Official Mac Mini Thread

apple-12q4-mac-mini-front-lg.jpg

apple-12q4-mac-mini-rear-lg.jpg

I have one of these and it is awesome. :scat: I am officially hooked on Mac now granted there are still some applications that require a Windows OS. I mean I have a monster of a computer- 8-core processor, 16GB of RAM, custom designed case, I mean the works and I prefer the Mac over it- Go Figure :wtf:

It's just so much easier and simplistic, very streamlined. I figured I'd keep my Monster PC for heavy hitter processing due to the 8-core processor and 16GB of RAM like video editing, processing and transcoding movies from Blu-ray and the likes.

I plan on hopefully this week buying 16GB of RAM and replacing the measley 4GB that's in there now. EEK! I mean the apps that I run in the background alone are taking up most of that and it keeps shutting stuff off to free up for other stuff. Hopefully in a month or two I'll get an iFixit Kit and a SSD and more than double my capacity and make it run a whole hell of a lot faster too. They have tutororials on how to do it on YT.

The only thing I regret is that I bought the i5 (dual core) instead of the i7 (quad core). What I really want now is the Mac Pro. :drool::drool: :emb:mg: :drool:

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Running a mac mini with a SSD and 16GB of RAM myself. Like you I regret not getting a higher spec machine to begin with. Aside from that I love it although I have been a mac user since 2007 now so Im quite use to the Mac world (its some of its shortcomings). Ill probably get a new mini when the next gen mini comes out or move on to a Mac Pro. Been thinking of grabbing a Dell 29" IPS 2560 x 1080 panel in the future whenever I get a new Mac Mini to pair with it... should be a great set up for myself especially for editing in Lightroom and Final Cut.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Considering getting one of these to turn my tv into a giant Mac. Any opinions on whether a full service Mac has any significant advantages over say the apple TV or a roku, etc.?

I'll be getting another Mac Mini, this time the new M2 2023 edition. I can't resist the price drop, it went from $600 down to $500 for the base model. I got rid of my last one a few years back because I just stopped using it but there's a few apps that I'm interested in using and so I've decided to buy another one, I plan on using a Thunderbolt 4 to Displayport cable to connect to 48" OLED gaming monitor, it'll be my first time using that type of cable.

e447b8d3-770e-4ccf-a1f1-a19ec67448c3.jpegMACMINIM21_CAPACITY-ALL_700x700.jpg

Well, this changed, I won't be getting the M2 Mac Mini after all, instead I'll be getting the M2 PRO Mac Mini...OH HELL YEAH! :thanks: :D Ordered just now and I'll get it day after tomorow.
I would get the Mac studio. I plan to get one next year. Vastly superior than the Mac Mini and all the power of the Mac Pro. Not cheap. £6 grand all it but it's great for your graphic design and photographic needs. And half the price of the Mac Pro...

Bit unusual for Apple to make an announcement this late in the year. Must be something rare....
Yes I agree plus ever since I can remember it's never been at, never. I wonder if holding it at night has some signifigance to the event, like fireworks or something of that nature.

Edit: I wonder if there gonna release Apple Vision, although the online community believe their gonna release the new M3 processor since it has the Finder icon in the logo.

Last edited:
Yes I agree plus ever since I can remember it's never been at, never. I wonder if holding it at night has some signifigance to the event, like fireworks or something of that nature.

Edit: I wonder if there gonna release Apple Vision, although the online community believe their gonna release the new M3 processor since it has the Finder icon in the logo.
if it means a more powerful and cheaper Applemac, I'm in......

Personally, I'd wait until Apple brings the M3 chip to the Mini's and Studio's. Right now it's only for the Mac Books, I'm sure it'll come to the Mini's and Studio's though, it's only a matter of time.
Not happen for a few years. They have just introduced both New Mac Pro and Mac Studio and they are not going to lose sales if people think "I'll just wait for the M3 chip"

Apple silicone is amazing, WAAAAY better than their old Intel models. My new Mac Mini has handled everything I've thrown at it without a single hichup, stutter or sluggishness. As long as there's an app for a specific task I need to do I'm happy and so far I've found an app for everything I need. One special app I like is called "Setapp" and it's basically a small app store that you pay a monthly fee ($10) and you can download any of their apps (which are full priced apps) which are included in that monthly fee. Pretty nice because there signing on new apps every 2-3 days and just about all of them you'd have to pay full price on the Apple App Store to download but not with Setapp. Anyways I haven't used my Windows PC much except for 2 apps that are not on the Mac Mini. Another nice thing about the Mac Mini, you don't hear the fan...At All! A wonderfull investment! :D :thanks:

Just a word of warning: If you plan to buy one, Apple has designed them where you can't upgrade the RAM or SSD so during your purchase decision you need to decide what size you want for your RAM and SSD that your gonna stay with because later you can't upgrade them.