Official Mac Thread

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Yes I went there!

Let's keep it clean, I know we got a few peeps that have Macs I'd like to get a thread going so they can share their knowledge.

I am rookie in this field. I know how to get around the system, but if I get stuck I don't know what to do other than hold the power button and turn off the system.

Any software recommendations, tools, utilities that are must have? let's share some tips!

*No bashing will be tolerated! If you got nothing productive to post please keep it to yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that. Think about all the things the MBP has and then tell me if they can shrink it a bit more. The dedicated graphics card that MBP carries is already tiny. Plus the disk drive it just seems hard to make it any smaller. Plus the extra connections on the side would make it difficult.

I doubt that. Think about all the things the MBP has and then tell me if they can shrink it a bit more. The dedicated graphics card that MBP carries is already tiny. Plus the disk drive it just seems hard to make it any smaller. Plus the extra connections on the side would make it difficult.

disc drive? you do realize apple is phasing them out right? lol. i mean..thats the whole point of making the air cheap. steve said it himself, its the future.

honestly, when was the last time you used the disc drive in a computer? i've never used it on this macbook

disc drive? you do realize apple is phasing them out right? lol. i mean..thats the whole point of making the air cheap. steve said it himself, its the future.

honestly, when was the last time you used the disc drive in a computer? i've never used it on this macbook

Blu-rays.......Hanging onto what Steve Jobs says isn't always written in stone buddy ;) I am sure discs will go out the door soon. I still handle a lot of stuff at work with discs, while consumers are ready to toss it, plenty of companies wont go data only for security reasons.

Blu-rays.......Hanging onto what Steve Jobs says isn't always written in stone buddy ;) I am sure discs will go out the door soon. I still handle a lot of stuff at work with discs, while consumers are ready to toss it, plenty of companies wont go data only for security reasons.

bluray what? apple will probably never support them officially. and yes, work is about the only place i still use discs, but that's not my point. how many companies use macbooks lol

I hate the mission control BS. Why mess with the spaces menu to make it all into one that doesn't even let you customize the way you use spaces and such? geez Apple and their genius ideas...They just made it more difficult to go about it.

Just figured it out. there's a plus button that appears in mission control to the top right corner of the screen where you can add more spaces. I am still not convinced by it though. I was used to dragging apps to the corners and passing to the next space.

Last edited:
I hate the mission control BS. Why mess with the spaces menu to make it all into one that doesn't even let you customize the way you use spaces and such? geez Apple and their genius ideas...They just made it more difficult to go about it.

Just figured it out. there's a plus button that appears in mission control to the top right corner of the screen where you can add more spaces. I am still not convinced by it though. I was used to dragging apps to the corners and passing to the next space.

I've been using it for a few days now and I like it. I hated the scroll, but once I got that sorted i've been all good. It took me a day or so to get used to all the finger inputs, but they really do save a lot of time...

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like a lot was added outside of the finger inputs, the launch pad, and mission control.

I've been using it for a few days now and I like it. I hated the scroll, but once I got that sorted i've been all good. It took me a day or so to get used to all the finger inputs, but they really do save a lot of time...

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like a lot was added outside of the finger inputs, the launch pad, and mission control.

I like the launch pad. Some of the Mac gurus at work hate mission control too. Glad I'm not the only one lol. Mail got updated which is nice since I use it quite a bit.

I like the launch pad. Some of the Mac gurus at work hate mission control too. Glad I'm not the only one lol. Mail got updated which is nice since I use it quite a bit.

I used to use mail a lot. But I stopped... For some reason it started sending all my mail from the same email address even though I was in a different folder replying from a different email. I just use the gmail plug-in for safari and it works just as good.