Netflix Okja - Streaming on Netflix June 28, 2017

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Okja (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Bong Joon-ho[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tilda Swinton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jake Gyllenhaal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Dano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kelly Macdonald[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Nighy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lily Collins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Devon Bostick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steven Yeun[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shirley Henderson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Henshall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Byun Hee-bong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yoon Je-moon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Choi Woo-shik[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-06-06[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A young girl named Mija risks everything to prevent a powerful, multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend - a massive animal named Okja.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
jnHhkFAyOsVqmIpS2MDTRoFMOM3.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no doubt about that dude... I love Jake in everything! Even in films I don't necessarily like, he still provides a great/memorable performance. :)

Speaking of which... you ever seen Bubble Boy?

Yeah same. Hes my favourite along with jaoquin Phoenix, dicaprio, Gary oldman and kurt Russell

Mind you I hated him in prince of Persia

Ohhh a very long time ago lol, I remember that being bad but something I'd probably find hilarious if I watched it now

Haven't seen it yet because my wife's not really into "strange" films. I usually have to wait until she goes to bed to watch those. :p

I can't wait to see it, though! I loved both The Host and Snowpiercer and this looks fantastic!

Haha, I know what you mean.
Well it has some strange characters, the film itself isn't as strange as some films I imagine you've seen but definately a bit wacky and quirky

Same I loved the host but I felt like they run out of budget at the end and snowpiercer was fantastic

He's films have these odd plots around food! Which I find interesting

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon
Just got done watching this and thought it was great! The entire cast were amazing in their roles, especially the young girl who plays Mija. The story reminded me a bit of the PS1 game Abe's Odyssey, which certainly isn't a bad thing! I enjoyed it a lot and really felt for Mija and Okja, which isn't something even most Disney films make me feel nowadays. Hopefully this receives a blu-ray release!

@Flloydo I see what you meant about Gyllenhaal... really crazy/weird character lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Just got done watching this and thought it was great! The entire cast were amazing in their roles, especially the young girl who plays Mija. The story reminded me a bit of the PS1 game Abe's Odyssey, which certainly isn't a bad thing! I enjoyed it a lot and really felt for Mija and Okja, which isn't something even most Disney films make me feel nowadays. Hopefully this receives a blu-ray release!

@Flloydo I see what you meant about Gyllenhaal... really crazy/weird character lol.

Yes exactly the abes oddesy feel lol bang on.
Even with the strange humour on Tildas side

Yeah loved this film and would love a steel maybe from kimchi as they did snowpiercer plus host got a steel didn't it? So it has a chance and even better in premium form

Gyllenhaals character is unreal. Well he's a w*nker but you know what I mean

I couldn't stop laughing at danos team when they are fighting the security off with umbrellas lol "we're not terrorists"

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yes exactly the abes oddesy feel lol bang on.
Even with the strange humour on Tildas side

Yeah loved this film and would love a steel maybe from kimchi as they did snowpiercer plus host got a steel didn't it? So it has a chance and even better in premium form

Gyllenhaals character is unreal. Well he's a w*nker but you know what I mean

I couldn't stop laughing at danos team when they are fighting the security off with umbrellas lol "we're not terrorists"
The scene at the factory is what instantly made me think of Abe, and then it made me want a proper Abe film lol.

Ohh I hadn't thought about the possibility of a steel from Kimchi... I really hope it happens! Yeah, The Host had a steelbook both here in the UK and in France I believe -- I only just picked up Zavvi's steel a month or so ago and still need to check out the film.

Haha yep, his character was an a-hole, but his craziness made him fun to watch lol.

That was funny! And the bit where they're trying to hijack the lorry but worrying about everyone's safety at the same time... telling the guy to put his seatbelt on. :LOL:

Did you watch the bit after the credits by the way?

• Thanks
Did you watch it mate? What you think of it?

Anyone else seen this yet?
@tridon @Noodles @spass @AlienKing @kaw?

Even if your not Into these kinds of films it's worth it for jakes random character
I've been desperately waiting to watch this. Top of my watch list. First chance i get i will. I havent sat down to watch a movie at home in almost 2 weeks :OMG::OMG:(n) Argh! Why do we have to work!?

The scene at the factory is what instantly made me think of Abe, and then it made me want a proper Abe film lol.

Ohh I hadn't thought about the possibility of a steel from Kimchi... I really hope it happens! Yeah, The Host had a steelbook both here in the UK and in France I believe -- I only just picked up Zavvi's steel a month or so ago and still need to check out the film.

Haha yep, his character was an a-hole, but his craziness made him fun to watch lol.

That was funny! And the bit where they're trying to hijack the lorry but worrying about everyone's safety at the same time... telling the guy to put his seatbelt on. :LOL:

Did you watch the bit after the credits by the way?

Would love a abe film!

I don't own either on steel and only have the host on DVD. Would love the snowpiercer steel but I hear they don't have English subs for the Korean parts

You not seen the host then?

He was brilliant to watch! That squeaky voice and way he is was just mad

Yeah the lorry part was making me laugh. I don't think I did see the scene after the credits!

I've been desperately waiting to watch this. Top of my watch list. First chance i get i will. I havent sat down to watch a movie at home in almost 2 weeks :OMG::OMG:(n) Argh! Why do we have to work!?

Hope you enjoy it. I know you love a bit of Jake too

Would love a abe film!

I don't own either on steel and only have the host on DVD. Would love the snowpiercer steel but I hear they don't have English subs for the Korean parts

You not seen the host then?

He was brilliant to watch! That squeaky voice and way he is was just mad

Yeah the lorry part was making me laugh. I don't think I did see the scene after the credits!

Hope you enjoy it. I know you love a bit of Jake too
Snowpiercer has become one of my favourite films, yet I still don't own it on any format partly due to the reason you mentioned (no English subs -- can't believe it never got a UK release), apart from the Kimchi premium edition, but then that's region locked. :banghead:

Nah, not got around to watching The Host yet mate... I'd forgotten all about it if I'm honest. Will more than likely check it out soon now that I've remembered. :D

Haha yeah, he plays crazy/creepy very well. Could you imagine him as a villain in a superhero movie? I think he would've made a great Joker... better than Leto at least.

BlRIwtCzVmNs_1774.jpg

• Thanks
Snowpiercer has become one of my favourite films, yet I still don't own it on any format partly due to the reason you mentioned (no English subs -- can't believe it never got a UK release), apart from the Kimchi premium edition, but then that's region locked. :banghead:

Nah, not got around to watching The Host yet mate... I'd forgotten all about it if I'm honest. Will more than likely check it out soon now that I've remembered. :D

Haha yeah, he plays crazy/creepy very well. Could you imagine him as a villain in a superhero movie? I think he would've made a great Joker... better than Leto at least.

View attachment 321623

Yeah I really want snowpiercer on blu Ray. Maybe one day it will happen

Host is amazing but the ending let me down. I think they run out of budget lol

Wasn't he offered the joker? Before ledger took the role. I read years ago he and Depp were offered but both turned it down.

I always said to my mates he'd make a great joker and this was well before seeing him as Lou in nightcrawler. He has certain mannerisms of him along with the creepy grin in that film

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah I really want snowpiercer on blu Ray. Maybe one day it will happen

Host is amazing but the ending let me down. I think they run out of budget lol

Wasn't he offered the joker? Before ledger took the role. I read years ago he and Depp were offered but both turned it down.

I always said to my mates he'd make a great joker and this was well before seeing him as Lou in nightcrawler. He has certain mannerisms of him along with the creepy grin in that film
If anyone's going to do a UK steelbook then it's Zavvi... I might try and start a petition. ;)

The trailer for Host didn't do much for me to be honest, which is why I never bothered watching the film... it wasn't until I realised it was by the same guy who directed Snowpiercer that I decided to give it a chance... plus the steel was in one of Zavvi's sales. :p

Oh, maybe he was then... that's probably what originally put the thought in my head when the mention of a new Joker first came about lol. But yeah, he definitely has the right mannerisms and grin... his real laugh is already pretty Joker like too!
No I defo hadn't seen that. I'm lost

They talking about another?
Hmm now that you mention it... are they talking about the next hijacking/break-in being "big" or the next superpig/animal? I previously thought the former, but now I'm not so sure.

• Thanks
If anyone's going to do a UK steelbook then it's Zavvi... I might try and start a petition. ;)

The trailer for Host didn't do much for me to be honest, which is why I never bothered watching the film... it wasn't until I realised it was by the same guy who directed Snowpiercer that I decided to give it a chance... plus the steel was in one of Zavvi's sales. :p

Oh, maybe he was then... that's probably what originally put the thought in my head when the mention of a new Joker first came about lol. But yeah, he definitely has the right mannerisms and grin... his real laugh is already pretty Joker like too!

Hmm now that you mention it... are they talking about the next hijacking/break-in being "big" or the next superpig/animal? I previously thought the former, but now I'm not so sure.

The host is a great film but for me and my mates who I watched it with we all laughed at the end and was a little let down. But I haven't seen it in years

Well I thought they were planning the next one and meant the animal was big but I'm not sure if thats a new species of animal as they are protesters for all animals or another big okja