwards because if there's contact in the box it's after he shot, that's not a penalty kick.

Last edited:
Yeah, hope that because you're pissed with France and/or the ref, that the team that won only a single game in regular time (two games including extra time), and would not have gotten to the round of 16 if not for the rules everyone decried (having 24 teams instead of 16), that they should win the tournament, great reasoning :)

Just as accurate as the "saddest penalty" comment, because this is one of those blatant penalties:

He shot, he fell afterwards because if there's contact in the box it's after he shot, that's not a penalty kick.

Hahaha....

Football is football it's not really about reasoning and often the 'best team' doesn't win. That's just what happens.

There's been so many incidents over the years with teams I can't be bothered to name them all but I think France have been fortunate in games plenty, l mean they didn't screw R.O.I with the Henry handball years ago.. Oh wait...

I was gutted when Lampards goal wasn't given in that game years ago also but sadly it happens.

Yes I do hope 'that team' wins. I am a big Ronaldo fan, hope he can get some good form just at the perfect moment, :)

But to be honest being Scottish and used to football disappointment I don't really care either way but thanks for all your time there and enjoy the match ;)

Last edited:
It's funny people moaning that Portgual shouldn't be in the final but as I said France have been fortunate many times I mean BBC showing all previous times France beat Portugal and two times France won by getting a penalty, 1-0 in one game and then another penalty 2-1 in another game lol

I predict they get one tonight lol

Heartbreaking to see Ronaldo coming off like that absolutely disgusting to see such an incredible player be injured like that...

It's like Portugal now playing with 10 men :(

10 minutes in, can't ****** believe it

Disgusting that the commentator said some people will be cheering, that's sick

Wow what a game, so happy for Portugal, totally deserved that. People can say the piss about "...they won one game etc.." That's football they were the better team in this game when it mattered. It was heartbreaking to watch Portugal losing their captain and talisman so quick into the game. It took such mental strength and incredible heart to carry on, many teams would have collapsed but they defended brilliantly and had some great shots, also what a stunning goal to win it. Just fantastic, such determination, and Ronaldo showed what incredible team player he is to come out limping and urging on all the players, fantastic leader, totally deserved just sad he couldn't play in the game, Portugal would have won the game earlier had he been on. But wow, what a day Andy Murray won again and Portugal, Well Done :thumbs:

Reactions: Alistair G
Portugal deserved it, a lot of People say they never won in regular time, bla bla. But nobody beat them in regular time.And if nobody can beat you in 90 or 120 Minutes. You're the best Team.
So Congratz to Portugal.
But it was heartbreaking to see CR7 out of Game.

Reactions: Flash