• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be the 10th Aniversary remastered release...

The picture quality on the UK release is awful, with the US 2007 and 10th aniversary 2013 release from Tartan being far superior in terms of picture quality.
With Plain Archives design and using the remastered version this will be the Edtion to end all editions. :notworthy::drool::drool:
Which is needed...IMO :thumbs:

As for the US remake that atrocity should never have seen the light of day!!! :vomit:

Last edited:
There is definitely room in the world for another Oldboy release if it's coming from PA and under the watch of the director.

So many times it's looked on badly when there is a another release of a title which has already been released in SteelBook. As far as I'm concerned, if someone is prepared to put in the effort to take it to another level then I'm all ears and am more than happy to support their hard work in bringing out a superior version.

Let's face it, PA are batting with a pretty solid average so far and the game has only just begun.

This will no doubt be the version to get for a while to come...

This will be the 10th Aniversary remastered release...

The picture quality on the UK release is awful, with the US 2007 and 10th aniversary 2013 release from Tartan being far superior in terms of picture quality.
With Plain Archives design and using the remastered version this will be the Edtion to end all editions. :notworthy::drool::drool:
Which is needed...IMO :thumbs:

As for the US remake that atrocity should never have seen the light of day!!! :vomit:

I think the film definitely is in need of a remaster. The US 10th Anniversary Edition had the same PQ as the 2007 release. Hopefully the Chan Wook Park looks at the transfer and not just the artwork!

Also, the US 10th Anniversary Edition had LOSSY audio, unlike the 2007 release. It was actually a downgrade. So hopefully they get this right.

Reactions: Hooch
Plain Archive are the best, and it's coming from someone who's not an Asian whøre in general (come on, you know who you are :D).

From their smooth and efficient website/servers to their great communication (both their Facebook page and their customer service) and obviously their thoughtful, coherent design choices, I know they'll do a good job and I'll be able to fully enjoy it.

So this will be the ultimate edition to own, and if they really provide a new transfer on top of the overall package, then it won't even feel like double-dipping :) (I'm usually not keen on double-dipping ; I own the UK steelbook too, it looks nice enough, but I and my wallet are open to Plain Archive's offer...).

Korean director Park Chan-wook (“Stoker”) will release a new Blu-ray edition of the digitally remastered version of his 2003 cult film, “Oldboy.” The digitally remastered “Oldboy” was re-released last year to celebrate its 10th anniversary, the Blu-ray will be released in March. The new Blu-ray edition, to be produced by Plain Archive, will include a documentary featuring interviews with actors Choi Min-sik, Yoo Ji-tae and Yoo Yeon-seok who is enjoying a surge in popularity in Korea.

Interviews with crew and industry professionals discussing “Oldboy’s” achievements in the last 10 years will also be included, says Baek Jun-O, CEO of Plain Archive. Shooting for the documentary has begun at the Busan Intl. Film Festival. The Blu-ray edition will also include a picture book of stills from the film’s shoot”

Source: Variety

Last edited: