Netflix Okja - Streaming on Netflix June 28, 2017

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Okja (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Bong Joon-ho[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tilda Swinton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jake Gyllenhaal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Dano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kelly Macdonald[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Nighy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lily Collins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Devon Bostick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steven Yeun[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shirley Henderson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Henshall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Byun Hee-bong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yoon Je-moon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Choi Woo-shik[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-06-06[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A young girl named Mija risks everything to prevent a powerful, multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend - a massive animal named Okja.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
jnHhkFAyOsVqmIpS2MDTRoFMOM3.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg! Goosebumps! Now I really can't wait for it.....:woot:

And that's a sensational cool cover of Nine Inch Nails' - Piggy.

In short.....I'm in. :D

Me too! Was very cool to finally see Gyllenhaal's character too, even if it was only a glimpse.

Hard to believe it got booed at Cannes... but then again, so do so many other great films. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and spass
Haven't been reading that much about it but isn't this the movie they booed because it was a Netflix movie and not showed in cinemas?

They didn't boo it because it was bad did they?
Oh, really? I just heard it got booed and I assumed it was because they thought the film was bad.

Still a pretty silly excuse to boo a film IMO, but thanks for clearing that up! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
Oh, really? I just heard it got booed and I assumed it was because they thought the film was bad.

Still a pretty silly excuse to boo a film IMO, but thanks for clearing that up! :thumbs:

Yeah, I'm looking up the articles I read in Norwegian press now. People booed the Netflix logo when it appeared + people booed when the film was shown in the wrong aspect ratio, lol!

The jury chair man this year Pedro Almodóvar had said that films should be screen at cinemas if they wanted to be considered.

Found this article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39972987

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Yeah, I'm looking up the articles I read in Norwegian press now. People booed the Netflix logo when it appeared + people booed when the film was shown in the wrong aspect ratio, lol!

The jury chair man this year Pedro Almodóvar had said that films should be screen at cinemas if they wanted to be considered.

Found this article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39972987
Interesting! Not too surprising it got booed then I guess.

Thanks again for sharing. :)

• Thanks
@spass @Noodles I dont know if you guys heard, but local theatre chains in South Korea are not supporting this release. 3 of their biggest theatres refused to show this across the country. I'm assuming the small theatres will. I think the reason was they wanted to exclusively show this for 2-3 weeks before it gets a wide release on the internet/Netflix on June 28th (especially since the Director is S.Korean). But apparently Netflix refused that.

As for me, i'm not even gonna bother to watch the second trailer since i know for a fact i'll be watching this :D

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and Noodles
@spass @Noodles I dont know if you guys heard, but local theatre chains in South Korea are not supporting this release. 3 of their biggest theatres refused to show this across the country. I'm assuming the small theatres will. I think the reason was they wanted to exclusively show this for 2-3 weeks before it gets a wide release on the internet/Netflix on June 28th (especially since the Director is S.Korean). But apparently Netflix refused that.

As for me, i'm not even gonna bother to watch the second trailer since i know for a fact i'll be watching this :D
Since it's a Netflix film funded by themselves, then they obviously have every right to want to show it exclusively through their service... I don't understand why cinemas are so surprised/upset over that, but hey-ho!

I'll definitely be watching it as soon as it hits Netflix too. ;)

Since it's a Netflix film funded by themselves, then they obviously have every right to want to show it exclusively through their service... I don't understand why cinemas are so surprised/upset over that, but hey-ho!

I'll definitely be watching it as soon as it hits Netflix too. ;)
I can completely understand Netflix point of view and why they wouldnt wanna accept that deal; but i can also understand the theatre chains' point of view. For starters, it's their very own S.Korean director making a big budget/Hollywood film. So i'm sure they feel proud and want some sort of exclusivity. And from a business point of view, they are probably afraid that if they support this, then it will serve as a way for Netflix and other streaming services to follow suit and eventually leading to less people showing up in theatres.

Yesterday, i read an article that said online streaming services will overtake theatre box office by 2020 in UK. So yea, i can see every theatre chain across the world trying to make deals like these.

I thought this was absolutely amazing.
It weird, wonderful, sad, funny and the music is great too.

All the cast are perfect and I've never seen jake Gyllenhaal play a character like this before. Couldn't stop laughing

Did you watch it mate? What you think of it?

Anyone else seen this yet?
@tridon @Noodles @spass @AlienKing @kaw?

Even if your not Into these kinds of films it's worth it for jakes random character

Haven't got around to it yet mate. But in 10 hours I'm going out on 3 weeks vacation and this is on top of my watchlist (along with the new episodes of Twin Peaks).

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Haven't got around to it yet mate. But in 10 hours I'm going out on 3 weeks vacation and this is on top of my watchlist (along with the new episodes of Twin Peaks).

Ohh i hope you enjoy your vacation

I'm 3 episodes in on twin peaks and it's so weird. Like weirder than the originals

Hope you enjoy this

• Thanks
Ohh i hope you enjoy your vacation

I'm 3 episodes in on twin peaks and it's so weird. Like weirder than the originals

Hope you enjoy this

Thanks mate. I'm on night shifts this week and could have seen it in the early ours on the work computer or my iPad but I need to finish the last season of House of Cards, besides, this one I want to see at home on my 65" with lots of sound:)

Lol, yeah, I understand that after the little I have deliberately read about it.

• Thanks

Even if your not Into these kinds of films it's worth it for jakes random character
Nah, not yet... keep meaning to watch it but just haven't been in the mood for this sort of film lately unfortunately. I'll definitely get around to it soon though, as it's a film I've really been looking forward to checking out!

• Thanks
Nah, not yet... keep meaning to watch it but just haven't been in the mood for this sort of film lately unfortunately. I'll definitely get around to it soon though, as it's a film I've really been looking forward to checking out!

Honestly mate I've never seen Gyllenhaal in a role like this before. I think you'll love him in this

this one I want to see at home on my 65" with lots of sound:)

:cigar:

;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and spass
Honestly mate I've never seen Gyllenhaal in a role like this before. I think you'll love him in this

:cigar:

;)
I have no doubt about that dude... I love Jake in everything! Even in films I don't necessarily like, he still provides a great/memorable performance. :)

Speaking of which... you ever seen Bubble Boy?

• Thanks

Haven't seen it yet because my wife's not really into "strange" films. I usually have to wait until she goes to bed to watch those. :p

I can't wait to see it, though! I loved both The Host and Snowpiercer and this looks fantastic!